Brechin City -vs- Stenhousemuir - The Bout to Knock the Other Guy Out

2 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

I remember that well, they beat us 3 out of 4 times that season. I missed the only time we beat them as well :lol:

They did, but that's not the season you're thinking of - they suffered successive relegations in  2010/11 and 2011/12, from the First Division down to the Third.

The year you're thinking of was the 2014/15 season - Scott Booth's year in charge - when they tanked us three times. Horrendous stuff all round!

17 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

They did, but that's not the season you're thinking of - they suffered successive relegations in  2010/11 and 2011/12, from the First Division down to the Third.

The year you're thinking of was the 2014/15 season - Scott Booth's year in charge - when they tanked us three times. Horrendous stuff all round!

They got relegated 2013/14 did they not from the championship?

EDIT: Just looked it up, apparently they got promoted that season, haven't a clue where I am getting relegation from

Edited by CEMSFC

23 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Brechin relegated us to League 2, two seasons ago. Good to get our revenge.

Looking forward to this, Colin said in his interview that he goes into this wanting to win the game, even though a point is good enough. 

I would go with the team FF put above, but put Dickson in instead of Dingwall, haven't a clue why he's been dropped completely from the squad. Russell seems to be a good player but doesn't link our midfield to our attack, he just makes runs in between them. If we have Sean in there, he can play that role and even drop further back if he needs to, 

"Russell seems to be a good player". On what evidence exactly?

He has taken The Ghost nickname from Lewis Sloan all those years ago.

I'll inject a bit of positivity about the place and predict that we might scrape a draw from this one. 

Eta: funny how the P&B spellchecker doesn't recognise these words:

Capture.PNG.788a77b28252f6b5a18fe85c9bf1608a.PNG

Edited by Hedgecutter

46 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I'm assuming we are at home on the Saturday for the play off game once we dismiss this gang?

Away on Tuesday and and home on Saturday aye....

does the ‘higher league position’ advantage continue into the final ? ie: we would be home in the 2nd Leg again? Or is it drawn? Can’t remember that bit

37 minutes ago, microdave said:

How many teams have gone the whole hog and finished bottom of the bottom tier after successive relegations? Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath certainly have.

Clyde managed that I'm pretty sure.