Stranraer v Airdrie

Thankfully this is an absolute dead rubber for the blues as we are decimated with injuries etc,the bench will probably be full of kids from the South of Scotland League,if not we will have 2 on the bench,a Keeper and one other.Midfielder Kyle Turner is suspended,Jao Victoria can't play and 4 or 5 first team squad are injured.The small squad now coming home to roost.But we finish 8th no matter what happens on Saturday,so basically apart from beating Airdrie for the first time this season and good to go out on a win cliche that's it for Stranraer.We continue to punch above our weight and with budget restraints it will continue for the foreseeable future,but have every faith in our Manager to keep us in League one for that future.

This will be the first time in 5 weeks I've not successfully bet on a Stranraer game.
As mentioned above, an absolute dead rubber of a game which will probably be reflected in the crowd unfortunately.
Once again, Stranraer consolidate in the league whilst again under severe budget restraints, which is to be applauded.
3-0 either way wouldn't surprise me, nor would a 0-0 or a 4-4.
I reckon Murray will give the young team another outing, and hopefully young Hawkshaw builds on his promising start to his Airdrie career.
I'd equally hope the young lad Barrowman from the reserves makes an appearance to "test the water".
Either way I won't lose too much sleep if we get beat, or won't be too excited if we win.

I will be there to complete my views on Stranraer this season. We were the better team on the last visit, and it seems we have the kind of hex over Stranraer that Stenny have over us. Glad to see you have so many missing as I suspect this dead rubber might have bitten us.  As said you have done well to keep in L1 on those attendances. I think we might have had the lowest average attendance  since 2003 ,this season. Just below 600 last week and grumbling about season ticket renewals from guys I regard as lifetime fans. A bright attacking game could see a good win for us but my predictions are keek.  Hope the rain is much less than it was on the most recent trip.

As others have said would be good for some of the younger boys/reserve players to get a game. Hawkshaw has impressed in recent weeks so I'm sure he'll feature. I'm not sure if any of the other younger guys are still out on loan but would be nice to see guys like Leighton, Thomson, Truesdale and Barrowman feature if not and they are available. 

It was indeed a good attacking performance from Airdrie and a top notch all round game from Leighton McIntosh. Yes it was not the usual Stranraer CBs but he got a true hat trick-left  shot/right and a header. He might well have had four but I can't fault his game today. The first ten minutes was all Airdrie and the first goal came from a good long ball where he outpaced the CH and scored from a tight angle. After that Stranraer did have several good attacks down our right as we played with a narrow back 3. One great cross was just needing a touch but it never came. Glass then had a quality run/dribble and just when I though he'd overdone he lashed it past Currie.  That spell of good attacking football involving all the players produced a third goal  again by Leighton.  Stranraer looked a wee bit shocked and a fast spell of pressure produced a headed goal (from a corner!) for his hat trick. I went out into the terrace sunshine in the second half and it was largely a game given over to counter attacks as Stranraer came back into it. They got a very similar headed goal from the big guy up front( Cameron?) . The corner kicks were dangerous but we finished any threat by keeping the ball. How we have gone from taking maximum points from Stranraer and yet lost 15 points to the bottom two remains a puzzle. Someone said we were fourth when Murray took over and we have finished fifth with a plus goal difference and a solid defence but it's all so frustrating. Plaudits to Keiran Millar also to day and whoever remains next season deserves our support  ( apart from Conroy?) . Only two outfield subs today (Duffy/Campbell)  which suggest many of our young guys are being released?  For Stranraer there was lots of good effort from their young guys  and safety again. Down go the worst team in L1 and should Stenny face up to Clyde I think it could be tight.

A game which meant absolutely nothing to Stranraer and it showed.Human nature I suppose to down tools after the job is done.No offence to Airdrie but they couldn't have hand picked a better last 2 games ie Arbroath speculating for next season and Stranraer with 6 or 7 out and on the beach just wanting the season to end.We played 3 kids from our South of Scotland reserves and they all showed good confidence,the boy McColm with a nice shot and turn well saved by the diamonds keeper. Not a game which live long in the memory box.

A game which meant absolutely nothing to Stranraer and it showed.Human nature I suppose to down tools after the job is done.No offence to Airdrie but they couldn't have hand picked a better last 2 games ie Arbroath speculating for next season and Stranraer with 6 or 7 out and on the beach just wanting the season to end.We played 3 kids from our South of Scotland reserves and they all showed good confidence,the boy McColm with a nice shot and turn well saved by the diamonds keeper. Not a game which live long in the memory box.

To be fair it meant nothing to Airdrie too, but they didn’t down tools and went out and won it