Debate Night

sophia

46 minutes ago, sophia said:

Only a buffoon would base a view on the relative performances of the panelists on a short clip.

Reviewing the complete broadcast would allow any objective viewer the opportunity to identify three shouty panelists.

Here's a clue, Ms Riddoch is not one of them.

What she very eloquently voiced was the comparison of up front tax in Scandinavia versus the myriad  of sneaky UK taxes and if you factor in poor delivery, it made me think about getting beyond the lazy and scary "do you really want a high tax economy model?".

She was shouty in the clip though, which is what I was referring to.

In saying that, it wasn't the only time she came across dreadfully.  She was horrible especially at around the 45:55 mark.  The irony of her blatantly dodging questions only to accuse the guy of doing the same thing?  Even the audience groaned at her teacheresque ‘ahm right and you’re wrong’ telling off.

Riddoch is actually very partisan and even nasty at times.  I listen to her podcast regularly and wee Pat seems scared of her.

She's only 59 apparently?!

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

• 1 year later...

Thought last night's questions/ discussion points were quite good and debated well and with courtesy. A surreal point is I'm sure one of the questions was from someone I last saw in goals for Hibs when they lost 5 0 to Aberdeen when Alex Ferguson won his first title!

• 3 weeks later...