Raith Rovers still have the opportunity to claim runner-up spot. With no better than fourth secure, Montrose have nothing to play for other than pride.

Off the back of a narrow defeat to Forfar, we don't have momentum to carry forward. It would be great to finish the league campaign with a win but not at the cost of diminishing our playoff hopes through injuries.

Interesting dilemma for SP. Definitely a plus to have the luxury of trying some different options ahead of the playoff games.

What a contrast to last season's nail-biter match!

How will super silky samba Rovers cope with the hatchet men cloggers of Montrose? All this on a terrible pitch. It would be good for us to get a bit of momentum going into the playoffs so I would try all out to get the win. SP has a habit of chopping and changing the team anyway, so I don't know if he'll 'rest' players

I notice we never played any players returning from injury in the Fife Cup last night. Therefore, I would imagine the likes of Duggan, Wedderburn, Murray and Gillespie will get 90 minutes under their belts on Saturday.

I would like to see some key players rested but it could be argued aside from Nisbet all our key players are either injured or returning from injury and needing minutes. 

The line up is anyone’s guess but you could really say the same for the play off against Forfar. I’ve mentioned it before but due to the disruption with injuries I have no idea what our first choice side is. I would say McGlynn’s first choice defence, rightly or wrongly, is Murray, Davo, Bene and Crane with Buchanan and Nisbet the choices upfront. However, the midfield is a bit of a lottery in terms of personnel and formation. 

Lyness

Watson Mckay Bene Crane

Matthews Barjonas Wedderburn

Duggan Gullan

Rest Nesbit, Gillespie and Murray.

Bring on Buchanan later on in the game. He was decent against Brechin but I’m not the biggest fan of him.

Playing Watson is properly a dodgy idea, but to me this game doesn’t mean much and he always used to get played under Smith so give him a shot to boost his confidence.

Also give Bowie more game time later on in the game, as he seems lively when coming off from the bench.

11 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Lyness

Watson Mckay Bene Crane

Matthews Barjonas Wedderburn

Duggan Gullan

Rest Nesbit, Gillespie and Murray.

Bring on Buchanan later on in the game. He was decent against Brechin but I’m not the biggest fan of him.

Playing Watson is properly a dodgy idea, but to me this game doesn’t mean much and he always used to get played under Smith so give him a shot to boost his confidence.

Also give Bowie more game time later on in the game, as he seems lively when coming off from the bench.

I'm all for resting players but I'd still rather we started with 11 players on the pitch....

Would be ludicrous to rest Nisbet going for the tartan boot and firing on all cylinders, just our luck he'll get injured though going in for a 50/50 in the 94th minute with the game already seen out.

Would be ludicrous to rest Nisbet going for the tartan boot and firing on all cylinders, just our luck he'll get injured though going in for a 50/50 in the 94th minute with the game already seen out.

We can sub him after he’s got his hat trick in the 65th min.

19 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

We'll be resting  a few players tomorrow.
Bigger fish to fry on Tuesday.

Do Mo fans have any preferences for who they want in that 9th spot at FT on Saturday?

Do Mo fans have any preferences for who they want in that 9th spot at FT on Saturday?
Whoever it is going to be a tough task,id prefer Alloa if I'm honest.

1 minute ago, mo83 said:
3 minutes ago, renton said:

Whoever it is going to be a tough task,id prefer Alloa if I'm honest.

Have to admit Alloa would be the ones i'd want least and not just because of Rovers recent history with them. I think for me they've obviously had 9th as a possibility from the start of the season, have not been trying and failing to play expansive football like some around them and probably the team least likely to be on the mat, in their heads if they did finish 9th.

If we went up then I'd rather Alloa were there. Another 2 part time teams in the league would help us avoid doing a Brechin.

Having said that QotS can be done by train on the Saturday but it's a long day. So The Jags would be grand for me. Falkirk can't see them getting anything on Saturday.

It's going to be Alloa i think anyway. Easy enough away day.