Rangers vs Hibs

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

What are you slavering about? They should have knocked the ball out for another corner to us so we could take it again. They're hardly going to let us walk the ball into the net.

When have you ever seen that actually happen? The general convention at an uncontested drop ball is for one team to smash it up the pitch back to the other team.

Hibs should have contested the drop ball. Or just taken it while it was lying there with nobody touching it. Or tackled Goldson on any of his 3 touches.

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The ball was in play when the ball came onto the park. The decision from Madden was correct by the rules.

Out of interest, say it had been a penalty and somebody had kept the ball in the stand as they did at the corner.

McNulty runs up to take with a replacement ball and the fan throws the original ball on as he's moments from striking it. He takes it and misses having clearly been put off by the ball flying at him.

What happens then? Surely it's not a drop ball on that occasion? 

19 minutes ago, dezz said:

What is wrong with McGregor this season? He’s a permanently seething mess of a man. He should be on about 4 reds. Off the top of my head there’s been incident against Motherwell, Aberdeen and Celtic he’s gotten away with this season. Good to see this one finally caught up with him. Fucking moron.

Came on here to say the same thing. He’s never been a particularly nice guy, but I’m sure he didn’t used to be this level of deranged all the time.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Out of interest, say it had been a penalty and somebody had kept the ball in the stand as they did at the corner.

McNulty runs up to take with a replacement ball and the fan throws the original ball on as he's moments from striking it. He takes it and misses having clearly been put off by the ball flying at him.

What happens then? Surely it's not a drop ball on that occasion? 

The ball isn't in play if he hasn't kicked it yet. It'd be a retake.

11 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Some balls on that lad

I've seen him at away games a few times, he's absolutely fearless and I'm only surprised he didn't wait until more were around before he started it. :lol:

Came on here to say the same thing. He’s never been a particularly nice guy, but I’m sure he didn’t used to be this level of deranged all the time.

Yeah, I don’t think he’s always been this unhinged so it seems a bit odd.

Even aside from the reds/potential red incidents this season there’s been numerous times he’s sprinted after the referee absolutely frothing at the mouth when he (incorrectly) thinks he’s been wronged.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

The ball isn't in play if he hasn't kicked it yet. It'd be a retake.

Fan throws ball, times it so the ball reaches the pitch literally a second before McNulty strikes it. It's clearly distracting, McNulty can't pull out of hitting it and shanks it wide from the distraction. What happens then? This obviously isn't the same as a corner, but the rule needs to be changed, clearly.

If I sit along a touchline and a ball goes out and I hold onto it and don't give it back, and then the opponents break through clean on goal and I hurl it onto the pitch and it costs them the chance, what happens then?

I know these are far fetched examples, but Rangers and Celtic are absolutely sad and scummy enough to do both of them if they felt it would help them win a poxy game of football.

McGregor gets away with that sort of shite far too often, so it's good he was caught out this time. Pity it was so late on.

Incredible that we didn't challenge the drop ball. Just fucking boot it off Goldson and out for another corner.

Overall we weren't really at the races, but could have nicked a point as Rangers are pretty shite themselves.

McGregor is clearly too thick to become a coach or manager after his playing career ends. 

Given the increase in his cretinous behaviour recently, I can only assume he is being groomed to take over the seething auld bigot role in the Rangers backroom currently occupied by Jimmy Bell.

rangers-kit-man-jimmy-bell-JMWAG0.thumb.jpg.a0d22986a6a20a5e679ed74fa63a3999.jpg

I'm not usually one for wishing injuries on players but it would be delicious if McGregor permanently snapped his achilles tendon when he falls backwards at the end there.

McGregor is up there as the biggest w****r in the Scottish game, and a red card has been in the post for him all season. 

Numerous kick-outs at opponents have gone unpunished, and glad to see Madden finally have the balls to do him for it. 

Was never the most likeable character, but genuinely don't know what has caused him to be so unbalanced since his return from down south. 

Scummy, scummy individual. 

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

McGregor is clearly too thick to become a coach or manager after his playing career ends. 

Given the increase in his cretinous behaviour recently, I can only assume he is being groomed to take over the seething auld bigot role in the Rangers backroom currently occupied by Jimmy Bell.

rangers-kit-man-jimmy-bell-JMWAG0.thumb.jpg.a0d22986a6a20a5e679ed74fa63a3999.jpg

I can tell you are upset. To be fair I'd honestly prefer you to get Europe instead of Aberdeen but at the same time: 1-0