Arbroath vs Dumbarton - Trophy Day

"We're no celebrating because we won it easy" is a fairly baffling logic, but who am I to say you're wrong. Best of luck to you boys next season.

But we have celebrated.... plenty. It's been won for months

Still though have a pop all you want

The journey not the destination is thing. It’s been an anticlimax for a while. Delighted at the achievement/destination for a bit but celebration is best in limited doses. Delighted the drawn out end of season is over and looking forward to the extended break without playoffs and eventually resuming the journey next season

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm actually quite surprised at Boris, he always seemed keen to impress and put a lot of effort in. No great loss though.

All he had was energy and an ability to leap much higher than his height would suggest. In last week's match he produced three of the worst first touches I've seen in senior football, including one that prevented him going straight through on goal.

My heart goes out to the Arbroath fans and their anti-climatic end to the season. On top of that month where they lost a couple of games it's been a tough year for the poor basturts.

Some achievement considering the manager doesn't know what he's doing, as per Arbroath fans during that tough month. They really deserve all the success in the world.

1 hour ago, Gayf78 said:

Think you’re forgetting a certain bobby linn.

I can only assume you're having a laugh :lol: Bobby Linn has had a great season (possibly the best of his career?) but he isn't at the same standard. If Dom had been in a good side he'd have won POTY comfortably . But in a side like ours it has been difficult and he still managed to get nominated for the award.

I can only assume you're having a laugh :lol: Bobby Linn has had a great season (possibly the best of his career?) but he isn't at the same standard. If Dom had been in a good side he'd have won POTY comfortably . But in a side like ours it has been difficult and he still managed to get nominated for the award.

Bobby Linn this season has been ridiculous. 100 percent wouldn't have even considered swapping him for Thomas, who's clearly a very good player

14 minutes ago, Neilly said:

My heart goes out to the Arbroath fans and their anti-climatic end to the season. On top of that month where they lost a couple of games it's been a tough year for the poor basturts.

Some achievement considering the manager doesn't know what he's doing, as per Arbroath fans during that tough month. They really deserve all the success in the world.

You dinnae half come away with some shite.

Dom Thomas is the best player in the league. There is not any doubt in that. We would be relegated without him.

Linn, Nisbet, Thomas, there sorted it for you

7 minutes ago, ecto said:

Linn, Nisbet, Thomas, there sorted it for you

Linn's obviously an outstanding League One player but, at 33, he's never really played above this level with any great success. There's not a chance I'd have swapped DT (a guy who is proven as a good Championship player fwiw) for either Bobby Linn or Kevin Nisbet (who we had in the Championship last season, albeit under Stevie Aitken and his remarkable ability to sap the life from attacking players).

Dom Thomas will have a better career than Bobby Linn. And you can quote me on this when, at 33, he's playing for Cumbernauld Colts after unsuccessful spells at about 15 different clubs on his slide down the pyramid :lol:

Bobby Linn's had the best season of any player in the league. Of that there is no debate. Dom Thomas is the best player in the league though, and that's why he's the only one of the three you've mentioned who is contracted to a Premiership club.

1 minute ago, afc_36_0 said:

Dom thomas will have his time, but this is bobby linn’s

100% this. Bobby Linn deserves the plaudits for having such a good season and I'd like to see him win POTY too as he won't get a better shot at it imo. But Dom is the better player out of the two and will have a better career at a higher level.

“Arbroath aren’t a good footballing team.”

”Dom Thomas, easily the best player in the league.”

The best part about going up will be getting rid of this absolutely turgid Dumbarton patter for at least a year. 

Edited by Mexico

7 minutes ago, Mexico said:

“Arbroath aren’t a good footballing team.”

”Dom Thomas, easily the best player in the league.”

The best part about going up will be getting rid of this absolutely turgid Dumbarton patter for a least a year. 

Shock as football fans think a player they watch every week playing for the team they support is better than a player playing for a team they watch four times a season and don't support.

Some of you guys are awfully touchy.