Aberdeen v Celtic...Pittodrie title party?

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

^^^didnt pay his DNA dues. 

AberDNA is for VLs. 

As an aside, was with some friends and the DNA scheme was brought up. Pal of mine got a bollocking from his Mrs as she never knew he was funnelling 20 quid a month away to AFC. Some boi. 

I've given pretty much zilch to AFC this season considering I mostly go to away games and use my parent's ST when I'm up in Aberdeen. I'm still as committed a fan, I still care just as much. I post on  here enough, and consume as much fitba-content as possible. It's just too fkn expensive/time consuming for me to go more regularly. I prefer the atmosphere of away days to going to Pittodrie. 

I mean I could cut out the 5 or 6 pre match pints each time but cmon, where's the fun in that? If I'm going, I'm going. 

This season I've seen us win at Ibrox, beat Rangers at Hampden, score a last minute equaliser against Rangers at home,  ticked off two new grounds in Almondvale and Ochilview. We've won more than we've lost and I've seen players I like play some nice football at times. That's plenty for me. Of course I'd like us to win the cup and challenge Celtic but there's always next year. 

Shocking there’s not even a 50/50 ticket split for this with all the empty seats there are going to be in the Aberdeen end. I went to the Celtic v Wolfsburg friendly a couple of years ago and I don’t qualify whereas Aberdeen fans who haven’t even signed up to their DNA service can get a ticket no bother.

Shocking there’s not even a 50/50 ticket split for this with all the empty seats there are going to be in the Aberdeen end. I went to the Celtic v Wolfsburg friendly a couple of years ago and I don’t qualify whereas Aberdeen fans who haven’t even signed up to their DNA service can get a ticket no bother.

Cool story.

18 hours ago, betting competition said:

Can understand why a few dons fans don't want to go to this game, it is very unlikely we get a point never mind a win to stop Celtic. If Celtic are winning I'll be way out of there before full time - bad enough when Rangers won the league in 1987.  

4130A358-37BB-473D-8853-9E7F4FE04248.jpeg

AberDNA is for VLs. 
As an aside, was with some friends and the DNA scheme was brought up. Pal of mine got a bollocking from his Mrs as she never knew he was funnelling 20 quid a month away to AFC. Some boi. 

"Can we have some more money please?"
"What for?"
"Ach you know. Stuff."
"Aye sound go on then."

Dicks.

I’ve never understood why people get upset about DNA.

It was always a donation to the club to put towards the football budget. Which has increased as you’d expect.

You can argue about how the money has been spent clearly but the club hasn’t deceived anyone here.

Aside from some of the toing and froing posts on this thread about who is going/not going to this match, having a look at the tickets still available for the match, there is not a single home section sold out at this fairly late stage. From a business point of view, can any of our fans complain if the club gives the two South Stand sections taken back from Rangers and Celtic fans, back to them next season. If Aberdeen fans don’t fill the stadium, then there’s enough of these north east gloryhunters to certainly fill these two sections. The club have given the fans what they wanted, and the fans have not responded.

I’ve never understood why people get upset about DNA.

It was always a donation to the club to put towards the football budget. Which has increased as you’d expect.

You can argue about how the money has been spent clearly but the club hasn’t deceived anyone here.

Aye exactly. It’s not for me, but I wouldn’t want to deny any poor fools the privilege of donating their cash.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Aside from some of the toing and froing posts on this thread about who is going/not going to this match, having a look at the tickets still available for the match, there is not a single home section sold out at this fairly late stage. From a business point of view, can any of our fans complain if the club gives the two South Stand sections taken back from Rangers and Celtic fans, back to them next season. If Aberdeen fans don’t fill the stadium, then there’s enough of these north east gloryhunters to certainly fill these two sections. The club have given the fans what they wanted, and the fans have not responded.

Our fans have "responded" with good turnouts against Rangers and Celtic in every game between the sides at Pittodrie so far this season.

It's hardly a big shock that some fans aren't going to be feeling the same enthusiasm for a game against the best team in the country, when we have a huge list of injuries and suspensions, which will very likely result in Celtic winning the title in our own backyard.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The club have not given the fans the league placing or performances they wanted and the fans have responded. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

There is a apathy around Aberdeen at the moment with most thinking this is a disappointing season not winning a cup and falling from 2nd in the league .  The expectation levels have  been raised but there are now seeing a dip compared to the last 5 seasons under McInnes. 

With regards to attendances just because we don't sell out doesn't mean the board should give Rangers/Celtic more tickets. I would only give them 900 in the new stadium as that is all they give us.

This will please all the Celtic supporters at Pittodrie on Saturday. Shay hopes to be back for this match. Certainly pleases me, as we’ll  get Ball into midfield.

Edited by kingjoey

I'm not one for playing youth just for the sake of it, but I'd probably rather get some minutes into Ross than May or Stewart now. You know what you are likely going to get from both of those guys in this type of game - plenty of huff and puff from May, but no quality; no huff and puff from Stewart, and also no quality. It might be too much too soon for Ross, but at least it's a young guy getting some experience and an idea of the level he should be aiming for in the future. 

Similar feelings about why we should be playing Campbell over Gleeson.