PFA Scotland Awards

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Team of the Year:
McGregor
Tavernier Boyata Ajer Halkett
McGregor Brown Shinnie
Forrest Morelos Kent

Wow, only the 9 of the 11 positions filled by Old Firm players.

Someone at PFA Scotland must be listening to the fans' complaints about the bias!

There are people/things/sevco fans genuinely greetin because of Sir Steve. "He didn't win anything" they cry, must be wanting it to go to Lennon who's on for a treble I take it. Fucking brain dead c***s
It would be pretty funny if they gave it Brendan.

Delighted for Halkett. The guy is the real deal.
I'm glad he got chosen. Was unsure whether he would due to playing for a smaller club, but completely deserved it. Only caveat is that he's in at left-back. I'd have him at CB ahead of Boyata - who has been good but only played 19 league games - and one of Lowe or Taylor at LB.

Fair enough, but I don't think you can give it to him when Neil's won them the league and got them to a Scottish cup final
Yeah I'm not saying he should win it. Just that it would be pretty funny if he did.

Yeah I'm not saying he should win it. Just that it would be pretty funny if he did.
I know, I'm just taking the piss at the idea that winning a trophy is all that matters, as if somebody is a better manager for winning something and taking nothing else in to account

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion etc but what a minter those awards are.

POTY James Forrest - fair enough.

YPOTY - Ryan Kent? Behave. Personally would have had Turnbull. Ferguson would also have been a shout. But Ryan Kent? No chance.

MOTY - Stevie Clarke - fair enough and well deserved.

TOTY - utter shambles. Boyata and Ajer have barely been first team regulars, Brown has been pretty meh as has Shinnie. Personally would have had:

McGregor, Tavernier, Halkett, Findlay, Lowe, McGregor, Turnbull, Power, Forrest, Ferguson, Cosgrove.

Morelos not in the team on account of the red cards, suspensions and generally just being a wee fanny.

GOTY - not sure, but it certainly wasnt Morelos v Aberdeen. Seem to remember someone from Hamilton (Oakley maybe?) scoring a cracker of a volley. 

Guest Moomintroll
Forrest player of the year
Kent young player of the year
Clarke manager of the year

IMG_5731.thumb.jpg.8529420ba838f292dbe34bffb025c4d1.jpg

Spot on with 1 as he has had a great season for club & country, 2 fair enough although Turnbull had an equally valid shout, 3 is obviously obvious.

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Halkett is bang average and I fully expect him to be chased out of Hearts. 

Knows how to get a greenie off me type post, tbh.

I expect the morsel of footballing ability that Craig Halkett actually possesses to have been squeezed out of him by Craig 'Total Football' Levein by about mid-October.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Player of the Year:
James Forrest

Reveal hidden contents

McGregor and Morelos have had better seasons than him but fair enough I suppose.

Young Player of the Year:
Ryan Kent

Reveal hidden contents

Ferguson and Turnbull have had better seasons than him but fair enough, I suppose.

Team of the Year:
McGregor
Tavernier Boyata Ajer Halkett
McGregor Brown Shinnie
Forrest Morelos Kent

Reveal hidden contents

Brown and Shinnie should be nowhere near that team. I wouldn't have Kent either, and Boyata's only played half of Celtic's games this season. Players are fucking idiots.

Manager of the Season:
Steve Clarke

Reveal hidden contents

Well deserved.

Goal of the Season:
Morelos v Aberdeen.

Reveal hidden contents

I give up.

Image result for like that's just your opinion man gif

28 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion etc but what a minter those awards are.

POTY James Forrest - fair enough.

YPOTY - Ryan Kent? Behave. Personally would have had Turnbull. Ferguson would also have been a shout. But Ryan Kent? No chance.

MOTY - Stevie Clarke - fair enough and well deserved.

You're a minter.

I do fear for Halkett joining the Jambo shitshow but I understand the move as he’s bound to be considered as a starter (at least at this point).  Given that he’s managed 7 league goals for us  this season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him reach double figures for Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

GOTY - not sure, but it certainly wasnt Morelos v Aberdeen. Seem to remember someone from Hamilton (Oakley maybe?) scoring a cracker of a volley. 

Adam Hamill when he was at St. Mirren scored two goals from his own half. Even amongst the shortlist there was better goals than Morelos’.