Cowdenbeath vs The Proper Champions

43 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Isn't a dirty player emoji23.png

He fouled Lang 4 times then barged into him when he was already off the pitch. He was lucky not to get sent off during the game.

You then have him trying to square go Lang at full time and try to swing a punch at his own player. Your player done well to get him up the tunnel.

He's very much Cowdenbeath's version of Nicol but for whatever reason Cox lost the plot today.

:lol: rattled as f**k. 

In all seriousness, it’s embarrassing hating someone cause they committed too many fouls on a football pitch but singing the name of rapists and racists. Imagine that was actually your life. A grown man having that thought process. Wild.

Had a great read of this thread just now. Cowdenbeath had the AUDACITY to celebrate a goal in front of the away fans. I'm amazed that our players haven't been arrested.

You're coming across as bad as Cove last season almost....

Had a great read of this thread just now. Cowdenbeath had the AUDACITY to celebrate a goal in front of the away fans. I'm amazed that our players haven't been arrested.

Too far! That lot are in a league of their own. Hopefully Berwick do the unthinkable.

Imagine how boring football would be without guys like Cox, its someone celebrating a goal at the football for f**k sake get a grip

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was a Clyde player winding up away fans who could potentially win the league at their ground then you'd be loving it, especially if they away fans just turned up expecting to win

still no answer why not in front of the cowdenbeath fans ? suppose it's quite flattering that they would rather try and wind us up than go to the cowdenbeath fans [emoji23]
or maybe they couldn't find any [emoji23]

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Imagine how boring football would be without guys like Cox, its someone celebrating a goal at the football for f**k sake get a grip

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was a Clyde player winding up away fans who could potentially win the league at their ground then you'd be loving it, especially if they away fans just turned up expecting to win

Their whole team celebrated in front of us and, to be honest, I just laughed at it. Would be loving it if it were the other way around. However, Cox was getting involved with our players for the entire game and leaving feet and elbows in, even going as far as blindsiding one of our players after barging him onto the concrete track. He's a guy who plays on the edge and I don't have a problem with that, but quite often he crosses the line and he did so a few times today - particularly at the end when he even ended up swinging at his own captain and having to be wrestled away towards the tunnel by his manager. 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I agree, I love it when players wind up fans.

However, after a game where Cox treaded a fine line and could easily have picked up a second yellow, he completely lost the plot at full-time. The only reason he didn't get a red was the referee somehow missing the fact a rammy was taking place. He swung a punch at his own captain, picked a fight with half the Clyde team and had to be taken down the tunnel by Bollan. It was embarrassing.

1 minute ago, David W said:

I agree, I love it when players wind up fans.

However, after a game where Cox treaded a fine line and could easily have picked up a second yellow, he completely lost the plot at full-time. The only reason he didn't get a red was the referee somehow missing the fact a rammy was taking place. He swung a punch at his own captain, picked a fight with half the Clyde team and had to be taken down the tunnel by Bollan. It was embarrassing.

You were embarrassed?

Their whole team celebrated in front of us and, to be honest, I just laughed at it. Would be loving it if it were the other way around. However, Cox was getting involved with our players for the entire game and leaving feet and elbows in, even going as far as blindsiding one of our players after barging him onto the concrete track. He's a guy who plays on the edge and I don't have a problem with that, but quite often he crosses the line and he did so a few times today - particularly at the end when he even ended up swinging at his own captain and having to be wrestled away towards the tunnel by his manager. 

Good. What you should do. Bobby Barr gave it the GIRUY gesture to Arbroath fans a couple month back. Funniest thing ever, watching fully grown adults start foaming at the mouth over it was hilarious

The rest of that is for the ref and the officials to deal with. I refuse to believe that Clyde players haven't done similar over the season especially with a guy like Nicol in your team. Every team needs that kind of player

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

lichtie, to be honest, after I’d calmed down, I have to say I’ve no problem with players like Cox winding up away fans. He got pelters from us so why shouldnt he give some back ? I think what done it for the Clyde fans was his meltdown at full time. It was totally bizarre and completely out of proportion to anything that happened beforehand. I’ve nothing against the guy per se. I actually have admiration for his openness about his illness. He did act like a cock though ! 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Good. What you should do. Bobby Barr gave it the GIRUY gesture to Arbroath fans a couple month back. Funniest thing ever, watching fully grown adults start foaming at the mouth over it was hilarious

The rest of that is for the ref and the officials to deal with. I refuse to believe that Clyde players haven't done similar over the season especially with a guy like Nicol in your team. Every team needs that kind of player

No football team is full of angels, but we don't have a single player anywhere near as volatile as Cox - even including Nicoll. Unfortunately, the big man isn't quite the force he used to be and there are a few too many miles on the clock now. He's hardly played for us since November, save for substitute appearances when we've been seeing out wins, and only returned recently from a collar bone break. He's done us a good turn over the last season and a half but he doesn't really fit into a good footballing side like ours any more.

still no answer why not in front of the cowdenbeath fans ? suppose it's quite flattering that they would rather try and wind us up than go to the cowdenbeath fans [emoji23]
or maybe they couldn't find any [emoji23]
I couldn't give two shits if a Cowden player celebrates in front of our fans or winds up the away fans so much that they come across as slavering idiots 6 hours after the game.

they haven't done it they always run to the Clyde support why would I want them to run and celebrate in front of away fans ?
you weren't there today the stuff at the end of the game was unnecessary I've no problem players giving us the GIRUY if they are getting stick but there was virtually nothing

1 minute ago, Larry Hood said:

For a guy who "just wants to play football" David Cox has a very unusual mindset. 

Lucky to be still on the park at half-time, could very easily have cost Cowdenbeath the game.

How does he have an unusual mindset? Football is literally about beating your opponent and what you are insinuating is utterly embarrassing. I’d be embarrassed if I was you. You’re genuinely upset as someone celebrated too hard :lol: