Stevie Chalmers

Extremely sad news.   He'd been ill for quite some time with dementia, apparently he'd gotten so bad he'd fail to recognise pictures of himself during his playing days.  With Big Billy's passing, I hope the death of the man, who scored the most important goal our game has seen, isn't overshadowed. 

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Most important goal ever in Scottish football?

Not for me.

I’ve been putting a bit of thought into this, honestly, but I really can’t think of a more important one. The goal that won the biggest competition in European football for the only Scottish side ever to win it. Go on then, which one is it for you?

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Not for me.

Out of interest, what would you have in front of it?

For me it's importance is not just in what it meant at the time, but the repercussions since. Aside from winning the European Cup for a Scottish side, it also probably guaranteed the Old Firm arms race that followed as Rangers tried to live up to what Celtic had done. More so an issue from the mid/late 80's when Murray took over at Rangers and spent absolute fortunes in a bid to emulate it, which led to the EBT era when he could no longer afford to bankroll them outright. The repercussions domestically were huge. In European/World terms it also signalled the start of Northern Europe being the major force in the club game at the elite level, where Southern European sides had dominated until then.

Most important goal in Celtic’s history. Hugh Murray’s goal for St Mirren at Stirling was, to me, the most important goal in Scottish football history....

...to be serious though, RIP. One of the greats, in a truly great side.

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

another lion sleeps tonight.

Image result for vomiting gif

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Not for me.

It must be one of their little things. They like those.

Edited by 7-2