Man Utd

Kuro

6 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

You do a regular Liverpool podcast don't you?

Yes.  I do cheer for Liverpool as my English team lol.  Was hoping that info would not reach here lol!  My friend who I do the podcast with is a much more hardcore Liverpool fan than I am!

Also on the podcast I use every opportunity I can get to talk up Scottish Football

Edited by senorsoupe

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Yes.  I do cheer for Liverpool as my English team lol.  Was hoping that info would not reach here lol!  My friend who I do the podcast with is a much more hardcore Liverpool fan than I am!

You’ll fit in well on here senor ... :D

11 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Yes.  I do cheer for Liverpool as my English team lol.  Was hoping that info would not reach here lol! 

Can I ask why you didn't want it known on here?

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I don't know, maybe I figured people would make fun of me or something lol.  It's not rational I guess

Most of the big English clubs get a pasting on here and I'd say it depends on the individual's posting style how they're treated really. You come over as generally decent and not very precious so I doubt you'd get a lot of flack. If you did I'm sure you'd be able to respond in kind! 

However, given what you've said, declaring Celtic as your team...:huh: ;)

30 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I don't know, maybe I figured people would make fun of me or something lol.  It's not rational I guess

You’ll be fine senor. Liverpool used to get a bit of stick on here from the odd Sky Sports Subscriber but it’s pretty much died a death :)

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Is there a particular reason a vast amount of Canadians seem to support Liverpool? 

Good question, not really sure.  Man Utd are more popular than Liverpool around here though, this was especially true in the late 90's early 2000's (when I first starting watching football and the Premier League started being on TV here).  Everybody who followed football seemed to be obsessed with Beckaham, Giggs, et al and I guess it annoyed me enough to support their biggest rivals.  Oh and at the time I thought Michael Owen was a great player (the folly of youth).

Anyone thinking getting rid of De Gea would be a good idea on the back of a bad season by his immense standards needs their head examined, he’s arguably the best keeper in the world and you don’t start rebuilding a team by getting rid of players like him.

The problem has been recruitment, for example in 15/16 Utd spent £35 million on each of Schneiderlin and Depay whilst city were spending £70m on De Bryune and in that same season city spent £63m on sterling whilst Utd spent £60m on Martial.

16/17 city spent £95m on Stones and Sane combined and Utd spent that same sum on Pogba alone. Utd spent £37m on Mikhitarian and £34m on Baily and city signed Gundogan for only £24 m. Then more recently Utd have spent £50+m on Fred and Man City’s bought Bernardo Silva for £45m and he’s arguably their best player.

I could go on for much longer but you get the picture here.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Anyone thinking getting rid of De Gea would be a good idea on the back of a bad season by his immense standards needs their head examined, he’s arguably the best keeper in the world and you don’t start rebuilding a team by getting rid of players like him.

No he’s not, do you watch football outside the Premier League?

Also all of these gung ho types who say they would get rid of most the squad are equally deluded, the current squad will at least challenge for 4 th place so you need to take a slightly more pragmatic approach. They need a new right back as Ashley Young can’t go on playing there anymore, a new centre back and then some pace going forward out wide and maybe a new striker although I would still want to keep Lukaku as well. Pogba / Sanchez need a good talking to, if they want to stay and are focused on the job at hand and start performing for the team and good signings are made on the right positions then they won’t be a million miles away from Liverpool and city.

No he’s not, do you watch football outside the Premier League?

Even if you don’t think he’s in the top 5 keepers in the world doesn’t mean he’s been a tremendous keeper for Utd and has saved them from much further embarrassment in the last few seasons. He’s as good a keeper as they will get, flogging him would be madness.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Even if you don’t think he’s in the top 5 keepers in the world doesn’t mean he’s been a tremendous keeper for Utd and has saved them from much further embarrassment in the last few seasons. He’s as good a keeper as they will get, flogging him would be madness.

Tbf Atletico seem to lose top players a lot, Griezmann aside, so theyd probably be able to get Oblak if De Gea left.

Courtois would have to leave Real before De Gea left Man U aswell.

Oblak would arguably be an upgrade.

Edited by RandomGuy.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I used to think I liked United. Turns out it was just the trophies. Whats left there now playing in the same stadium is almost Sevco levels of imitation and it is definitely very funny.

I’m smelling a wee replica shirt or 2 in the loft here ... :D