Elgin v Berwick

Maybe we could ask the players to write down who they'd select, stick it in a plain envelope and hand it in at training tomorrow, like Partick Thistle have done for their relegation decider. The results couldn't be any worse than the team JH selected for last Saturday's game against Albion.

(Full story over on the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48120968 )

7 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Our chance to finish 7th and a few extra Quid in the bank. Doubt the players will see it like that though!

Would imagine that they'd see it as the last opportunity for a few extra quid in the shape of a win bonus if nothing else

2 hours ago, Alpha Gordini said:

Maybe we could ask the players to write down who they'd select, stick it in a plain envelope and hand it in at training tomorrow, like Partick Thistle have done for their relegation decider. The results couldn't be any worse than the team JH selected for last Saturday's game against Albion.

(Full story over on the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48120968 )

Should do that for the play off games increase you chances on staying up.

20 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Was looking forward to us finally breaking our awful run of results until this morning emoji849.png

I’ll settle for you breaking your awful run on Saturday if this means we break ours in the two play off matches. 

Hmmmm... A team on it’s arse desperate for a positive result to change their fortunes around - we’ve seen this way to many times before this season! Seriously, Borough Briggs has been like the fecking Priory for struggling teams this season. Come with internal struggles and no hope, leave having exorcised the demons and positive about the future! We should win this, we really should against a team at rock bottom but I’m still going more in hopes of a positive finish than with any real conviction of a win. Really want Berwick to survive despite the travelling distance but hoping for a win to end an abject finish to the season. 3-1 -please some hope for the closed season!!!

Would agree with enclosureview. Good to end on a positive note and good crowd.

Would like to hear the managers take on why he started with Morrison and Lowdon at full back when both will not be at the club next year? Morrison had a decent enough game that said. If I was young Wilson I would be pissed off!

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Would like to hear the managers take on why he started with Morrison and Lowdon at full back when both will not be at the club next year? Morrison had a decent enough game that said. If I was young Wilson I would be pissed off!

so true

13 hours ago, enclosureview said:

Berwick looked the better team for a good spell in 1st half but Elgin dominated the 2nd half and deserved the win.

Can't argue with that summary, Berwick looked like they had defenders playing up front- not really sure what to do once in Elgin's box , plenty of endeavour but no cutting edge at all. Difficult to see where a goal will come from against Cove. 

23 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

1 point in the last 7 games before Saturday. I think Price was probably trying to ensure that he is at the club next year tbf. Nice to finish the season with a positive but it’s going to need a very productive summer if we’re not going to struggle again next year.