Independence Marches - 2019

Colkitto

These all being fringe figures, 2 of whom were vocally disowned by yes in 2014, and nobody listens to Jim now after he campaigned for leave.

The problem No has is mainstream figures who should have known better were too pally with to the bone racists. If you have examples of that from the Yes side, post them here. I can't think of any.
No. Most were kept at arms length to be fair.

On 30/04/2019 at 21:46, The_Kincardine said:

Do we really have to tolerate these c***s holding up traffic, disrupting the city centre and making life difficult for folk?

Make them walk about a muddy field for an hour if they think their point is so serious.  Why should we indulge these incels and and squander valuable police resources?

Plus their 'choons' are bound to be shite.

I actually jos'd in real life reading this

Fat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat CuntFat Cunt

4 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
5 hours ago, Kuro said:
It doesn't say that but that's how it will be spun, these people are very stupid and the independence campaign should have nothing to do with them.

They are the image of independence that absolutely resonates with me funnily enough.

Well your head is full of bigotry, so it's hardly surprising tbh.

Just now, Loondave1 said:
2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:
Well your head is full of bigotry, so it's hardly surprising tbh.

Aye that Kuro what's he like..

Bigots generally lack the self awareness.

22 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
23 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:
Bigots generally lack the self awareness.

Ok I will bite. What bigotry of mine do you speak of. Some examples of your research.

You're absolutely fine Loondave - not a bigoted bone in your body, just a shame that you're anti Nicola Sturgeon,  anti SNP and vehemently anti Independence.

You're absolutely fine Loondave - not a bigoted bone in your body, just a shame that you're anti Nicola Sturgeon,  anti SNP and vehemently anti Independence.
I really do not base that on bigotry. Unconscious bias might play a part but I can't be expected to realise that..
People may disagree with my views but when they rage about "bigotry" they are barking up the wrong tree.

10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That's just a different political opinion. You should know what bigotry means down where you live.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I really do not base that on bigotry. Unconscious bias might play a part but I can't be expected to realise that..
People may disagree with my views but when they rage about "bigotry" they are barking up the wrong tree.

I accept that you're not bigoted.

I do sometimes wonder all the same how you've arrived at the views and the conclusions you've formed.

Would it be out of order for me to ask if you are Scottish born and bred?

I accept that you're not bigoted.
I do sometimes wonder all the same how you've arrived at the views and the conclusions you've formed.
Would it be out of order for me to ask if you are Scottish born and bred?

Yup. Born Forfar lived in Dundee Leith and Musselburgh. Parents jute/polypropylene weaver/machinists and grandfather was a ploughman up Laggan, Kingussie, Alness way.

March went past our flat in Woodlands a couple of hours ago. Took about a half hour to eventually subside so fair play it must be an alright turnout. Enjoyed some of the home-designed flags.

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's just a different political opinion. You should know what bigotry means down where you live.

Thanks for editing that - it make a little more sense now!

I have developed a good understanding of what bigotry means since coming to live in N.W England. Always when you hear someone start a sentence with :    "I'm not racist but....... "    You just know a bigoted or racist comment is about to follow.

You do hear that one uttered fairly frequently. Another one I seem to hear quite often is :  " I don't like him as a person" 

I don't even know what that means.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

13 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

BBC reporting 30-35k which does seem small. Not that it matters though.

The police figure. The organisers say over 100,000. Who knows? The London public vote march was called a million, a firm of "experts" called it around 300,000. Until everyone's got a chip in their head and has to say if they're on the march or shopping the BBC will always get it wrong.

8 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

I still think the sectarian based unionism is largely regional stuff. My life has been thankfully free of it.

No idea what, "sectarian based unionism" is.  Is this a phrase you just made up?

No idea what, "sectarian based unionism" is.  Is this a phrase you just made up?
I occasionally get accused of bigotry being the cause of my scepticism about Indy. I presume it's some sort of "sectarian" bigotry the accusers are implying fuels my support of the Union. It's incorrect and the phrase "sectarian based Unionism" was as close as I could get to what I believe was being implied. So yes I probably did make it up.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The police figure. The organisers say over 100,000. Who knows? The London public vote march was called a million, a firm of "experts" called it around 300,000. Until everyone's got a chip in their head and has to say if they're on the march or shopping the BBC will always get it wrong.

Fact is that if it is one or one million marched is neither her nor there.

As Mao Zedong said a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

We are as one.

7 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I occasionally get accused of bigotry being the cause of my scepticism about Indy. I presume it's some sort of "sectarian" bigotry the accusers are implying fuels my support of the Union. It's incorrect and the phrase "sectarian based Unionism" was as close as I could get to what I believe was being implied. So yes I probably did make it up.

Don't worry, chum.  The secessionist and ballkanisers love to label folk.  This is why you were queried about your Scottish credentials.  I have even been called a bigot on here so it's part of being outside of their pathetic cult.