Independence Marches - 2019

Colkitto

I really enjoyed the march, great friendly atmosphere. People of all ages and backgrounds.

Had a laugh passing the Union flag waving morons who were desperate for a reaction to their provocation. Everyone just laughed at them as we marched by.

I'm a big fan of these marches but understand many Yes supporters are not - which is fine. Can't stand the sniping from those who don't like them.

Simple rule if you like them go along if you don't stay away and do something different 

The AOUB organiser breached the terms of the march arrangements and is rightly pulled up for it. Cue an embarrassing statement full of drivel about oppression and establishment interference.

Tommy Sheridan, Wings over Scotland and now this guy. Is there any Nat that isn’t a wee persecuted victim?

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

The AOUB organiser breached the terms of the march arrangements and is rightly pulled up for it. Cue an embarrassing statement full of drivel about oppression and establishment interference.

Tommy Sheridan, Wings over Scotland and now this guy. Is there any Nat that isn’t a wee persecuted victim?

There is no law that states that a large group of people can't gather somewhere. Police can "advise" people to gather elsewhere, but they can't force individuals not to turn up in a public place, regardless of the volume of those individuals.

There is no law that states that a large group of people can't gather somewhere. Police can "advise" people to gather elsewhere, but they can't force individuals not to turn up in a public place, regardless of the volume of those individuals.
The "I can march where I want even if it's not allowed" patter combined with the "flegs" seems somehow familiar ? Just can't place it..

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

It was an organised march with certain conditions attached and given Council approval. This meant that the march had to be policed and certain roads closed off to facilitate the march and an approval was given for it to be started at a certain time.  This has obviously been breached and at a cost to the public post

My understanding is that last week some persons within GCC demanded the start time moved forward by 2 and a half hours.

There was no request from the police.

Hopefully if the matter proceeds to court we will find out the reasonings for the demand.

Imo..... it was clearly an impractical order to comply with. With tens of thousands of people descending on the city centre, last minute time changes may well have been ignored regardless and likely have caused lots of confusion.  Not good when it involves such a big crowd. It placed the organisers in an impossible situation.

6 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

My understanding is that last week some persons within GCC demanded the start time moved forward by 2 and a half hours.

There was no request from the police.

Hopefully if the matter proceeds to court we will find out the reasonings for the demand.

Imo..... it was clearly an impractical order to comply with. With tens of thousands of people descending on the city centre, last minute time changes may well have been ignored regardless and likely have caused lots of confusion.  Not good when it involves such a big crowd. It placed the organisers in an impossible situation.

They were told days before, on the advice given to GCC from the police and fire service. Whether or not the advice was right, they ignored it and kept broadcasting the 1.30 start time. They even pretended that they'd made a deal, which they hadn't, only that the police agreed to still police it.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They were told days before, on the advice given to GCC from the police and fire service. Whether or not the advice was right, they ignored it and kept broadcasting the 1.30 start time. 

Strange, I thought that no police request had been made.

Still given the council etc have had the plans including the start time since last year, you would think a bit of foresight could have been used.

25 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Strange, I thought that no police request had been made.

Still given the council etc have had the plans including the start time since last year, you would think a bit of foresight could have been used.

Can't read this because of the paywall, but it seems the organisers had plenty warning, and ignored it. 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17594739.auob-to-defy-glasgow-city-council-independence-march-orders/

Edited by welshbairn

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't read this because of the paywall, but it seems the organisers had plenty warning, and ignored it. 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17594739.auob-to-defy-glasgow-city-council-independence-march-orders/

The council have had the detailed plans for many months.

To ask for that kind of major change 10 days before such a big event is idiotic.

It's a total cluster from the GCC and the charge will likely be laughed out of court.....if it gets past the fiscal.

The council have had the detailed plans for many months.

To ask for that kind of major change 10 days before such a big event is idiotic.

It's a total cluster from the GCC and the charge will likely be laughed out of court.....if it gets past the fiscal.

I’d agree it’s a waste of time progressing it through the courts. However the fact the AUOB organiser is portraying himself as some sort of persecuted, oppressed wee Nationalist is cringeworthy, when he has failed to meet the march conditions and is in the wrong. Embarrassing stuff.

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

I’d agree it’s a waste of time progressing it through the courts. However the fact the AUOB organiser is portraying himself as some sort of persecuted, oppressed wee Nationalist is cringeworthy, when he has failed to meet the march conditions and is in the wrong. Embarrassing stuff.

What conditions did the cute wee unionist rebellion act meet? Seemed like the 30 or so who turned up required the vast bulk of the police presence. Ljsl9nQ.png

Edited by BawWatchin

On 5/7/2019 at 22:49, BawWatchin said:

What conditions did the cute wee unionist rebellion act meet? Seemed like the 30 or so who turned up required the vast bulk of the police presence. Ljsl9nQ.png

I didn't make this march but on previous marches I've noticed as we happily past this little band of unionists they are absolutely roaring out of their minds with hysterical childish drivel, makes you wonder if they are somewhat deranged?

The fact that we ignore them as we pass seems to send them into a crazed frenzy.

Man's inhumanity to man springs to mind and it reminds me of old newsreels showing Nazis screaming at Jews in pre war Berlin. 

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I didn't make this march but on previous marches I've noticed as we happily past this little band of unionists they are absolutely roaring out of their minds with hysterical childish drivel, makes you wonder if they are somewhat deranged?

The fact that we ignore them as we pass seems to send them into a crazed frenzy.

Man's inhumanity to man springs to mind and it reminds me of old newsreels showing Nazis screaming at Jews in pre war Berlin. 

And the prize for most over the top nonsense comparing Unionists with Nazis. And I'm no fan of the Union.

11 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

And the prize for most over the top nonsense comparing Unionists with Nazis. And I'm no fan of the Union.

My reference to Nazi's is confined to the same band of crazed people that turn up at every march, not to unionists as a whole.

You have to experience and witness the hysteria to understand where I'm coming from.

Bear in mind that on these marches there are a large number of children in our midst, what I do before we pass the mob is to usher the kids to the outside of the  march away from the hysterical swearing and abuse.