Motherwell vs St Mirren, 3pm, 04/05/19

Squeaky bum time for us - Motherwell chasing 7th still.

We got a vital win at Fir Park in December. It left us two points shy of Hamilton and three clear of Dundee. Sounds vaguely familiar.

I'll be honest, as amazing as a win here would be, I'd probably still settle for matching whatever Hamilton get against Dundee next Saturday, keeping us in touch with 10th for the final two matches.

Feel sick even thinking about all this, tbqhwy. :shutup

Edited by Coventry Saint

Saturday was a display that demonstrated the shackles are off somewhat for us, we are playing with a fair degree of freedom but that also worked for Dundee too, given they managed three goals.

The Dundee game surpassed all my expectations, especially given the snoozefest at Accies the week before. 

I just can't wait to go watch Davie Turnbull for another 90 minutes, I think we'll win this one - Motherwell 3-1 St Mirren

9 minutes ago, govansaint said:

If stmirren finish up in the play offs who would saints fans want to go up against? Hopefully we can remain in the premier though. Coys.

Trying not not to think about it. Whoever reaches the playoff final has got there on merit, so I'd expect a tough match from any of them. Boring answer, I know. I guess on paper you'd pick Ayr, especially as their form has dwindled, but the fact their form has dwindled means it probably won't be them.

Very much hoping we won't be involved, tbh

My prediction a couple of weeks ago was for Inverness to be promoted.  I'm sticking with that, and for several top flight chairman to have head-in-hands moments as they realise the financial hit they'll be taking by having at least three visits from Inverness & Ross County fans.

Obviously I hope it transpires that St. Mirren do enough to finish 10th and Hamilton drop into the seaside leagues.

For Saturday, Motherwell 2-3 St. Mirren.  John Sutton with a goal for each side.

41 minutes ago, Desp said:

My prediction a couple of weeks ago was for Inverness to be promoted.  I'm sticking with that, and for several top flight chairman to have head-in-hands moments as they realise the financial hit they'll be taking by having at least three visits from Inverness & Ross County fans.

Obviously I hope it transpires that St. Mirren do enough to finish 10th and Hamilton drop into the seaside leagues.

For Saturday, Motherwell 2-3 St. Mirren.  John Sutton with a goal for each side.

And definitely one/two from Livingston and potentially Hamilton too.

I don't see any of the last three games being easy. What I do see is a St Mirren squad fighting the cause add the squad it's strongest it's been all season. Can't ask for anymore. Of the bottom three teams we have picked up a lot more points than both Hamilton and Dundee gives me hope. 

Interesting to see what kind of game this turns out to be - conventional wisdom would have it that the team with something to play for would be "more up for it" than the team that are practically on holiday - but in the last two games against Accies and Dundee, it simply wasn't the case.

Accies were seemingly happy to join us in playing at testimonial pace (or more accurately, that bit in a testimonial when the player's kids come on for a kickabout) - and in the Dundee game on Saturday, we were the team playing with most urgency in the latter stages when you'd think a team in the grubber would be the ones doing it - doubly so against 10 men. 

St Mirren from what I've seen look a bit more up for it - and that could help them as we are playing some lovely football but look a bit powderpuff other than that - I think a team that were in battle mode would probably win against us..

The only thing I'll say with confidence is that we can't be any worse than the last game at Fir Park in December - that was properly shite and (almost) the low point of our league form.

I reckon we are more suited to playing away from home with Oran’s favoured formation. Having said that it’s a damn hard shift for wee Danny Mullen up there on his own in the last couple of games. 

Jackson has looked lively when he’s come off the bench and Kyle Magennis gives us that bit of quality that we’ve missed all season. 

We need the 3 points as I think Dundee will beat Hamilton.

13 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
57 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:
Really torn over this.
Want to be walking from Kelvingrove Park to Glasgow Green, but no way I can do that and make the game.
Will of course be coming to the game, but pain the clash in times.

Jump on the train at Bridgeton - Fir Park in no time.

Had thought about something like that - but will be going along with my dad - and we unfortunately don't see eye to eye on politics :lol:

Fancy St. Mirren to win this for no other reason than we're on our holidays whereas they seem to have a bit of fight about them at the moment. More so than Accies and Dundee who we've scraped results against over the past 2 games.