Queen's Park V Peterheid

While 2000 would be ok for most games could be a bit tight for some cup games & of course when the Clyde Massive come calling.  Obviously when having the chance to start from scratch with plenty funding available you would hope they get it right first time.

P/n, it will need to be a Cup game for Clyde to be going to Lesser Humpden from now on.

36 minutes ago, The Clyde Man said:

P/n, it will need to be a Cup game for Clyde to be going to Lesser Humpden from now on.

How does the saying go, Clyde goes before a fall we found the other season after playing probably better then than this season & finishing 22pts ahead of 3rd placed Stenny at the end of the play-offs it was them that progressed & we had to come back & win the league this year.

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

While 2000 would be ok for most games could be a bit tight for some cup games & of course when the Clyde Massive come calling.  Obviously when having the chance to start from scratch with plenty funding available you would hope they get it right first time.

Only really a few of occasions where we've had over 2000. You can almost discount the Sevco games because of the freak circumstances. Beyond that, two Clyde games, two Thistle games, and games against Motherwell, Hearts and Hibs are the only ones that I can think of. Think there's going to be scope for a temporary stand as well, so I can't see it being a major issue for us. 

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Only really a few of occasions where we've had over 2000. You can almost discount the Sevco games because of the freak circumstances. Beyond that, two Clyde games, two Thistle games, and games against Motherwell, Hearts and Hibs are the only ones that I can think of. Think there's going to be scope for a temporary stand as well, so I can't see it being a major issue for us. 

That's fine if that size is going to be suitable for your needs that's good just once its done probably wont be easily changed. Certainly for league 1-2 that capacity should be fine.

15 minutes ago, peternapper said:

That's fine if that size is going to be suitable for your needs that's good just once its done probably wont be easily changed. Certainly for league 1-2 that capacity should be fine.

Even in the highly unlikely event that we did reach heady heights, the likes of Alloa, Brechin and Dumbarton all have/had crowds of well under 1000 in the second tier. 

4 hours ago, cfcuk said:

I think without the draw of playing at hampden I think you will have to go part time

I'd like to see the business model  where the increased expenditure is matched by increased revenue without gambling on the potentially lucrative t/f fee  that finding another Andrew Robertson would generate. Finds like that and/or away Scottish Cup ties at Ibrox or Parkhead don't come around very often, and any business plan that relied on those would be a recipe for disaster.

Queen's record of giving stars of the future (Malky Mackay, Ian McCall, Paul McGinn, Barry Douglas, Lawrence Shankland etc. etc.) should be sufficient to attract players who need a good shop window, even without the lure of playing at Hampden.

To what extent do QP actually use Hampden as a bargaining chip when attracting players anyway? You'd think the novelty of playing in front of 500 in a 52,000 seater would wear off (it certainly does from a fans perspective). The proposals sound good and I think it'll improve the matchday experience quite significantly. 

Would you still be able to use Hampden if, for example, you got a home tie against Rangers/Celtic?  Albion Rovers have set the precedent of moving cup ties to a larger venue to increase revenue so surely there wouldn't be an issue. 

I'd like to see the business model  where the increased expenditure is matched by increased revenue without gambling on the potentially lucrative t/f fee  that finding another Andrew Robertson would generate. Finds like that and/or away Scottish Cup ties at Ibrox or Parkhead don't come around very often, and any business plan that relied on those would be a recipe for disaster.
Queen's record of giving stars of the future (Malky Mackay, Ian McCall, Paul McGinn, Barry Douglas, Lawrence Shankland etc. etc.) should be sufficient to attract players who need a good shop window, even without the lure of playing at Hampden.
maybe so but players coming from the lower leagues and progressing through are becoming less and less But you kmow your club a lot better than me . I always thought it was the lure of hampden that was the draw, there are guys ( good players may I add ) that were with you for a good few seasons not even looking to move to another team. From a personal point of view I think lesser hampden will be a far better experience for myself as a fan will have a good atmosphere easy to get to but as I said earlier for the queens fans going to be a real blow moving out of hampden.

If you're knocking the ball about for (say) Petershill and you're offered the chance to play at Hampden every second week, I reckon 50 percent will jump at it and feck the 50 quid or so you might get for signing for another L2 club.

2 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Would you still be able to use Hampden if, for example, you got a home tie against Rangers/Celtic?  Albion Rovers have set the precedent of moving cup ties to a larger venue to increase revenue so surely there wouldn't be an issue. 

Rovers was a safety issue, I think. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to use the upgraded ground for cup ties. Would imagine the capacity could nudge towards 2500/3000 fans with temporary structures. 900 tickets for us and 1500/2000 for the visiting support would be adequate. 

To what extent do QP actually use Hampden as a bargaining chip when attracting players anyway? You'd think the novelty of playing in front of 500 in a 52,000 seater would wear off (it certainly does from a fans perspective). The proposals sound good and I think it'll improve the matchday experience quite significantly. 

How much would the SFA charge them for the privilege?