PFA Scotland Awards

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Adam Hamill when he was at St. Mirren scored two goals from his own half. Even amongst the shortlist there was better goals than Morelos’. 

Every single goal Stephen Mallan scored this season was better than Morelos’ too. As were most of the goals on our own shortlist: 

If we are talking team goals, Slivka’s was twice as good and Horgan’s thrice. And that’s just one team in the league. 

Edited by Austinho

7 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Stevie Clarke’s award is very well deserved in my opinion. 

At this point he's certainly the leading candidate.

But it always baffles me why these awards are given out before the end the season. 

What if Levein wins the Scottish Cup, finally ending Celtics trophy run and getting the club into Europe at the same time whilst Kilmarnock drop down to 4th place after 38 games?

Edited by thepundit

Forrest for POTY is some laugh. Some form of understanding of that.

Kent is horrendous as YPOTY, Turnbull absolutely shites on him from every single variable you could dream of thinking up. Better player, more goals, more assist, better performances. 

Cant even remember the Morelos goal at all, which probably says it all. Oakleys goal at Pittodrie would scoosh the award in any other league.

Stunned no Kilmarnock player makes the TOTY.

Player of the Year:

James Forrest (Celtic)
Ryan Kent (Rangers)
Callum McGregor (Celtic)
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers

Young Player of the Year:

Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen)
Jake Hastie (Motherwell)
Ryan Kent (Rangers)
David Turnbull (Motherwell)

I know these things are voted for earlier in the season, but Jake Hastie getting nominated for playing 12 games is daft.
Ryan Kent shouldn't be nominated for the main award.

If players are just getting nominated for a good month or so, then Sam Cosgrove deserved a nomination for Young Player, but Greg Taylor, Kris Ajer, Kieran Tierney, Jason Kerr and Odsonne Edouard should have all been considered before Hastie.
The other three definitely deserve their noms.

Forrest, McGregor and Morelos have been the best players in the Premiership this season and any of them deserve PotY. Kent is bizarre though. I could name you players in the bottom six who've had a better season than him (Halkett, Turnbull, Kelly) and there are at least three players from Killie who've had a better season (Dicker, Power, Burke). In fact, I wouldn't say he's been in the top three players at Rangers this season.

/Rant

Anyway, what do you lot think?

No Martin Woods!?

Don't understand folk moaning about it all on here. Yes they will use tactics videos and highlights as a guide but it’s them who play the candidates that they will most likely base their decision on.

I don't agree with a lot of the choices but they are far more qualified than I am to pick them.

10 hours ago, Austinho said:

Every single goal Stephen Mallan scored this season was better than Morelos’ too. As were most of the goals on our own shortlist: 

If we are talking team goals, Slivka’s was twice as good and Horgan’s thrice. And that’s just one team in the league. 

Never mind goal of the season...it wasn't even the best goal scored at Pittodrie this season.

Even by the current Scottish standards, the PFA couldn't possibly have given the POTY title to Morelos due to his disciplinary record, without becoming a laughing stock.

TOTY & goal of the season were the only logical way they could reward Morelos  & appease the ibrox hoards at the same time.......

4 hours ago, thepundit said:

At this point he's certainly the leading candidate.

But it always baffles me why these awards are given out before the end the season. 

What if Levein wins the Scottish Cup, finally ending Celtics trophy run and getting the club into Europe at the same time whilst Kilmarnock drop down to 4th place after 38 games?

Are you implying that ending Celtics trophy wining run in isolation  deserves an award?

How well will you react they win ten in a row?

Dont answer as I think  we all know.

49 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Are you implying that ending Celtics trophy wining run in isolation  deserves an award?

It's not just ending Celtic's trophy winning run though is it? Hearts would be Scottish Cup winners and would also qualify for Europe. If that were to happen and Kilmarnock were to slip down to 4th after 38 games then I don't think Clarke would deserve the award more than Levein.

But I did mention these things in my comment that you've responded to so I'm not sure why you thought I was implying Levein would deserve the award simply for ending Celtic's trophy run.

I agree with thepundit here, manager of the year awards shouldn't be award until the season ends.

McInnes got in 2013/14. I'm sure theyd won the League Cup, in the Semis of the Scottish, and 2nd in the league when it was voted for and awarded.

By the end of the season his only achievement was a League Cup win on penalties. As they lost the Semi Final and finished 3rd, behind Motherwell, in the league.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I agree with thepundit here, manager of the year awards shouldn't be award until the season ends.

McInnes got in 2013/14. I'm sure theyd won the League Cup, in the Semis of the Scottish, and 2nd in the league when it was voted for and awarded.

By the end of the season his only achievement was a League Cup win on penalties. As they lost the Semi Final and finished 3rd, behind Motherwell, in the league.

Whilst you are right in theory, a lot of the players f**k off for their holidays immediately after their games are finished (if not the next morning) on the final day.

Are we beginning to see the source of your anger?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

E6BCF587-F3F3-48DD-B5BE-8ECB1BA8151A.gif