Queen's Park V Peterheid

Tactics are clear for this one. Only a win will have us charge into glorious fifth in time for the sun going down.  The Binos can't have the same luck again this week and The Fash Express seems to have run out of coal at the brow of the hill. Again. What can possibly go wrong?

I trust the potential for a trophy-lifting will encourage more than the usual 50-ish Heid fans to make it down. As an added incentive, if you get promoted this could be your last trip to Hampden to see your favourites. In honour of the event we've doubled the price of pies and bovril.

For QP fans, a time to thank the players for their efforts and hopefully a good turnout for the post-match player awards. Let's not let the football spoil a good day out. 

1-0 to QP after 97 minutes.  Jordan Hart with a last minute header.

6 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Rangers are at home on the Sunday so there will be a few making a weekend of it I'd think 

A bold toss of a stone in a glass house from the club of Graham Roberts, Bomber Brown, Jorg Albertz, Charlie Miller, Barry Ferguson and Bob Malcolm. 

Edited by an86

9 minutes ago, an86 said:

A bold toss of a stone in a glass house from the club of Graham Roberts, Bomber Brown, Jorg Albertz, Charlie Miller, Barry Ferguson and Bob Malcolm. 

Your point is, caller? 

We've also been managed by two Lisbon Lions, and had various ex Celtic players on the books. Hardly relevant though, is it?

12 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Your point is, caller? 

We've also been managed by two Lisbon Lions, and had various ex Celtic players on the books. Hardly relevant though, is it?

The recruitment process of the past decade or so has been an unseemly attempt by Clyde to obtain pity cash from their big cousins. Anyway, back to your own thread. Haunting QP threads on the week where you have the chance to lift the title is a new level. 

14 minutes ago, an86 said:

The recruitment process of the past decade or so has been an unseemly attempt by Clyde to obtain pity cash from their big cousins. Anyway, back to your own thread. Haunting QP threads on the week where you have the chance to lift the title is a new level. 

Cash? From that lot? Strange post. 

I have a vested interest in this game and am keen to see what people have to say about it. Hardly haunting it. I simply made a comment that I believe might give some people an added incentive to make the trip down. Spending a weekend in Glasgow taking in a couple of games of football sounds like pretty good fun to me. No-one said it was a bad thing. 

49 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I have a vested interest in this game and am keen to see what people have to say about it.

In that case I think you ought to know that QP have serious injury issues for this game and are likely to have to field a severly weakened team. The primary concern is our defensive stalwart Gerry McLauchlan who has come down with a bad case of dandruff, and at this stage of the season Mark Roberts sees no point in risking him for such a meaningless fixture.

1 hour ago, The Spider said:

In that case I think you ought to know that QP have serious injury issues for this game and are likely to have to field a severly weakened team. The primary concern is our defensive stalwart Gerry McLauchlan who has come down with a bad case of dandruff, and at this stage of the season Mark Roberts sees no point in risking him for such a meaningless fixture.

Joking aside, we might have to play our 17 year old keeper on Saturday.  Hart currently playing with an injury, you could see him grimace every time he kicked the ball at Broadwood. Roberts tried to get an emergency loan in but was refused by the league. I am assuming Hart took a painkilling injection to play

2 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Cash? From that lot? Strange post. 

I have a vested interest in this game and am keen to see what people have to say about it. Hardly haunting it. I simply made a comment that I believe might give some people an added incentive to make the trip down. Spending a weekend in Glasgow taking in a couple of games of football sounds like pretty good fun to me. No-one said it was a bad thing. 

Peterhead certainly aren’t the team they were earlier in the season. Rory doesn’t look the player he was in recent times, although with his legs tied together, he’s still better than most strikers at this level. Jamie Stevenson was injured  and that made a huge difference.

They might just limp over the line. I hope goal difference doesn’t decide who wins the league.

After Osadolor scored for Rovers against Peterhead and Peaso's late equaliser on Saturday the key question is, do Queen's have any ex-Clyde players to do us a favour? Or will Mark Roberts dig out his old boots and sub himself on to score the stoppage time winner?

40 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Peterhead certainly aren’t the team they were earlier in the season. Rory doesn’t look the player he was in recent times, although with his legs tied together, he’s still better than most strikers at this level. Jamie Stevenson was injured  and that made a huge difference.

They might just limp over the line. I hope goal difference doesn’t decide who wins the league.

I thought about 8 games out they'd run away with it but limping home is an accurate expression. Helicopter Saturday for sure now.

It's a bit OTT though. Completely distracted our epic battle for sixth spot.

22 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

After Osadolor scored for Rovers against Peterhead and Peaso's late equaliser on Saturday the key question is, do Queen's have any ex-Clyde players to do us a favour? Or will Mark Roberts dig out his old boots and sub himself on to score the stoppage time winner?

They have Adam Martin who we had last season