Ryan Kent (Rangers)
Callum McGregor (Celtic)
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers

Young Player of the Year:

Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen)
Jake Hastie (Motherwell)
Ryan Kent (Rangers)
David Turnbull (Motherwell)

I know these things are voted for earlier in the season, but Jake Hastie getting nominated for playing 12 games is daft.
Ryan Kent shouldn't be nominated for the main award.

If players are just getting nominated for a good month or so, then Sam Cosgrove deserved a nomination for Young Player, but Greg Taylor, Kris Ajer, Kieran Tierney, Jason Kerr and Odsonne Edouard should have all been considered before Hastie.
The other three definitely deserve their noms.

Forrest, McGregor and Morelos have been the best players in the Premiership this season and any of them deserve PotY. Kent is bizarre though. I could name you players in the bottom six who've had a better season than him (Halkett, Turnbull, Kelly) and there are at least three players from Killie who've had a better season (Dicker, Power, Burke). In fact, I wouldn't say he's been in the top three players at Rangers this season.

/Rant

Anyway, what do you lot think?

That's the first time I have saw the main award.

Kent's name in there is a joke.

David Turnbull should easily walk away with the YPOTY.

ETA: Lol @ Hastie

Edited by Busta Nut

Ryan Kent is a bizarre one (for both awards).

For the Main one, I'd assume Forrest or Morelos.  I think the multiple red cards might just stop Alfredo from taking the award though.

YPOTY is between Ferguson & Turnbull for me.  Of course I hope Turnbull wins it, but Ferguson has had a great season as well.  He's been a mainstay in a side on course to finish 3rd, scored in Europe and a winner in a semi-final as well.  Tough one to call.

Hastie :lol:

Ferguson or Turnbull for me for young player. Kent is excellent to be fair but not a big fan of it going to loanees from outside of Scotland tbh.

Kent in the main award though :lol:

Forrest should win it IMO.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Absolute shitshow.

Greg Stewart would've been on that list if McInnes hadn't insisted on signing him and taking a sledgehammer to his confidence and footballing ability once again.  M6.png.6000699a8665d80094a5766e39317413.png

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Greg Stewart would've been on that list if McInnes hadn't insisted on signing him and taking a sledgehammer to his confidence and footballing ability once again.  M6.png.6000699a8665d80094a5766e39317413.png

Is McInnes responsible for his form at Birmingham as well?

Nobody put a gun to his head and made him sign for Aberdeen. He chose the move and has barely had a single game where he matched his earlier form. 

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

You, sir (or madam), are a blustering buffooon.

Good day to you.

Hastie getting in after 4 good games (definitely not because hes joining Rangers) while Jason Kerr gets ignored after a season of strolling games...

0999ed47d58209a0de932738da0e22f8.gif.43be9911a875dc863b88ddf2699c91ad.gif

I assume the way it works is that all the votes have already been counted and these are the top 4, at the time of the voting Hastie was hot. Presumably all the others mentioned finished 5th, 6th etc.

For Player of the Year/Season there should be a minimum threshold of games (>75%). Morelos must have the worst count for discipline points so think it's unlikely he would get it. I think Kelly has well over a dozen clean sheets, which is impressive for most teams not to mention a diddy club, and Halkett has also been outstanding.

Should rename it 'Player of Some Months in Final 3rd of pitch'.

5 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Good to see no St Johnstone players on the shortlist.  One day they'll get the message.

Aye, only shite diddy teams dont have players nominated...