Dress code for parents

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48127788

James Madison High School in Houston Texas has instituted a dress code for parents.  The school will reject parents wearing hair rollers, head scarves, pyjamas or leggings, saying that they expect standards to be set by parents for their children.  Head teacher Carlotta  Brown said "Parents, we do value you as a partner in your child's education. You are your child's first teacher. However, please know that we have to have standards, most of all we must have high standards. We are preparing your child for a prosperous future"

Some parents back the codes but others think it sets a dangerous precedent.  Some schools in the UK have requested that parents not show up wearing pyjamas to drop their children off.

Have any P&Bers ever been rebuked for their choice of clothes at the school gate?

Do any P&Bers regularly wear pyjamas or hair rollers outside in public?

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Nobody turned up outside schools wearing pyjamas when I was a kid, when did this start?

Probably when people started driving their kids to school instead of letting them walk or get the bus.

Going out of the house in your pyjamas (further than say to put the bins out or something) is scummy beyond my comprehension. I cant imagine doing it, I cant imagine my parents doing it. 

In my experience, it seems to be yer "Full time mummy" types that carry on like this. The sort that think their brand of parenting makes them unspeakably busy and short of time, despite being surrounded by working parents who manage to clothe themselves in the morning, and despite my presumtion that being a "full time" parent would elicit some sort of actual effort to do a good job. 

Its a no on jammies for me.

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

that parents not show up wearing pyjamas

Is this actually a thing??? 

Fuckin scummy kuntz if it is. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I didn’t think anyone wore pyjamas over the age of 10 (wrestling fans aside) and under the age of 60. 

What’s less surprising is a Texas school banning headscarves. 

Plenty of women of any age wear pyjamas tbf.

However any male above the age of about 12 who does - inside or outside - needs to take a fucking look at themselves.

Land of the free.  Interesting they say prosperous future too, just assuming that's desirable for a!l kids.  What about a happy,healthy future in harmony with the environment.  Not everybody wants that for their kids.  Also leggings are common nowadays and can look very good.

And what are they going to do anyway refuse to hand over a kid to a parent not dressed to their liking?  I can't see that going very well,or standing up in court.

I think I'd be turning up on Monday afternoon in leggings pyjama top and headscarf to pick my kid up just to say fk you.

The pyjama thing used to annoy me until someone turned up wearing a robe and nothing underneath. I'll take pyjamas any day thanuverimush.

I don't want to alarm anyone, but has there been an edict on the acceptability of MILFy Gym Slag attire?

Once dropped my daughter at school and witnessed an obese mum in bogging pyjamas with a jacket over the top dropping her kids off. Went straight to Tesco afterwards, and there was said mum, pushing a trolley up and down the aisles, absolute lazy, smelly tramp behaviour which should be outlawed. 

@BigFatTabbyDave's question about milfy gym sorts' is a totally different subject, which could merit its own thread ( preferably with plenty pics to discuss ). 

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48127788

James Madison High School in Houston Texas has instituted a dress code for parents.  

- all handguns to be kept in over-the-shoulder holsters and secured with a velcro handle fastener

- automatic weapons must be carried with the barrel pointed towards the ground at all times; chamber flags are optional

- camouflage gear can only be worn in conjunction with a high-visibility jacket in automobile-access zones

- a maximum of six anti-personal grenades to be carried by any one person, which must be affixed to external bandoliers at all times

- no tee-shirts, baseball hats or sweatshirts may display politicised slogans other than MAGA, the confederate flag, NRA or KKK symbols

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Shortly before the trend for arseholes bringing their coffee with them to the gates started.  The hardship, oh look I'm so busy I need to bring a coffee with me to the school gates.

Just f**k off.

I presume you're talking about coffee in a mug* from their cupboard rather than a Starbucks cup? 

*tacky internet ordered mug with a love heart shaped photo of the kid of course. 

7 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

this always prompts mild admonishment for some reason...

P_FW_5463.jpg

Was wondering what Larry David was up to after Curb Your Enthusiasm.

5cccc8034d3b3_staceysmom.jpg.475eff07eef23fde2e1a8c5ef422d19a.jpg

Stacey's Mum- acceptable wear for dropping the kids off to school.

burka.jpg.0831cbfb374b1020a0a06b137a5d6de4.jpg

typical fat Scottish schemie munter mums- acceptable wear for dropping the kids off to school. 

armour.jpg.121075c003b3658cc999234f80a193c6.jpg

suitable wear for dropping the kids off at Easterhouse Academy...