Brechin City -vs- Stenhousemuir - The Bout to Knock the Other Guy Out

Right lads, here we go. It's the big one, no mucking around here, just two mediocre sides going for it, stripped to the waist, skin against skin.

Stenhousemuir will travel to Glebe Park on Saturday knowing a draw will be enough to see them enter the play-off contest; Brechin City, meanwhile, need to win to avoid relegation. It gives me no pleasure to say it but Brechin are the worst team I've seen this season. Last time we met, Stenny played the final 20 minutes with nine men but Brechin still didn't have the smarts to get the better of them (and Stenny might even have won it!)

On top of that, given how the matches between the teams have panned out this season (two wins and a draw), I'm going into this match with confidence - I think Stenny will record a narrow win to finish the league season with confidence.

Morgyn Neill is likely to miss this match with an injury but Andy Munro, our Player of the Year, will return from suspension. Can't imagine we'll change much from the weekend's game:

- McGuigan -

- Cook - McBrearty - Ferry - Dingwall - Hurst -

- Donaldson - Munro - Marsh - Reid -

- Smith -

My own preference would be to replace Russell Dingwall with Kieron Gibbons - Dingwall hasn't really impressed me since joining the club on loan from Ross County and Gibbons looked lively when he came on against East Fife. I might also be tempted to go for a 4-4-2 with Hurst up top and Connor Duthie on the wing but Duthie is more likely to be introduced from the bench.

Really looking forward to this game. Let's hope that Stenny don't choke on the final day of the season, as they do quite often!

12 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Sorry, but having just watched the highlights from Saturday, and the blatant rugby attacks on Liam Watt and Brett Long, all I can say is , "monthehedgehogs" .
Court saw red for less.
Don't want teams in this league who blatantly cheat.

Look buddy, just because your season turned to human shit, don't take it out on this thread.

15 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Sorry, but having just watched the highlights from Saturday, and the blatant rugby attacks on Liam Watt and Brett Long, all I can say is , "monthehedgehogs" .
Court saw red for less.

EFTV raging cameraman found!

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Right lads, here we go. It's the big one, no mucking around here, just two mediocre sides going for it, stripped to the waist, skin against skin.

Stenhousemuir will travel to Glebe Park on Saturday knowing a draw will be enough to see them enter the play-off contest; Brechin City, meanwhile, need to win to avoid relegation. It gives me no pleasure to say it but Brechin are the worst team I've seen this season. Last time we met, Stenny played the final 20 minutes with nine men but Brechin still didn't have the smarts to get the better of them (and Stenny might even have won it!)

On top of that, given how the matches between the teams have panned out this season (two wins and a draw), I'm going into this match with confidence - I think Stenny will record a narrow win to finish the league season with confidence.

Morgyn Neill is likely to miss this match with an injury but Andy Munro, our Player of the Year, will return from suspension. Can't imagine we'll change much from the weekend's game:

- McGuigan -

- Cook - McBrearty - Ferry - Dingwall - Hurst -

- Donaldson - Munro - Marsh - Reid -

- Smith -

My own preference would be to replace Russell Dingwall with Kieron Gibbons - Dingwall hasn't really impressed me since joining the club on loan from Ross County and Gibbons looked lively when he came on against East Fife. I might also be tempted to go for a 4-4-2 with Hurst up top and Connor Duthie on the wing but Duthie is more likely to be introduced from the bench.

Really looking forward to this game. Let's hope that Stenny don't choke on the final day of the season, as they do quite often!

And yet you could finish below us :thumsup2

To be honest even if by some miracle we win on Saturday I have grave doubts that we would win the playoff  but funny things do happen as Raith can testify to Mon the City

4 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

And yet you could finish below us :thumsup2

To be honest even if by some miracle we win on Saturday I have grave doubts that we would win the playoff  but funny things do happen as Raith can testify to Mon the City

It's some laugh, isn't it. I don't think I've been as excited for a league match in years.

59 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Court saw red for less.

I think East Fife should be relegated as their fans show such a blatant disregard for punctuation (!!!)

Brechin relegated us to League 2, two seasons ago. Good to get our revenge.

Looking forward to this, Colin said in his interview that he goes into this wanting to win the game, even though a point is good enough. 

I would go with the team FF put above, but put Dickson in instead of Dingwall, haven't a clue why he's been dropped completely from the squad. Russell seems to be a good player but doesn't link our midfield to our attack, he just makes runs in between them. If we have Sean in there, he can play that role and even drop further back if he needs to, 

4 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

I would go with the team FF put above, but put Dickson in instead of Dingwall, haven't a clue why he's been dropped completely from the squad. Russell seems to be a good player but doesn't link our midfield to our attack, he just makes runs in between them. If we have Sean in there, he can play that role and even drop further back if he needs to, 

Sean Dickson won't play for Stenhousemuir again.

Court saw red for less.
Calm doon Smug ye rocket

12 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

I assume this isn't on Scotland or ALBA, and just a standard 3pm kick off?

One for the stattos but how many teams have done a double relegation from Tier 2 - 4. Can't be too many.

EDIT: Cowdenbeath obvs.

Off the top of my head: Dumbarton, Morton, Hamilton, Clyde, Cowdenbeath.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

Court saw red for less.

Ouch

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I think East Fife should be relegated as their fans show such a blatant disregard for punctuation (!!!)

Speaking of which, has anyone seen Tazz recently?

Hopefully Stenhousemuir can stay up. They looked far more impressive in the last game at Ochilview. Plus Mark Ferry deserves every success he gets.