Queen's Park V Peterheid

On 29/04/2019 at 18:59, Bring Your Own Socks said:

In honour of the event we've doubled the price of pies and bovril.

Will they be able to bring in their barrows of cash to buy one? 

P.S. I'm suggesting they're already bleeding expensive at Hampden! :)

18 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Have just been looking at the table and Saturdays fixtures, and we could potentially move to 5th if Stirling are beaten, or drop to 7th if cowdenbeath win. I don't know what the difference in prize money is, but we still have something to play for other than which way the helicopter goes. Always good to go into the player awards after the game on a high, so here's hoping we can get a result, and let the other teams worry about who's crowned champion at 4.45.

£5k. Cups/TV etc all additional. What these tables demonstrate is the gulf now between the top and bottom. It's virtually imposiible for a part-time club to sustain themselves above League 1.

To put that in persepctive, the bottom team in the EPL last season coined £95m, including TV rights. Top teams close to £150m 

image.png.40b4fc78de92c5108001f6e362b05ae5.png   image.png.e4a4a760d74f66fe0a155d00c728c853.png   image.png.ceae205a7cdbe5e4faba615e9e289a5f.png   image.png.39fc864f2a9423e006cfd1bd3b32531b.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

I was hoping Peterhead would have this wrapped up ages ago as our results up there over the years have largely been pish.  The trip up on the supporters bus is a good laugh, and there are worse places than Stonehaven to stop for a few pints...it's just the game that usually spoils things.  So if they don't do it on Saturday then I hope they win the play offs   

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

£5k. Cups/TV etc all additional. What these tables demonstrate is the gulf now between the top and bottom. It's virtually imposiible for a part-time club to sustain themselves above League 1.

Why would playing at a level with more prize money make a part time club less sustainable? 

9 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Never has a game felt so weird. Want to beat Peterhead but would hate Clyde to win the league.

Feel free to short-circuit over this, at any point in the next 48 hours. QP on here have a fairly staunch mob- comfortably 2nd best in L2- but you drop the IQ significantly. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Why would playing at a level with more prize money make a part time club less sustainable? 

I didn't say they weren't sustainable as a club. I said they wouldn't be able to sustain themselves above League 1.  They might last a season but inevitably they'll tumble and often, as happened with Brechin and Cowdenbeath and to a lesser extent Dumbarton the tumble is rough for a couple of seasons. Clyde would fit that category too. The full time teams attract the better players and win more games. Check the percentage shares at 4/5th positions for example between L1/L2 and L1/Championship. The gaps getting bigger. 

Do you think Raith will stay full time again next season if they don't get promoted? Arbroath coasted L1 this season; it'll be interesting to see how they cope with the higher division.

20 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I didn't say they weren't sustainable as a club. I said they wouldn't be able to sustain themselves above League 1.  They might last a season but inevitably they'll tumble and often, as happened with Brechin and Cowdenbeath and to a lesser extent Dumbarton the tumble is rough for a couple of seasons. Clyde would fit that category too. The full time teams attract the better players and win more games. Check the percentage shares at 4/5th positions for example between L1/L2 and L1/Championship. The gaps getting bigger. 

Do you think Raith will stay full time again next season if they don't get promoted? Arbroath coasted L1 this season; it'll be interesting to see how they cope with the higher division.

What's that got to do with the prize money that you're whinging about? Bigger teams have always had better facilities and can make higher offers to players on a solely footballing contract. If there wasn't any prize money at all then that'd still be the case. 

How much of a loss do the Peterhead fans think Dunlop is? Who’s likely to replace him at centre half? 

His leadership and experience would’ve been a huge help, especially in a game as important as this. imo Cammy Eadie is a very capable replacement though