Independence Marches - 2019

Colkitto

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

To answer your question: of course not. 

I take your point re keeping independence on the burner, However I doubt people will be changing their minds because of marches. Heaven help us if that’s the case. 

I don't know, a few folk who were just out shopping were deciding to join in as it passed the city centre. The general public seemed quite sympathetic to the march. 

My only gripe is the crap at Glasgow Green. I'd end it at George Square. 

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This bit seems pretty clear where it's directed.

https://twitter.com/heraldscotland/status/1124916634613739520

WoS takes the national average wage from his donations and not a penny more.  If they're looking for people monetizing the yes movement they.might want to look at people like Kirsten Oswald first.

Edited by Kuro

5 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

I respect people’s right to march and the right to protest, assuming the latter is done peacefully where appropriate. Seems it was a very good turnout yesterday and those involved were well behaved, so fair play to those them. 

However, ultimately it achieved nothing. Those marching were in favour of independence before the march and will still be so today. I very much doubt anyone looked  out their window, saw the march, and thought “well that’s changed my mind”. 

Each to their own and all that, but a waste of time IMO. 

It gets people talking about it, I suppose. I was talking about it to my GF and her flatmates as the march went past their flat. Two of them are English and one is Greek though, so maybe I should be trying to disenfranchise them instead given their natural disposition to opposing indy.

6 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

I respect people’s right to march and the right to protest, assuming the latter is done peacefully where appropriate. Seems it was a very good turnout yesterday and those involved were well behaved, so fair play to those them. 

However, ultimately it achieved nothing. Those marching were in favour of independence before the march and will still be so today. I very much doubt anyone looked  out their window, saw the march, and thought “well that’s changed my mind”. 

Each to their own and all that, but a waste of time IMO. 

It got your attention?

But you missed the point.

The marches are titled, 'All Under One Banner', and are organised so that we can show our solidarity throughout Scotland.

They are not canvassing or political rallies as they encompass many thousands who will have different political views. 

Good wee day out. Not a flag-waver, kilt-wearer or any that kind of stuff but wanted to show solidarity with the independence movement. Was nice to get a few drinks on the way home and meet and chat with others on the march.

Lucky if there was 20 of the Britnats at George Square. Just smile and wave, boys, just smile and wave...

Also, the guys riding the bike with the massive unicorn and speakers attached to it was simply loveleh to see. 

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Lovely Yoon pensioner spots Indy folk in Rangers gear.  

Pretty sure that was her that gave me the Vickies after blowing them kisses and waving. I'm brain-dead, apparently :lol: