Ryan Kent (Rangers)
Callum McGregor (Celtic)
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers

Young Player of the Year:

Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen)
Jake Hastie (Motherwell)
Ryan Kent (Rangers)
David Turnbull (Motherwell)

I know these things are voted for earlier in the season, but Jake Hastie getting nominated for playing 12 games is daft.
Ryan Kent shouldn't be nominated for the main award.

If players are just getting nominated for a good month or so, then Sam Cosgrove deserved a nomination for Young Player, but Greg Taylor, Kris Ajer, Kieran Tierney, Jason Kerr and Odsonne Edouard should have all been considered before Hastie.
The other three definitely deserve their noms.

Forrest, McGregor and Morelos have been the best players in the Premiership this season and any of them deserve PotY. Kent is bizarre though. I could name you players in the bottom six who've had a better season than him (Halkett, Turnbull, Kelly) and there are at least three players from Killie who've had a better season (Dicker, Power, Burke). In fact, I wouldn't say he's been in the top three players at Rangers this season.

/Rant

Anyway, what do you lot think?

Do the top 4 come out of the votes cast by players?

Or is there a list of 4 names put together for each category by some 'experts', and players have to vote for one of the 4 on each list?

I’d have thought Edouard or Ajer would’ve been mention for YPOTY but as long as Scott Brown gets an award for running Scottish football then I’ll be happy, we’re winning too much as it is anyway.

Have they got the Manager of the Year nominations out yet?
No, but I'd guess that they'll be Clarke, Holt, Campbell + one more from the lower leagues. I tend to be wrong about absolutely everything though.
That they should stop asking players what they think, because they're clearly thick c***s.
A very, very good point.
Or is there a list of 4 names put together for each category by some 'experts', and players have to vote for one of the 4 on each list?
I'd love it to complain about a pro-OF agenda from some daft experts, but this is sadly wholly from the players.

Have they got the Manager of the Year nominations out yet?
No, but I'd guess that they'll be Clarke, Holt, Campbell + one more from the lower leagues. I tend to be wrong about absolutely everything though.
That they should stop asking players what they think, because they're clearly thick c***s.
A very, very good point.
I'd love it to complain about a pro-OF agenda from some daft experts, but this is sadly wholly from the players.

2 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

No Gary Dicker or Alan Power ?

Jesus wept :) 

PFA decided those who play on artificial surfaces aren't eligible for nomination  :thumsup2

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Edouard is a donkey 60% of the time and Ajer is coasting in the easiest job in the league.

2nd easiest...bain has the easiest.....probably played better when he was at Dundee but with shit infront of him conceded goals

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Players apparently vote, cant remember when but have a feeling its end of February time? Might be miles out with that, but he had 4 in 3 in that time.

Absolutely mental hes nominated though, he's literally only played against teams once. Only teams hes faced twice is Hamilton and Hibs. Simply cant believe the players have voted for him, there couldn't be enough of them to do so based on playing against him.

Cant even point to his loan spell of 1 goal in 19 for Alloa.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

I’d have thought Edouard or Ajer would’ve been mention for YPOTY but as long as Scott Brown gets an award for ruining Scottish football then I’ll be happy, we’re winning too much as it is anyway.

FTFY

I'd like to see Morelos winning the Award- if only for the seethe. 

Porteous might have been in with a shout for Young Player but he got injured. 

It's funny how a player can be nominated on the strength of one photo though, isn't it...

kent.jpg.a1c314f34cb9d0047bb6497e4e3454b4.jpg

19 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes, it's wholly from the players. I think the only restriction is that they can't vote for a teammate.

e.g. Callum McGregor said yesterday that he voted for Allan McGregor.

For Player of the Year/Season there should be a minimum threshold of games (>75%). Morelos must have the worst count for discipline points so think it's unlikely he would get it. I think Kelly has well over a dozen clean sheets, which is impressive for most teams not to mention a diddy club, and Halkett has also been outstanding.
Should rename it 'Player of Some Months in Final 3rd of pitch'.
The players choose it tbh. They won't care how many games they have played ect.

Morelos won't win it because I imagine he has pissed off a few fellow pros this season. He has been the best player in the league, feel dirty saying that 🤢.

Forrest had a really good patch, but is too inconsistent. McGregor is a classy player, plays better without Scott Brown in the team.

Player of the Year:
James Forrest

McGregor and Morelos have had better seasons than him but fair enough I suppose.

Young Player of the Year:
Ryan Kent

Ferguson and Turnbull have had better seasons than him but fair enough, I suppose.

Team of the Year:
McGregor
Tavernier Boyata Ajer Halkett
McGregor Brown Shinnie
Forrest Morelos Kent

Brown and Shinnie should be nowhere near that team. I wouldn't have Kent either, and Boyata's only played half of Celtic's games this season. Players are fucking idiots.

Manager of the Season:
Steve Clarke

Well deserved.

Goal of the Season:
Morelos v Aberdeen.

I give up.