Motherwell vs St Mirren, 3pm, 04/05/19

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Agree with loads of that. I think if we'd actually been that bothered about the result we'd have chucked Main or Sammon on or alternatively started one of them and given Scott 15 mins at the end. It was definitely a tough shift for Scott but having said that we were 1-0 up with a minute to go so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The subs looked like they'd already been agreed prior to the game tbh. Robinson pretty much said pre-match that Semple would be involved and by all accounts Livingstone has been promised minutes one way or another.

re: Hastie, I'm not even sure it's a case of punishing him. Maybe it is but it feels to me possibly more a case that the others who may have told the club they're moving on play in areas of the park where we don't have replacements. In Hastie's case Cadden's back from a long term injury and needs games and he's been able to drop into that position at Hastie's expense. If we're wanting to give Semple some time then I guess something has to give somewhere in terms of bodies and the boy who's very publicly fucking off to Ibrox seems like the obvious place to start.

McHugh and Gorrin may well have said they're leaving but there aren't really other alternatives in their position and Scott's now started the last 3 in favour of Main (who's obviously still around the squad).

That’s just it though, you can understand why the soon to be departing Main has been benched for Scott. Main won’t be here, so it makes sense to give minutes/experience to Scott and see where he is with a view to next season. I’m on board with that.

Hastie isn’t blocking anyone’s path though as far as I can see. He’s one of four wingers we have and none of them, as far as I’m aware, have signed up for next season yet he’s the only one not in the squad. I was more critical of his performances than most and I’m honestly not overly fussed either way but it all just seems a bit unnecessary to me. Especially when you’re wheeling out the likes of 32 year old loanee Connor Sammon to fill up the bench instead. Plus if history is anything to by, he’ll probably end up back at Fir Park at some point in his career anyway.

Agree that at 21 Livingstone absolutely needs minutes, however is a 5 minute run out at left wing going to make any real difference to his development at this stage? For me, either start him next week or don’t but I don’t agree with just chucking him on for the sake of it. Which looked to me like what happened yesterday.

Edited by Casagolda

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It's probably been said here, but, Danny Mullen is an insufferable diving wee w**k 

Yeah, the Motherwell defender boots Mullen's foot full force but he dived. Definite penalty. 

Just now, Munoz said:

Yeah, the Motherwell defender boots Mullen's foot full force but he dived. Definite penalty. 

I'm just talking about in general, he picked it up from Iain Russell when he was with us and genuinely gets so embarrassing. Always goes down

Just now, ATLIS said:

I'm just talking about in general, he picked it up from Iain Russell when he was with us and genuinely gets so embarrassing. Always goes down

Well maybe that went against him yesterday.  He had 2 decent claims for a penalty turned down by a ref standing a few feet away. 

Just now, Munoz said:

Well maybe that went against him yesterday.  He had 2 decent claims for a penalty turned down by a ref standing a few feet away. 

Oh it definitely did, in League 1 with us he constantly got denied penalties mainly because he had that reputation of going down easy

53 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Oh it definitely did, in League 1 with us he constantly got denied penalties mainly because he had that reputation of going down easy

Pretty much that yesterday. Dunn absolutely flattered him right in front of me and the fans around me were just shouting for him to get up and stop cheating.  It is one of those things that goes against you in the end.

Can't really think of much, there was flares a good few years back in Paisley, I think.  
There were a few smoke bombs in the Motherwell end at Paisley one midweek game. The police and stewards went in completely heavy-handed, calling for reinforcements to belt it along from the game at Ibrox with Chic Young reporting a riot on the radio. All for very little happening- it was bonkers.
That’s just it though, you can understand why the soon to be departing Main has been benched for Scott. Main won’t be here, so it makes sense to give minutes/experience to Scott and see where he is with a view to next season. I’m on board with that.
Hastie isn’t blocking anyone’s path though as far as I can see. He’s one of four wingers we have and none of them, as far as I’m aware, have signed up for next season yet he’s the only one not in the squad. I was more critical of his performances than most and I’m honestly not overly fussed either way but it all just seems a bit unnecessary to me. Especially when you’re wheeling out the likes of 32 year old loanee Connor Sammon to fill up the bench instead. Plus if history is anything to by, he’ll probably end up back at Fir Park at some point in his career anyway.
Agree that at 21 Livingstone absolutely needs minutes, however is a 5 minute run out at left wing going to make any real difference to his development at this stage? For me, either start him next week or don’t but I don’t agree with just chucking him on for the sake of it. Which looked to me like what happened yesterday.
I think Hastie's not playing due to the likely response from the crowd bringing a damaging and sidetracking atmosphere.

On 05/05/2019 at 21:48, Yorky said:

Pretty much that yesterday. Dunn absolutely flattered him right in front of me and the fans around me were just shouting for him to get up and stop cheating.  It is one of those things that goes against you in the end.

DefinAtely a penalty with Dunne’s second challenge in the box in the first half.  Didn’t see the wrestling move in the second. 

On 05/05/2019 at 14:45, flyingscot said:

Can't really think of much, there was flares a good few years back in Paisley, I think.  

Surely St Mirren fans are wearing a different style of trousers these days?

On 05/05/2019 at 20:44, Munoz said:

Stone wall penalty, there is no debate, he kicks right through Mullen and the ref was about ten yards away. Alan Muir is just like the rest of our officials in this country, he’s hopelessly inept at his job. 

On 5/5/2019 at 23:02, capt_oats said:

O Captain! My Captain!

Absolutely all about Tait being straight in there with hauners.

18967764_450_450_73045_0_fit_0_8f9ca60d2

Odd that the St Mirren lad didn't get booked for the tackle on Semple and again for then squaring up to Sir Richard of Tait.  Sums up Muir's overall performance neatly.

Odd that the St Mirren lad didn't get booked for the tackle on Semple and again for then squaring up to Sir Richard of Tait.  Sums up Muir's overall performance neatly.

That would be because Tait ran all of 20 yards to do the square root of f**k all. He was at it during a free kick shortly before. He’s a wee dick, as shown in that picture.