Man Utd

Kuro

1 hour ago, Nold said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Does anyone have any tips or particular sites they recommend for getting tickets for Premiership games, specifically ManUtd in this instance? Looking to get a pair of tickets for a mate's birthday.

You should be able to get them on the Man Utd site unless its City or Liverpool. Pretty sure Old Trafford isnt a sell out anymore 

You should be able to get them on the Man Utd site unless its City or Liverpool. Pretty sure Old Trafford isnt a sell out anymore 
Thanks. I've sent them an email, it was just on the chance someone knew an alternative.

19 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

This came up on my Youtube feed tonight.  If you've got 25 minutes or so to spare, it's a good watch. I was really surprised at a lot of Keane's comments.

cheers for that. There's longer versions covering more topics (the Jon Walters stuff was pretty good!) available on youtube too, although I'm wary to recommend it in case you're unsure how much more of Gary Neville's laughter you can stomach.

4 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He's spot on with his comments on Darren Ferguson. He spent 99% of his career in the second tier but has a Premier League winner's medal.

Even the world's biggest c***s get the odd thing correct. 

Fine player but Keane is an absolute bellend. Endlessly looking to appear "edgy" or controversial  but actually utterly predictable.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Fine player but Keane is an absolute bellend. Endlessly looking to appear "edgy" or controversial  but actually utterly predictable.

I disagree and I really don’t think there’s any act with Roy Keane. He had a huge fall out with SAF and still isn’t over it, he was Man Utd captain through the clubs most successful period and feels the club and Sir Alex treated him badly at the end and wants an apology for it. Don’t think he’s in the wrong here at all.

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He's not even half the c**t Alex Ferguson is in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He's not even half the c**t Alex Ferguson is in my opinion.

I think they're both sort of in the right here. Keane is just being honest, and feels he didnt get enough respect when he left. Ferguson decided Keanes time was done so got him out the door.

No idea what Keane is hoping to achieve though, he'll never get an apology now as Ferguson will still believe he done it right, and all hes doing is bringing his own star down amongst United fans as theyll never choose him over Ferguson. 

Same as Owen ranting at Shearer, whats he expecting to achieve by claiming Shearer, who turned down Man U to stay and break records at Newcastle, wasnt loyal to Newcastle. 

Sometimes folk need brought down a notch. That's exactly what Owen achieved over Shearer. He said he was pushing for and extremely close to leaving Newcastle. It won't change Newcastle fans views on him, you're right, but it does call to question his holier than thou persona he tries to exude. 

Sometimes folk need brought down a notch. That's exactly what Owen achieved over Shearer. He said he was pushing for and extremely close to leaving Newcastle. It won't change Newcastle fans views on him, you're right, but it does call to question his holier than thou persona he tries to exude. 

Main difference being that Owen and Shearer were part of a shite Newcastle set up that got relegated whereas Ferguson and Keane were manager/captain of the most successful Man Utd side ever and won everything. Both Ferguson and Keane have each other to thank for the success they achieved in the game and were essential parts in each other’s success but they haven’t spoke in 15 years and have slated each other in books and other media ever since which makes it all the more intriguing to hear about. Keane actually seems like quite a good laugh in fairness to him.

I disagree and I really don’t think there’s any act with Roy Keane. He had a huge fall out with SAF and still isn’t over it, he was Man Utd captain through the clubs most successful period and feels the club and Sir Alex treated him badly at the end and wants an apology for it. Don’t think he’s in the wrong here at all.

That’s a fair view. Keane no doubt feels hard done too but he wasn’t the first or last to be jettisoned by SAF for what Ferguson thought was for the benefit of the team. Ferguson ManU and for that matter Keane will all have reaped reward from that ruthlessness.
I have what is possibly an ill founded dislike for Keane. He can be quite a discerning pundit but he regularly (IMHO) tries to look controversial just for effect.

I'm aware that Keane is probably just answering a leading and provocative question from a journalist but in constantly taking swipes at SAF it just makes him look bitter.

There was a reason he was moved on from United by SAF. His hip had gone and combined with his sometimes toxic personality, he had to go for the benefit of the dressing room.

• 4 weeks later...