Rangers vs Hibs

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 hours ago, The OP said:

Disagree. Lennon has mental health issues of his own to deal with and more rage than the average person but he is generally in control compared to McGregor and tends to respond to real rather than imagined slights. It’s a different thing and McGregor seems  more of a danger to himself and others. 

Both Lennon and McGregor have anger management problems, where small events mean a ludicrous reaction. 

On top of that, Lennon has obviously serious mental health issues which for his own good need tackled before he takes on another permanent job with any pressure. 

I would suggest that if McGregor is going to continue in goals for Rangers next season, he needs help before the season starts. It's impossible to believe that Rangers' management can't see that. 

PAUL HANLON has claimed referee Bobby Madden ordered Hibs not to contest a drop ball as they chased an equaliser in the closing stages of Sunday’s defeat to Rangers.

The Easter Road outfit were desperate to pressurise makeshift keeper Ross McCrorie in the wake of Allan McGregor’s red card for lashing out at Marc McNulty.

But at an injury-time corner, a Rangers fan launched a second ball into play, resulting in Madden having to stop play and restart with a drop ball at the edge of the box.

Hibs were eager to challenge for possession so close to their hosts’ goal and the potentially vulnerable McCrorie.

But Hanlon said Madden told them they would have to agree to Rangers giving them the ball back, with Connor Goldson subsequently lashing the ball back into the Hibs’ half of the pitch and out for a throw-in.

The defender explained: “At the time, we were desperate to contest the drop ball. It was inside their penalty box and we didn’t want the ball going all the way back to our keeper.

So, we wanted to contest it, but the referee said that if Rangers wanted to give us the ball back we weren’t allowed to contest it.

“I didn’t know that was the rule now, but that seems to be the case.

We were trying to build momentum and keep the pressure on and that kind of put us a bit on the back foot again.”

The defeat — manager Paul Heckingbottom’s first in the league since taking over — ruled Hibs out of the race for third and fourth, and the possibility of European qualification

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

PAUL HANLON has claimed referee Bobby Madden ordered Hibs not to contest a drop ball as they chased an equaliser in the closing stages of Sunday’s defeat to Rangers.

The Easter Road outfit were desperate to pressurise makeshift keeper Ross McCrorie in the wake of Allan McGregor’s red card for lashing out at Marc McNulty.

But at an injury-time corner, a Rangers fan launched a second ball into play, resulting in Madden having to stop play and restart with a drop ball at the edge of the box.

Hibs were eager to challenge for possession so close to their hosts’ goal and the potentially vulnerable McCrorie.

But Hanlon said Madden told them they would have to agree to Rangers giving them the ball back, with Connor Goldson subsequently lashing the ball back into the Hibs’ half of the pitch and out for a throw-in.

The defender explained: “At the time, we were desperate to contest the drop ball. It was inside their penalty box and we didn’t want the ball going all the way back to our keeper.

So, we wanted to contest it, but the referee said that if Rangers wanted to give us the ball back we weren’t allowed to contest it.

“I didn’t know that was the rule now, but that seems to be the case.

We were trying to build momentum and keep the pressure on and that kind of put us a bit on the back foot again.”

The defeat — manager Paul Heckingbottom’s first in the league since taking over — ruled Hibs out of the race for third and fourth, and the possibility of European qualification

A referee enforcing the rules of the game, that is absolutely outrageous.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

You sure it’s in the rules that a drop ball can’t be contested?

It says so in the article you posted, you did read it all.....

Guest Moomintroll

Laws ffs, they are called laws & uncontested drop balls will only become a thing at the start of next season. Up until then teams can contest them irrespective of what the referee says.

28 minutes ago, bennett said:

It says so in the article you posted, you did read it all.....

You must have one of those Hot Prod Time Machines?

Its next season that comes in...............

Although, it never ceases to amaze me that players dont know this - David Gray should have kicked up f**k at the time.

44 minutes ago, Green Day said:

You must have one of those Hot Prod Time Machines?

Its next season that comes in...............

Although, it never ceases to amaze me that players dont know this - David Gray should have kicked up f**k at the time.

Are you suggesting that Drews article was misleading?

1 hour ago, bennett said:

A referee enforcing the rules of the game, that is absolutely outrageous.

FIFA laws of the game state the exact diametric opposite.

Law 8: The Start and Restart of Play

Dropped ball

Any number of players may contest a dropped ball (including the goalkeepers); the referee cannot decide who may contest a dropped ball or its outcome.

--

If Bobby Madden told the players who could contest the ball, he wasn't enforcing the laws of the game properly, and if the article says otherwise, it's bollocks.

Hope this helps.

17 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

FIFA laws of the game state the exact diametric opposite.

Law 8: The Start and Restart of Play

Dropped ball

Any number of players may contest a dropped ball (including the goalkeepers); the referee cannot decide who may contest a dropped ball or its outcome.

--

If Bobby Madden told the players who could contest the ball, he wasn't enforcing the laws of the game properly, and if the article says otherwise, it's bollocks.

Hope this helps.

Even Cher can't turn back time, not much you can do about it now.

18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

So the ref wasn’t enforcing the rules after all, just making them up.

According to the article you posted, he was.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

When did The Sun become footballs governing body?

Never knew that it is from the sun, you're usually quite reliable with articles.

Guest Moomintroll
Even Cher can't turn back time, not much you can do about it now.

Meant to say benny but got sidetracked, replied to that giving you pelters as I misread what you meant, deleted it swiftly as I realised I had cocked up.

I don’t know what the laws say about what is supposed to happen if there are two balls on the pitch at the same time. I was at the Montrose v Queen Of The South match last night and at one point two balls were on the pitch at the same time and the ref played on and waved for the second ball to be kicked off.

Guest Moomintroll
I don’t know what the laws say about what is supposed to happen if there are two balls on the pitch at the same time. I was at the Montrose v Queen Of The South match last night and at one point two balls were on the pitch at the same time and the ref played on and waved for the second ball to be kicked off.
It is a weird one at the moment, next season any ball entering the field of play from near the Technical area will result in the most senior person there being sent off if the culprit is not identified, (aka the Simeone Law). That is obviously not practical in a case like the other day, the law as it stands is that the game should be stopped immediately and a contested drop ball should restart play, unofficially, & similar to a referee playing on, if the ball is not in any danger of impeding play then if in inactive player can clear it off the field then that is ok. On Sunday this was not the case as the ball was in an area that could influence play.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If the foreign object on the pitch is interfering with play, it's a dropped ball. Otherwise, there's no rule (although getting the object to f**k before it does start to interfere with play sounds like basic common sense).

Edited by Aim Here