Stevie Chalmers

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve been putting a bit of thought into this, honestly, but I really can’t think of a more important one. The goal that won the biggest competition in European football for the only Scottish side ever to win it. Go on then, which one is it for you?

Any of Joe Jordan’s goals that got Scotland to a World Cup , these goals were celebrated by a nation .

Stevie Chalmers goal although important wasn’t all that relevant to me or dare I say it to the majority of Scottish football fans 

33 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Another Celtic legend , and scorer of our clubs most important goal gone. Sad when the sporting heroes die.

R.I.P Stevie

Respectful and appropriate, this is how you do it.

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

another lion sleeps tonight.

This is not...

This would have been sad news at any time but coming right on the back of Billy McNeill's death it feels even worse. Just awful. :(

RIP Stevie. Your name will be remembered and celebrated all around the world for as long as there is a Celtic.

9 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Same. Sad times.

Any dignity-free edge-lords who want to get onto threads about a man dying and somehow make this about themselves and what they think, or push an agenda need to have a word with themselves.

Get a grip.

What agenda is being pushed?

Any of Joe Jordan’s goals that got Scotland to a World Cup , these goals were celebrated by a nation .
Stevie Chalmers goal although important wasn’t all that relevant to me or dare I say it to the majority of Scottish football fans 

Actually, I remember it feeling like a national occasion. My dad and I (Hearts and Killie fans), were jumping up and down when they won. The achievement and the way it was achieved won over most people. (Although not perhaps a certain sizeable minority). A lot of kids at my “Rangers minded” school started supporting Celtic around that time.