Brechin City -vs- Stenhousemuir - The Bout to Knock the Other Guy Out

Nice to see Brechin back to their natural level. Since the benefactor left they have struggled I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Lowland league shortly.

Couldn't beat us when we had nine men and now ten men. A pathetic outfit.

Typical performance from us today. Built on a solid back line that put everything they had on the line. We really should have won but missed numerous chances in the 2nd half, which has also been typical of us unfortunately. We just can’t get goals from anyone other then McGuigan. I’m hoping the fight, desire and commitment in this team can prolong this season even more.

On to Annan...

Brechin were abysmal. I’ve seen us play them 3 times and each time we’ve ended up playing with 10 men and still not been beaten. Tapping in midfield was good, first half in particular, but other than that they offered nothing. We have three big centre halves who love battling for high balls. What tactic do you think Brechin employed when we went down to 10 men?

Nice to see Brechin back to their natural level. Since the benefactor left they have struggled I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Lowland league shortly.
Easy tiger remember you might be in the same league

51 minutes ago, Neilly said:

We are deffo shite but you were only one point ahead of us hardly world beaters yersels :lol:

22 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Yet again we fail to beat a team with ten men.A good clear out is needed.Manager must go too and a few of the committee.Lets start next season with new blood both on and off the park. Re build for a few seasons.

At least you've got a hedge! Now f**k off to the junior's!

50 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Yet again we fail to beat a team with ten men.A good clear out is needed.Manager must go too and a few of the committee.Lets start next season with new blood both on and off the park. Re build for a few seasons.

4 points on the final board buddy, what’s your point. 4 good and plenty points to leave your shower in our wake 

On 03/05/2019 at 15:05, rhliston said:

Best of luck to Brechin City on Saturday, hope you do the business against the Warriors. Hope Ross Kavanagh scores a couple for you on Saturday. :)

Take the playoff contenders out the equation for now and I make your nearest “derby” next season Albion Rovers. Relevance quest failed, unlucky champ!

That was an absolutely horrendous game of football but weirdly entertaining all the same. I was very impressed with our players' second-half performance and if we can show that application and effort over the play-off contest, we have an excellent chance of staying up. A lot of credit must go to Colin McMenamin too - his substitutions were 100 per spot on for the circumstances and helped us bring the game back under control. Given the chances we passed up at the death, with three good counter attacks all squandered, I'm actually disappointed not to have won the match.

Brechin City were rubbish, again. Other than a Callum Tapping free-kick that forced Graeme Smith into a good save and Andy Jackson's well-taken goal, I don't think they created anything of note. There was the period immediately after Conor McBrearty's red card where we under pressure but, as usual, Brechin did nothing with their advantage and we calmed down and started playing on the counter. I thought Tapping looked good when he was on the ball but they're a poor, poor side. A special mention to Tam Scobbie who really seemed to be riled when someone in the away support called him a "Falkirk reject"; his comeback about using Slimfast was a topper!

I can't fault anyone in maroon. We had the best moment of the match when Mark McGuigan crashed home Ruaridh Donaldson's tremendous centre but it was all about grafting yesterday. Andy Munro organised the defence well; Morgyn Neill, who looked uncomfortable in the back three was terrific when we moved to the two; David Marsh bullied boys when he played in midfield; and McGuigan did well up top by himself. It wasn't pretty but it got us over the line.

A special mention to the referee - woah! Some wacky calls, particularly in the second half, and the failure to award Greg Hurst a foul when he was hauled down as he went through on goal was just plain weird.

That was an absolutely horrendous game of football but weirdly entertaining all the same. I was very impressed with our players' second-half performance and if we can show that application and effort over the play-off contest, we have an excellent chance of staying up. A lot of credit must go to Colin McMenamin too - his substitutions were 100 per spot on for the circumstances and helped us bring the game back under control. Given the chances we passed up at the death, with three good counter attacks all squandered, I'm actually disappointed not to have won the match.
Brechin City were rubbish, again. Other than a Callum Tapping free-kick that forced Graeme Smith into a good save and Andy Jackson's well-taken goal, I don't think they created anything of note. There was the period immediately after Conor McBrearty's red card where we under pressure but, as usual, Brechin did nothing with their advantage and we calmed down and started playing on the counter. I thought Tapping looked good when he was on the ball but they're a poor, poor side. A special mention to Tam Scobbie who really seemed to be riled when someone in the away support called him a "Falkirk reject"; his comeback about using Slimfast was a topper!
I can't fault anyone in maroon. We had the best moment of the match when Mark McGuigan crashed home Ruaridh Donaldson's tremendous centre but it was all about grafting yesterday. Andy Munro organised the defence well; Morgyn Neill, who looked uncomfortable in the back three was terrific when we moved to the two; David Marsh bullied boys when he played in midfield; and McGuigan did well up top by himself. It wasn't pretty but it got us over the line.
A special mention to the referee - woah! Some wacky calls, particularly in the second half, and the failure to award Greg Hurst a foul when he was hauled down as he went through on goal was just plain weird.

I can only imagine your smugness on the telly box on Friday once you guys are discussing the relegation of Falkirk, shame you might not be around to take the ‘Navy Blue pound’ though.

Hard to call which team will win the play-offs though, but I would think a Stenny v Clyde final on recent form.