When will Ayr vs. ICT QF dates be announced?

See that Dundee United have already announced the Semi Final dates.... How can they know that yet the QF is next week and fans are still in the dark!?

Not that the SPFL give a shit, but in case they hadn’t noticed: Ayr and Inverness are not exactly 5 minutes away from each other. The first leg is going to obviously be midweek so most fans are going to have to put in a day’s annual leave to either travel to Ayr from Inverness or Inverness from Ayr,  so a bit of bloody notice wouldn’t go amiss!

Shambles, as per.

See that Dundee United have already announced the Semi Final dates.... How can they know that yet the QF is next week and fans are still in the dark!?
Not that the SPFL give a shit, but in case they hadn’t noticed: Ayr and Inverness are not exactly 5 minutes away from each other. The first leg is going to obviously be midweek so most fans are going to have to put in a day’s annual leave to either travel to Ayr from Inverness or Inverness from Ayr,  so a bit of bloody notice wouldn’t go amiss!
Shambles, as per.
We'll probably find out today or tomorrow. Although wouldn't put it past them to wait until Monday

Just now, jagsfan57 said:

I think the issue is probably because you don’t know yet who will be 3rd and who will be 4th ?

I had briefly considered that as the reason but dismissed it straight away because I can’t think of a reason why that would make any difference whatsoever?

I had briefly considered that as the reason but dismissed it straight away because I can’t think of a reason why that would make any difference whatsoever?
Does the midweek home team perhaps have the shout as to whether the game is played on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Guys, the authorities, as always, don't give a single fck about supporters, unless it is to schedule a Celtic/The Rangers game to ensure the league isn't won by one, upsetting the other lot. The SPFL  changed the dates of the winners of your tie v Dundee United just last week, having had different dates on their official site for around a year. 

Guys, the authorities, as always, don't give a single fck about supporters, unless it is to schedule a Celtic/The Rangers game to ensure the league isn't won by one, upsetting the other lot. The SPFL  changed the dates of the winners of your tie v Dundee United just last week, having had different dates on their official site for around a year. 
The SPFL website says fixture dates subject to change and TV selection.

14 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Are the mid-wk play-off games going to be that farcical 7.05ko to accommodate TV? Its bad enough the wknd games are likely to be odd times which we have grown to expect.

I was wondering the same but if it mirrors last year then no one will pick up Ayr v ICT and then BT will take the winner of that game against United and then the "Final". Midweek games last year were all 7:45 kick offs.

4 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

Shambles, as per.

What people continually forget is that the SPFL and SFA are Member Organisations.  So, its not the institutions who don't give a shit, it's the individual clubs collectively.

14 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

What people continually forget is that the SPFL and SFA are Member Organisations.  So, its not the institutions who don't give a shit, it's the individual clubs collectively.

Doubt 'people continually forget': the complaint about fixture organisation concerns the boards of the clubs who encourage lax considerations when it comes to fans, on occasions their own fans. Many on club boards dream of the day they can be on a committee or board at the SFA or SPFL themselves.

2 hours ago, H Wragg said:

The SPFL website says fixture dates subject to change and TV selection.

Don't understand the relevance of your post. Of course fixtures are always subject to change, but in the case of Ayr and ICT common sense might suggest clarity was required as early as possible so that supporters can get organised. Unsure if you are proposing fans should simply accept poor service from the clubs and authorities, and keep their mouths shut.

Dundee Utd know that their 1st playoff match will be away and their 2nd at home. For Ayr and ICT it all depends on Saturdays results.

Whether it’s Tue/Fri or Wed/Sat or even Tue/Sat should be decided regardless of who’s at home in the first leg.

Ridiculous that we’re a week before the game and no one has a clue.

Edited by eez-eh

5 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think the issue is probably because you don’t know yet who will be 3rd and who will be 4th ?

Don't think this really matters, fans have to travel regardless of north or south. The two teams have been confirmed for some time, so no real reason not to confirm the date. Unless of course, the TV trucks don't want to travel up the A9 midweek. 

Don't understand the relevance of your post. Of course fixtures are always subject to change, but in the case of Ayr and ICT common sense might suggest clarity was required as early as possible so that supporters can get organised. Unsure if you are proposing fans should simply accept poor service from the clubs and authorities, and keep their mouths shut.
The first leg of the Dundee United game (which is the one you're referring to in the post I'm replying to) won't be until Tuesday 14th May and that was confirmed last week according to yourself.

How much notice were you looking for?

9 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

The first leg of the Dundee United game (which is the one you're referring to in the post I'm replying to) won't be until Tuesday 14th May and that was confirmed last week according to yourself.

How much notice were you looking for?

Not actually referring to one specific game, H Wragg, as far as I read what was written ('dates', plural). Nor asking for 'notice'. 

The OP concentrates on the Ayr/ICT ties, I broadened the discussion to include other ties to illustrate the lack of consideration given to supporters who may have work or family commitments, or perhaps are organising transport for themselves or a group of supporters.