Motherwell vs St Mirren, 3pm, 04/05/19

I would be surprised if he tinkers too much with the start XI for the match today. Suspect the only change we will see is McHugh for the suspended Gorrin.
I would like to see Livingstone get a start at LB and see if he has anything to offer, possibly by dropping Grimshaw and moving Tait over to his natural side.

We are a significantly better side than St Mirren, but if we play with the same relaxed approach as the last couple of matches then they will turn us over.

Hopefully we edge it. 2-1 to Davie Turnbull.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm OK with Motherwell being experimental. They've done their bit in the relegation race so far.

Though an absolute lie down tomorrow would just be magnificent.

In fairness, as @Mitch says it's unlikely to be "experimental" as such. The only change I can see to our starting line-up will be McHugh in for Gorrin who's suspended.

Scott's been making appearances off the bench but last week was his 3rd start and 1st goal. Semple got a minute for his debut against Dundee and set up the winner. I'd imagine that minute might become 10 this week. 

Hopefully Livingstone gets a decent run out at some point though, I'd have thought he'd be one of the "one or two". It'd be interesting from our point of view if there are any others on the bench as you're probably looking at guys like McAlear, Cornelius and (maybe) McKinstry (though he's already signed for Leeds).

Also...:lol:

D5tW86uWsAEEntw?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by capt_oats

They won't have the bandwidth to cope with our 14,000,000 fans.
Just witnessed a 10 (thousand) strong advanced party marching towards Lanarkshire, it's like a scene out of Braveheart in Paisley as the army masses. An emergency call for Celtic fans famous Seville abacus has just been put out.

HT 0-0

Doing well to be at 0-0 here. Motherwell certainly been the better team. Should have scored inside 5 minutes but we cleared it off the line.

After that they’ve dominated the ball and pushed us back and had a couple of half chances. We’ve not offered much save from a long ranger or two.

Need to match Hamilton’s result, so as long as it’s 0-0 there 0-0 here is fine.

Just expecting us to do a bit... more. Since it matters to us and doesn’t matter to Well.

On 29/04/2019 at 13:48, MJC said:

After Saturdays goalfest I think a 0-0 is on the cards here.

By the looks of things so far it looks like I'm going to be proved right once again. We're barely out of first gear and St.Mirren are pretty garbage.