The Binos v Edinburgh City

Well its the last game of the season 2018/2019 at Forthbank and to be honest its not been a good campaign for us , pre season it looked hopeful for us but once the season started it became clear that something was wrong, as it took us 5 games in before we got our first points off the season. Things did not improve much and the nail in the coffin for Dave MacKay was the dismal 3-0 defeat by Albion Rovers who were bottom of the League at that time. 

After KR was appointed we improved and it looked like we might just get into the playoffs but we hit a slump in form and it looks like 5th spot could be the best we can get this season. 

So we face an Edinburgh City side who surprised most people this season in that they have managed to get to the playoffs this season after only a couple of years on this League. 

Hopefully we can end the season on a high and beat a City side who if they lose and Annan win will drop to 4th spot in the League and will play the 9th team in League 1 in the playoffs. City have not been in great form the last few weeks and may field a weakened side for this game to keep fresh a number of first team regulars. 

Hope  we end this season on a high and look forward to a home win. 

Predict Binos 2 City 0     :thumsup2

I always like to end the season with a home tie and I think this has been the 3rd or 4th year on the trot where we have managed that, and aside from last seasons game against Stenhousemuir, this one has the same feel about it as others, very flat after a poor season.

I’ll be stunned if Edinburgh City play a full strength team, as they have 1 eye on the Play Offs, and KR’s record against them this far has been good, so I think we have a chance.

Hopefully the sun is out and we can sit back, relax and watch an enjoyable game of football, but I suspect it will be a 90 minute snooze fest with not a lot to get excited about.

Roll on next season.

Edinburgh City- stuttering recently, lots of injuries, ground they've never really had much success at and probably keen to avoid the form team in D2 in the play-offs if they don't manage to overhaul the League Leaders....

Of course it all points to a 5-0 away win...! 

It is unclear who will finish 9th in League 1 but to be fair it shouldn’t make too much difference to the 4th Place team.
Letting Annan finish 3rd to take on Clyde/Peterhead and knock one them out might be the smart move. No chance Edinburgh would come through two ties against Annan and Clyde/Peterhead.

On 01/05/2019 at 13:44, Emfaefifeyahoorsur said:

Word is some at Edinburgh City are keen to finish 4th so Stirling to win this one .

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City- stuttering recently, lots of injuries, ground they've never really had much success at and probably keen to avoid the form team in D2 in the play-offs if they don't manage to overhaul the League Leaders....

Of course it all points to a 5-0 away win...! 

1 hour ago, Ray Vaughn said:

It is unclear who will finish 9th in League 1 but to be fair it shouldn’t make too much difference to the 4th Place team.
Letting Annan finish 3rd to take on Clyde/Peterhead and knock one them out might be the smart move. No chance Edinburgh would come through two ties against Annan and Clyde/Peterhead.

Letting Annan finish 3rd?? Preposterous!! 

In any case, if this IS the mindset, then surely the best way of ensuring the most desired outcome is to play your *best* players as they'll have much more of a clue what they're doing. Fielding a 'weakened' side may see unexpected players come into form and really f**k those plans of yours up. 

I'm very glad none of this "letting" patter has come between us and QP. 

10 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Letting Annan finish 3rd?? Preposterous!! 

In any case, if this IS the mindset, then surely the best way of ensuring the most desired outcome is to play your *best* players as they'll have much more of a clue what they're doing. Fielding a 'weakened' side may see unexpected players come into form and really f**k those plans of yours up. 

I'm very glad none of this "letting" patter has come between us and QP. 

Spoken like a passionate fan rather than a shrewd manger.  Albion successfully applied these tactics a few seasons ago. This year end of season fatigue for Stirling. " Please sir can we bring bored games in tomorrow"  SA No1  swansong?  Stirling bench to give nearside linesman a wedgie.

20 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I would hope our best players will be enjoying a well earned day off tomorrow, resting up for Tuesday night.

Stirling are a decent team and might win regardless.

And that, Sir, is entirely your prerogative. You could then either face a deflated Brechin/Stenny, who've been playing must-win games (although not very succesfully, saying that) for over a month now; a relentless Clyde side in much the same boat as BC and Sten, but far more succesful at it, unless it's a deflated Peterhead, if they somehow cock it up (which of course i hope they do). Playing is far better than training, especially if teams are on winning/unbeaten streaks. We're now on 8, and 1 defeat in 25. 

Running feart. 

13 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

And that, Sir, is entirely your prerogative. You could then either face a deflated Brechin/Stenny, who've been playing must-win games (although not very succesfully, saying that) for over a month now; a relentless Clyde side in much the same boat as BC and Sten, but far more succesful at it, unless it's a deflated Peterhead, if they somehow cock it up (which of course i hope they do). Playing is far better than training, especially if teams are on winning/unbeaten streaks. We're now on 8, and 1 defeat in 25. 

Running feart. 

Clyde deserve to win the League on their form (and but for an admin error..) but given the team involved I wonder if Peterheid's opposition will "lie down" tomorrow... :whistle

Safe to say the end of season fayre that everyone expected came true. Edinburgh rested much of their squad and both teams on the park pretty much cancelled each other out.

The only 3 chances I remember were Darren Smith just before Half Time, Jordon McGregor clearing an effort off our goal line and Darren Smith missing a sitter without 10 minutes to go, but a draw was absolutely fair.

Well, it ends another disappointing season and although I think we’ve improved under KR, with the team finishing 19 points off 4th place, I think it’s safe to say that a lot of work needs to be done before next season.

I’m delighted with McGeachie & Jardine re-signing for next year, it’s a good start and hopefully 3 or 4 of the current squad join him, but I don’t think many can be to disappointed if they are told their services are no longer required.

As for Edinburgh, i think they have a lot of similarities to our team last season, good luck to them though, I just hope for their sake that their season doesn’t end like ours did last season.