When will Ayr vs. ICT QF dates be announced?

49 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If it's BT it'll be 7:45 kick off but if it's BBC it'll be 7:05, wouldn't be surprised if the BBC took the quarter final game if they're allowed to.

Won't be on TV IMO. 

There is obviously a reason that the games could be either date, tell us the circumstances and we can plan accordingly even without a concrete date. 

Don't understand this regular attitude in Scotland, it's the same with cup replays, they can often be days later but not announced by clubs until full time. 

This happened last year as well, and it really nipped me at the time. It was either the Tuesday or Wednesday before the last set of league fixtures that the dates were finally announced. It didn't seem to be influenced by the teams involved either, as 4th place wasn't decided until the last day - it could have gone to either ourselves or Inverness.

I think it's very poor, and seems to be spreading to the other play-offs as well. It used to be that the play-offs between this league and the one below had fixed dates of Wed-Sat-Wed-Sun, but these dates don't yet seem to be fixed either. I'd find it annoying for a run of the mill league game, but for important games like these that I'd definitely want to rearrange things around to make sure I could go to them all, it just dones't seem at all reasonable.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

There is obviously a reason that the games could be either date, tell us the circumstances and we can plan accordingly even without a concrete date. 

Don't understand this regular attitude in Scotland, it's the same with cup replays, they can often be days later but not announced by clubs until full time. 

The SFA always announce potential replay (and rearranged tie) dates on their website before the original games are played.

21 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

First leg Tuesday if Ayr finish 4th, Wednesday if not. Second leg Saturday.

Maybe I am missing something obvious but what is the reason for that?

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Saved me from saying it.

Not only are they on the website, it’s usually days in advance of the match.

Dates are also in the match day programme unless you support a total diddy side.

I usually check both clubs websites as I am interested in the match previews.  I think I've seen it once in one.  I definitely shouldn't have to go hunting around the SFA website or having to spend money to find it out. 

30 minutes ago, RiG said:

Maybe I am missing something obvious but what is the reason for that?

Clubs often have a preference of day for midweek games. Jim McIntyre used to prefer to choose Tuesdays when he was Pars manager because he had family commitments on a Wednesday night.

Could be another specific reason though.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The SFA always announce potential replay (and rearranged tie) dates on their website before the original games are played.

I've definitely been told this before, but retaining this information outwith the couple months Ayr are in the competition is beyond me.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I usually check both clubs websites as I am interested in the match previews.  I think I've seen it once in one.  I definitely shouldn't have to go hunting around the SFA website or having to spend money to find it out. 

My mate gets them sent to his email so I'll forward it to you next time *** x

3 hours ago, Socks said:

This happened last year as well, and it really nipped me at the time. It was either the Tuesday or Wednesday before the last set of league fixtures that the dates were finally announced. It didn't seem to be influenced by the teams involved either, as 4th place wasn't decided until the last day - it could have gone to either ourselves or Inverness.

I think it's very poor, and seems to be spreading to the other play-offs as well. It used to be that the play-offs between this league and the one below had fixed dates of Wed-Sat-Wed-Sun, but these dates don't yet seem to be fixed either. I'd find it annoying for a run of the mill league game, but for important games like these that I'd definitely want to rearrange things around to make sure I could go to them all, it just dones't seem at all reasonable.

I agree with this but my pedantry forces me to point out that we confirmed 4th on the second last week of the season with the draw in Inverness. The last league game saw us pump Dumbarton 4-0 at East End.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I agree with this but my pedantry forces me to point out that we confirmed 4th on the second last week of the season with the draw in Inverness. The last league game saw us pump Dumbarton 4-0 at East End.

It appears that your memory does not match your pedantry! We didn't confirm 4th at Inverness - we still needed at least a point against Dumbarton on the last day. Check the final table - we only finished 2 points ahead of Inverness.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/championship/archive/265

2 minutes ago, Socks said:

It appears that your memory does not match your pedantry! We didn't confirm 4th at Inverness - we still needed at least a point against Dumbarton on the last day. Check the final table - we only finished 2 points ahead of Inverness.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/championship/archive/265

Apologies! You are indeed correct. I was forgetting that after that game Inverness still had a game in hand!