Aberdeen v Celtic...Pittodrie title party?

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m presuming that since all the Celtic fans on here keep insisting that every Aberdeen supporter voted “no”, you will agree with everyone else that all Celtic supporters are IRA supporting terrorist sympathisers.

They are.

Another point about the classless bunch of reprobates in the away end yesterday. Derek McInnes went to great lengths on Friday, the day before a big game for his club, to show the greatest respect to a gentleman of the game, Billy McNeil, by attending his funeral. Then the best fans in the world bombard him with sectarianism abuse. 

Haven't seen the Sky coverage yet, but I believe that they turned their crowd mics off when the abuse was going on. Why? Surely everyone agrees that this is the type of thing that should be highlighted to the nation. Are they wanting to pretend it didn’t happen?

Another point about the classless bunch of reprobates in the away end yesterday. Derek McInnes went to great lengths on Friday, the day before a big game for his club, to show the greatest respect to a gentleman of the game, Billy McNeil, by attending his funeral. Then the best fans in the world bombard him with sectarianism abuse. 
Haven't seen the Sky coverage yet, but I believe that they turned their crowd mics off when the abuse was going on. Why? Surely everyone agrees that this is the type of thing that should be highlighted to the nation. Are they wanting to pretend it didn’t happen?
"sectarian" [emoji23]

1 minute ago, The OP said:

I'll be accused of whataboutery again but it can't be pointed out enough that a lot of them actually called Steven Gerrard a sad *********** this fucking year.  :lol:

Doesn't make it alright.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

I utterly condemn the arseholes in our support who sang that. I have never read any Celtic fan in here condemn their fans sectarianism and support for terrorism.

I'll be accused of whataboutery again but it can't be pointed out enough that a lot of them actually called Steven Gerrard a sad *********** this fucking year.  :lol:

A classless bunch of reprobates is the acceptable  description of such fans i believe  

Some fans did, and that was wrong as well. My point was that Derek McInnes went out of his way to respect a Celtic legend, and fans of that great club went out of their way to disrespect him the following day. 

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

That was roundly condemned by Dons' fans on here right after it fucking happened. :1eye

Absolutely. Can’t remember one Dons fan on here that didn’t condemn the song against Gerrard.

A story in a Sunday newspaper that “Celtic may face an SPFL probe after their fans again targeted Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes with sectarian abuse”. Not just us that know that what the whole of the away support sang yesterday was sectarian.

A story in a Sunday newspaper that “Celtic may face an SPFL probe after their fans again targeted Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes with sectarian abuse”. Not just us that know that what the whole of the away support sang yesterday was sectarian.

Well if an unnamed Sunday newspaper says its sectarian then it must be.

10 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Doesn't make it alright.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

I utterly condemn the arseholes in our support who sang that. I have never read any Celtic fan in here condemn their fans sectarianism and support for terrorism.

They still arent condemning it, on this very thread. Instead theyd rather debate what's sectarian and what's not.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

They still arent condemning it, on this very thread. Instead theyd rather debate what's sectarian and what's not.

I utterly condemn the singing of that terrible song. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I avoid any *********** chants because I believe that they are sectarian and out of step with modern society. That being said, do you believe that Derek McInnes is labelled an *********** by a large section of the Celtic support (in the same way as the entire Aberdeen away support with which you have no association with and which you utterly condemn label Steven Gerrard the same thing) principally because he is Protestant or because he used to play for Rangers?

I also suspect Derek McInnes cares a lot about this issue not because he feels he is discriminated against so much as he feels that one win against Celtic in around 17 games is frustrating and being mocked upon defeat is moreso. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’d like to know why they think it isn’t sectarian, yet everyone else in the world know it is. How do they justify it not being sectarian?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I have been pretty consistent in my opinion that sectarianism is overblown as an issue and I don't feel being called a ****** b*****d a lot at school has actually limited me in any way shape or form in modern Scottish society. 

Edit - obviously the asterisks are hiding the word handsome. 

Edited by The OP