Independence Marches - 2019

Colkitto

Don't worry, chum.  The secessionist and ballkanisers love to label folk.  This is why you were queried about your Scottish credentials.  I have even been called a bigot on here so it's part of being outside of their pathetic cult.
Fair enough. Your sooking up now though, I got a frisson of passive aggression in your query before you got the full context. I think they may have called you a bigot on numerous occasions.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Don't worry, chum.  The secessionist and ballkanisers love to label folk.  This is why you were queried about your Scottish credentials.  I have even been called a bigot on here so it's part of being outside of their pathetic cult.

Indeed they do. The British secessionists (I don’t know what a Ballkaniser is, unless it’s just a word an old alkie mistyped after a night at the lodge) are notorious in Europe for it: “Eurocrats”; “remoaners”; “traitors”; “saboteurs”. 

Their pathetic cult has been ramped up though, with promises of blue passports to signal their faith, and one of their number (the holocaust denier who waves a flag in Glasgow) is even calling for the divine royals to be forced to produce children in each British nation so that the faithful will have individual demigods to worship. All very creepy - but that’s what being a loyalist brainwashed into rejecting your own country’s independence in favour of it belonging to another country engenders.

Edited by Antlion

Indeed they do. The British secessionists (I don’t know what a Ballkaniser is, unless it’s just a word an old alkie mistyped after a night at the lodge) are notorious in Europe for it: “Eurocrats”; “remoaners”; “traitors”; “saboteurs”. 
Their pathetic cult has been ramped up though, with promises of blue passports to signal their faith, and one of their number (the holocaust denier who waves a flag in Glasgow) is even calling for the divine royals to be forced to produce children in each British nation so that the faithful will have individual demigods to worship. All very creepy - but that’s what being a loyalist brainwashed into rejecting your own country’s independence in favour of it belonging to another country engenders.
Apart from that it's fine though ?

21 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Is Scotland independent this morning?

No?

So the march for an utter waste of time then, only serving to irritate folk trying to go about their daily business. 

As as you were. 

As some people on here might have noticed I am not a Scottish nationalist, but marches seve a purpose and if you believe in the right to protest and change then you must respect people's right to March. Many changes in history have been brought about by protests and marches. The day we stop that then you may as well make May or Sturgeon our life time dictator.

I respect people’s right to march and the right to protest, assuming the latter is done peacefully where appropriate. Seems it was a very good turnout yesterday and those involved were well behaved, so fair play to those them. 

However, ultimately it achieved nothing. Those marching were in favour of independence before the march and will still be so today. I very much doubt anyone looked  out their window, saw the march, and thought “well that’s changed my mind”. 

Each to their own and all that, but a waste of time IMO. 

2 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

I respect people’s right to march and the right to protest, assuming the latter is done peacefully where appropriate. Seems it was a very good turnout yesterday and those involved were well behaved, so fair play to those them. 

However, ultimately it achieved nothing. Those marching were in favour of independence before the march and will still be so today. I very much doubt anyone looked  out their window, saw the march, and thought “well that’s changed my mind”. 

Each to their own and all that, but a waste of time IMO. 

I must disagree. There is a strong swell for independence and they are keeping it on the burner by these protests and marches. If they just decided to sit in the house or go for some recreational pleasure then the message would start to be lost. And Westminster would love nothing more. Did you expect this march to produce a proclamation from Westminster that independence ref 2 would be granted? People will be changing minds through the likes of these events.

I must disagree. There is a strong swell for independence and they are keeping it on the burner by these protests and marches. If they just decided to sit in the house or go for some recreational pleasure then the message would start to be lost. And Westminster would love nothing more. Did you expect this march to produce a proclamation from Westminster that independence ref 2 would be granted? People will be changing minds through the likes of these events.
Wow wow wow, a sensible post!!!

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
47 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Wow wow wow, a sensible post!!!

Mark the calendar on it. Not many of these posts going about. Lol

44 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

To answer your question: of course not. 

I take your point re keeping independence on the burner, However I doubt people will be changing their minds because of marches. Heaven help us if that’s the case. 

3 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

To answer your question: of course not. 

I take your point re keeping independence on the burner, However I doubt people will be changing their minds because of marches. Heaven help us if that’s the case. 

It's a culmination of events. Marches, protests, Holyrood and of course, Brexit. They are all having a part to play in the bigger debate. And yes, minds will be swayed.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

16 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17619592.snp-declares-war-on-cybernats/?ref=ebln

Relevant story - they're not naming him but they're aiming this at Wings and his lot.

Lol no it's not.  Two of the three mentioned follow WOS.  You're an idiot.  Every SNP MP and MSP (and virtually all opposition ones and all Scottish political jouralists) reads wings regularly. 

It's just a fact he does the best journalism on Scottish politics by miles.  Concern trolls like you who dismiss his work because you wrongly think he's a transphobe are absolute wallopers.

Edited by Kuro