Clexit possibly back on the agenda

glensmad

One answer would be to re-visit the WoS idea which was discussed, allegedly, by a number of WRJFA clubs over the past year. If I recall correctly, the BSC Glasgow guy who is in a prominent position at the Lowland League put out this idea a year ago. That too could be revisited. Then there is the EoS which, it seems, offered to help western clubs if they wished to go down the WoS route. There are potential options.

However, I think that this should be revisited at a EAGM prior to the WRJFA's AGM this summer. Then maybe all clubs could move as a single league albeit as a new Senior league directly affiliated to the SFA and with a place in the Lowland League play-offs in April/May 2020. There's not point in delay. With positive action this could happen rapidly. I cannot see the SFA saying NO to such progress. 

Also to add they can't join the SOS as their deadline for applications was April 30th

They were already accepted as members of the EOS last year. Their quandary now would be that they would he joining the east but I would presume not in the top league. Financial suicide.

They were already accepted as members of the EOS last year. Their quandary now would be that they would he joining the east but I would presume not in the top league. Financial suicide. 

I'm aware of the defered membership. My point was SOS is off the cards if the club wanted to pursue or explore it. Both SOS or EOS options would mean increased travel & reduced income from away fans. The SOS option would ofc mean tier 6 instead of tier 7 in EOS.

I'm not sure the EoS is still an option for Clydebank?

They obviously have a deferred acceptance, but that would now be for Teir 7 and I can't imagine the official connected with the club who has been slaughtering the EoS for the better part of 6 months will do them any favours.

Granted it's only one man, but that man being (apparently) an active club official means it's more than just one fans view.

WoS breakaway league might be the best option, if they can garner enough support for it.

I genuinely dont see us going east, i have mixed feelings about this. i fancied our chances going last year and giving the conferences a run for their money, but i strongly feel that for us to put out a strong team two years in a row with travelling costs east and no licensing money we’d be priced out. What id like to see is a wosl put in place for next year, open invites for all to participate, if that doesnt happen then a north division of the sosl using their rules etc. Its clear there is still time to put soemthing good in place, 1 month for applications/negotiations and then a season starting in mid august would be fine (no stupid sectional cup to play). I disagreed with the person making the posts about some eosl teams and if or when he returns im sure he’ll agree he was wrong, but id suggest it is one person posting not the view of the club or of any number of supporters, id say from canvassing fans at games and online etc they are very positive towards the eosl and very appreciative of the offer to join them made last year.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I genuinely dont see us going east, i have mixed feelings about this. i fancied our chances going last year and giving the conferences a run for their money, but i strongly feel that for us to put out a strong team two years in a row with travelling costs east and no licensing money we’d be priced out. What id like to see is a wosl put in place for next year, open invites for all to participate, if that doesnt happen then a north division of the sosl using their rules etc. Its clear there is still time to put soemthing good in place, 1 month for applications/negotiations and then a season starting in mid august would be fine (no stupid sectional cup to play). I disagreed with the person making the posts about some eosl teams and if or when he returns im sure he’ll agree he was wrong, but id suggest it is one person posting not the view of the club or of any number of supporters, id say from canvassing fans at games and online etc they are very positive towards the eosl and very appreciative of the offer to join them made last year.

For an independent WoSFL to get set up in time for 2019-20 I think it would need Clydebank to take the lead with setting one up. Don't see the LL or EoS doing it on anyone's behalf. All the whispers of interest isn't going to do anything.

As long as it can be put in place for this time next season, this doesn’t really make any difference to the long-term plan for the pyramid (as far as I can see). Nobody would have been ready to step up next season anyway & it saves a panic finishing the Premiership early that we weren’t organised for.

If anything, it gives everyone more time to be organised for when it DOES come around. Particularly Bankies, they’ll be licence-ready in a year I’d expect.

As long as it can be put in place for this time next season, this doesn’t really make any difference to the long-term plan for the pyramid (as far as I can see). Nobody would have been ready to step up next season anyway & it saves a panic finishing the Premiership early that we weren’t organised for.

If anything, it gives everyone more time to be organised for when it DOES come around. Particularly Bankies, they’ll be licence-ready in a year I’d expect.
Given the way the SFA are dicking about if they're licence ready in a year, they might get their licence award sometime in season 2023/24. [emoji846]

Id be disappointed if Clydebanks board werent trying to get a wosl going for next year.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Although hearing support from some junior clubs hasnt been very encouraging.

I would like to see Clydebank to vote to investigate a start up WoSFL. Have the meeting, send out notes of interest to the other West Region clubs, possibly youth clubs with amateur sides. Confirm with the Lowland League, East of Scotland, South of Scotland and SFA they could have "Pyramid" status to access licensing, league champions entry into the Scottish Cup if unlicensed and entry to the LL play-off in 2020/21.

If you could get all that and enough interest for 10+ clubs breakway in 2019/20 with fixtures supplemented by South Region Challenge Cup and EoS Cup competitions.

It's a lot of work to get done in a month, so very much doubt it'll even be attempted. It's probably going to be another year of either trying to negotiate entry through the SJFA or a year to plan a WoSFL.

I would like to see Clydebank to vote to investigate a start up WoSFL. Have the meeting, send out notes of interest to the other West Region clubs, possibly youth clubs with amateur sides. Confirm with the Lowland League, East of Scotland, South of Scotland and SFA they could have "Pyramid" status to access licensing, league champions entry into the Scottish Cup if unlicensed and entry to the LL play-off in 2020/21.
If you could get all that and enough interest for 10+ clubs breakway in 2019/20 with fixtures supplemented by South Region Challenge Cup and EoS Cup competitions.
It's a lot of work to get done in a month, so very much doubt it'll even be attempted. It's probably going to be another year of either trying to negotiate entry through the SJFA or a year to plan a WoSFL.

I’m don’t think that the SFA are ready to give up on the Juniors coming in to the pyramid in the west so I’m not sure they would allow a league into the pyramid into the west until they have exhausted every option. As has been said a good few times the east is the issue and the west could of been in but for the SJFA.

They now have a year to resolve this but if at Christmas it isn’t looking likely I think then is the time to put together a new west league proposal. It could be rushed now but clubs would need time to consult fans.

I feel for Bankies and their fans who have been sold down the river by the SJFA and misinformation that has been put out there.

...I feel for Bankies and their fans who have been sold down the river by the SJFA and misinformation that has been put out there.

The irony about that is the President of the SJFA West Region, and (unless I am mistaken) the Vice President of the SJFA itself, is Matt Bamford of Clydebank FC.

This is surely a very awkward situation for him ?