Clexit possibly back on the agenda

glensmad

Difficulty is that Bankies fans voted to join the pyramid for next season coming and to do anything other than that would require an egm and vote of the fans to change direction, I intend to hold the club to this. Waiting yet another year when the best time to leave was last year isnt acceptable.

I remember something coming out earlier this season that the manager was concerned about being competitive in the East as players weren’t happy about all the travelling. Is that still the case?

Bankies are in a different position with regards to the fan base which doesn’t fluctuate that much no matter what league you are in but that last not the same for other clubs which is why the response won’t be high on the new league for next season. If they could get a Talbot or Pollok to agree to join the league then that could change things.

How far are Clydebank away from being licensed? I appreciate they're past the deadline but could they try to apply for the Lowland League spot vacated by Selkirk with a year's derogation?

It's probably not "fair", but politically I think letting a West club into the LL would be a good move to shift even more power away from the SJFA.

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How far are Clydebank away from being licensed? I appreciate they're past the deadline but could they try to apply for the Lowland League spot vacated by Selkirk with a year's derogation?

It's probably not "fair", but politically I think letting a West club into the LL would be a good move to shift even more power away from the SJFA.

Seeing as there's a queue of clubs waiting on the SFA getting back to them re: licencing, I would hazard a guess that any clubs not even involved in the process might face a 'we'll call you back' scenario.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Difficulty is that Bankies fans voted to join the pyramid for next season coming and to do anything other than that would require an egm and vote of the fans to change direction, I intend to hold the club to this. Waiting yet another year when the best time to leave was last year isnt acceptable.

As much as I think there will be further resistance to joining, it'll probably happen in one form of another at the end of next season. It would be counter productive to move East now.

As much as I think there will be further resistance to joining, it'll probably happen in one form of another at the end of next season. It would be counter productive to move East now.

Just a complete waste of two years and frustrating for our fans who gave the board a mandate. Its annoying that there has been a lack of information provided to fans.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I doubt you'd get majority support to jump to tier 7 East when no-one would know how it'd work either logistically or financially . Its cutting one's nose off big style. That said im getting rather sick of the delays which look increasingly like one man digging his heels in. Theres no realistic argument for East Juniors at tier 6 and the Tay isnt going to just dry up overnight. You need some point to differentiate North and South and thats as good as any. 

In lieu of anything that we dont yet know about having been arranged then I think giving it one more year and requiring absolute movement and agreement by Christmas is looking the only real option. If not forthcoming then a breakaway league must be expected and worked towards. That must be supported explicitly by the SFA as its possibly the only way the impasse would be negotiated by that stage if the parties are still fannying about. 

If the east doesn't work logistically or financially why did the board have a vote to join it last year? and surely they must have another vote to overturn the one we had last year the board cannot take that decision themselves.

9 minutes ago, hague said:

If the east doesn't work logistically or financially why did the board have a vote to join it last year? and surely they must have another vote to overturn the one we had last year the board cannot take that decision themselves.

when vote was taken there was only 1 EOS league at tier 6 and West hadnt yet been mooted. I do however think there should be another meeting 

Do you think it’s something BSC, EK Thistle and Edusport might support? Although in the LL just now, would having them affiliated with the new league, along with Clydebank, persuade others to follow suit? Or even just disrupt things enough that SOMETHING will happen!? 

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Most of our support has, but it seems there is no vote or anything on the horizon and apparently no other junior clubs are interested in a wosl.

Do West clubs still want to be involved in the Pyramid? I'm going to guess the answer is some are, some aren't.   Maybe both should be catered for.

Do West clubs still want to be involved in the Pyramid? I'm going to guess the answer is some are, some aren't.   Maybe both should be catered for.

Unclear, apparently hearing most will take it if its laid on a plate but wouldnt be upset either way, thus no one challenging TJ’s absolute farcical handling of negotiations.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Unclear, apparently hearing most will take it if its laid on a plate but wouldnt be upset either way, thus no one challenging TJ’s absolute farcical handling of negotiations.

Fair summing up :)

Need to go for it if at all possible. I would hope the idea of working towards regular Scottish cup entry then being within x number of promotions away from Dumbarton - Airdrie - Morton - the Jags - the OF would surely help to raise interest in the town and crowds would rise as a result?