Aberdeen v Celtic...Pittodrie title party?

1 minute ago, The OP said:

I avoid any *********** chants because I believe that they are sectarian and out of step with modern society. That being said, do you believe that Derek McInnes is labelled an *********** by a large section of the Celtic support (in the same way as the entire Aberdeen away support with which you have no association with and which you utterly condemn label Steven Gerrard the same thing) principally because he is Protestant or because he used to play for Rangers?

I also suspect Derek McInnes cares a lot about this issue not because he feels he is discriminated against so much as he feels that one win against Celtic in around 17 games is frustrating and being mocked upon defeat is moreso. 

You’re good, you really are. You are the very definition of a Celtic supporter.

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I have been pretty consistent in my opinion that sectarianism is overblown as an issue and I don't feel being called a ****** b*****d a lot at school has actually limited me in any way shape or form in modern Scottish society. 

Edit - obviously the asterisks are hiding the word handsome. 

Sectarianism should have NO place in a modern Scottish society.

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I have been pretty consistent in my opinion that sectarianism is overblown as an issue and I don't feel being called a ****** b*****d a lot at school has actually limited me in any way shape or form in modern Scottish society. 

I would also argue that the term f***** isnt really sectarian either given plenty of them weren't catholic.

Im all for punishing sectarian and racial abuse but we do need to define what is and isn’t first. 

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would also argue that the term f***** isnt really sectarian either given plenty of them weren't catholic.

Im all for punishing sectarian and racial abuse but we do need to define what is and isn’t first. 

I mean whether something is offensive is a moveable feast depending on context and intent and there is no doubt that the Celtic supporters wanted to offend Beardy McFud by singing that song. It's not fair to label him an *********** without evidence and it indicates a mindset that all Scottish prods are Orange, which is dangerous thinking given Protestantism is generally benign (so far as religions go) and Orangeism is a hateful movement. By the same token, I don't really think it's worth giving that much of a f**k about and I am reluctant to make an I UTTERLY CONDEMN THEM statement when I fully intend to continue supporting Celtic and generally disliking people who used to play for Rangers. 

Edited by The OP

Trying to reason with any of the Celtic supporters on here is like banging your head off a brick wall. Not one of them has acknowledged that Derek McInnes was due a tad of respect after showing the greatest of respect to their greatest ever captain. 

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Doesn't make it alright.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

I utterly condemn the arseholes in our support who sang that. I have never read any Celtic fan in here condemn their fans sectarianism and support for terrorism.

Many Aberdeen fans on this very forum insisted them singing the exact same song to Steven Gerrard was just 'banter' and not sectarian, but it is so if Celtic fans sing it, they actually said that...

....a song is only sectarian if sung by one set of people but harmless banter when the exact same song sung by another set of people. 

7 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Many Aberdeen fans on this very forum insisted them singing the exact same song to Steven Gerrard was just 'banter' and not sectarian, but it is so if Celtic fans sing it, they actually said that...

....a song is only sectarian if sung by one set of people but harmless banter when the exact same song sung by another set of people. 

Which Aberdeen fans on here dismissed singing that song as banter? Don’t remember one, and if there was one, they were in a massive minority.

Edited by kingjoey

9 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Name names rather than make sweeping generalisations or in more blunt terms put up or shut up

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

Name names rather than make sweeping generalisations or in more blunt terms put up or shut up

"CBA", "not too difficult to find","I'm not doing your work for you", "everybody knows who they are", "the posts are there for everyone to see", etc, etc

I also think that, for all I find him annoying and worthy of a slagging, McInnes is one guy who has really washed off the Rangers association and really doesn't deserve abuse based upon his prior association and background. 

11 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Is the reason this song is considered sectarian because it mentions a sectarian organisation in it?

Nah I consider it sectarian because of the broad brush approach - McInnes is not in the OO, I would stake my mortgage on that. He gets called an *********** nonetheless because he played for Rangers and probably because his background is (assumedly) Protestant. Chris Burke probably wouldn't get called an *********** if he went into management*, although I may be wrong about that. 

*Although perversely, I think Nacho Novo or the like probably would. :lol:

Edited by The OP

Tierney gloating about winning another Scottish title, while his apparent contemporary Andy Robertson puts in a MOM performance at the Nou Camp and helps his team leapfrog one of the best league teams in English football history.
Hes wasting his talent, and will end up like Scott Brown. A big fish in a small pond who wasted any potential as they shat out challenging themselves. 
What a lot of pish.

He's 21, winning trophies for the club he loves and playing in Europe regularly. At 21, Roberston was playing in that horrendous English Championship for Hull having played for Queens Park and Dundee United and won f**k all.

He has the potential to be better than Robertson and plenty of time to make his move.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
12 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:
Rarely been calmer, but realise that this is one of your three (at best) standard responses.
Must be kind of hard being so limited in the English language 

^^^ heads gone

One more and it's bingo