Cowdenbeath vs The Proper Champions

I would say that Clyde are the best of the four teams in the playoffs, but the playoffs are notoriously unpredictable. I actually thought Nicholl played ok and was surprised when he was subbed  win the ball pass it to a team mate what's wrong with that? We will have him if you don't  want him. The big away support made for  a great atmosphere and the players responded with a really competitive match.

Just now, sydney said:

I’m concerned about the playoffs but not for the reason you suggest Pele. I don’t think our players have a mentality problem in terms of thinking they should win because they finished second, etc...I think the mental strength they’ve shown since the points blow and being so far behind only to win 8 and draw 1 from 9 tells us that. What worries me is the loss of the influence of Rankin (who has been immense) and the potential loss now of Cuddihy (our POTY) who went off today with a hamstring injury. Add to that, the fact that both our captain (broken collar bone) and Goodwillie (broken arm) haven’t quite got back to where they were  makes me bloody nervous. 

Rankin missing is a big blow. DGW looked poor today.

1 minute ago, sydney said:

I’m concerned about the playoffs but not for the reason you suggest Pele. I don’t think our players have a mentality problem in terms of thinking they should win because they finished second, etc...I think the mental strength they’ve shown since the points blow and being so far behind only to win 8 and draw 1 from 9 tells us that. What worries me is the loss of the influence of Rankin (who has been immense) and the potential loss now of Cuddihy (our POTY) who went off today with a hamstring injury. Add to that, the fact that both our captain (broken collar bone) and Goodwillie (broken arm) haven’t quite got back to where they were  makes me bloody nervous. 

Totally agree.  It was at set pieces today that we really missed Rankin.  His loss, with the loss of Cuddihy concerns me.

9 minutes ago, sydney said:

He was poor Pele but to be honest Messi would have been poor with the service he got

Like Allan for us. Really effective player, but he gets no service. The one time he got an opportunity, he sets up the winning goal.

Might be mistaken, but hasn't Danny Lennon got a 100% record in the play-offs? 3 out of 3 successful attempts. 2 promotions with us and saved Alloa from the drop in the other one (when we let Livingston sneak past us at the death) to relegate us.

Can he make it 4 out of 4? That's another reason why I think it's not Clyde this time.

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:
26 minutes ago, PELE said:
I think Cox is brilliant and a nightmare to play against.

The guy's a wee shite...... that every team in L2 would love to have. Excellent player.

He gives everyone grief, but isn't a dirty player. He is great to watch and brightens up what is often a dull game.

6 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
33 minutes ago, PELE said:
I think Cox is brilliant and a nightmare to play against.

The guy's a wee shite...... that every team in L2 would love to have. Excellent player.

Said before that I thought he was a decent player (excellent is a wee bit of a stretch !). The kind of player that home fans love but opposition fans absolutely detest. And so it proved today ......

He gives everyone grief, but isn't a dirty player. He is great to watch and brightens up what is often a dull game.
Isn't a dirty player [emoji23]

He fouled Lang 4 times then barged into him when he was already off the pitch. He was lucky not to get sent off during the game.

You then have him trying to square go Lang at full time and try to swing a punch at his own player. Your player done well to get him up the tunnel.

He's very much Cowdenbeath's version of Nicol but for whatever reason Cox lost the plot today.

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:

Isn't a dirty player emoji23.png

He fouled Lang 4 times then barged into him when he was already off the pitch. He was lucky not to get sent off during the game.

You then have him trying to square go Lang at full time and try to swing a punch at his own player. Your player done well to get him up the tunnel.

He's very much Cowdenbeath's version of Nicol but for whatever reason Cox lost the plot today.

You are just jealous.

wouldn't get anywhere near our starting 11 that's why he is playing with the a team that's 31 points behind us

You are just jealous.
obviously as are the other 36 teams that are above you ok you got your reaction well done were off to the play offs you concentrate on you at best mediocre div 2 squad of Footballing giants [emoji23]

20 minutes ago, PELE said:

Might be mistaken, but hasn't Danny Lennon got a 100% record in the play-offs? 3 out of 3 successful attempts. 2 promotions with us and saved Alloa from the drop in the other one (when we let Livingston sneak past us at the death) to relegate us.

Can he make it 4 out of 4? That's another reason why I think it's not Clyde this time.

Was the first play off not a loss to Stenny but we went up because of Gretna or Livi?

Happened to be looking that way at the final whistle. Cox went to shake hands with Lang who said something and pushed him away Cox pushed him back  then one of the Clyde coaching staff rushed on and gave Cox a mouthful, and then the head was off, and he had to be dragged away.

1 minute ago, iateallthepies said:

Happened to be looking that way at the final whistle. Cox went to shake hands with Lang who said something and pushed him away Cox pushed him back  then one of the Clyde coaching staff rushed on and gave Cox a mouthful, and then the head was off, and he had to be dragged away.

Pretty much that 

13 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Was the first play off not a loss to Stenny but we went up because of Gretna or Livi?

It was when Livi went into administration and were bunged down to the 3rd division, a lucky break for us and Danny.

It's great to see Cowden finish in a good 6th position after the psychodrama of the past few seasons. Hopefully something that can be built upon for next season when I should be able to get to games again.

I haven't visited p and b much for a while but the Clyde posters are quality.  As always some good posts but the arrogant ones really make me laugh.  Assuming they will waltz through the play offs despite just losing fairly deservedly ,by all accounts, to a team in the bottom half of the final table.  Good luck in the play offs anyway guys.

5 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

It's great to see Cowden finish in a good 6th position after the psychodrama of the past few seasons. Hopefully something that can be built upon for next season when I should be able to get to games again.

I haven't visited p and b much for a while but the Clyde posters are quality.  As always some good posts but the arrogant ones really make me laugh.  Assuming they will waltz through the play offs despite just losing fairly deservedly ,by all accounts, to a team in the bottom half of the final table.  Good luck in the play offs anyway guys.

Cowdenbeath have done well considering where you were. Bloody hard team to play against with one or two decent players thrown in. Recent record is excellent so you should be confident for next season. 

I have to say that I was a wee bit annoyed with some Beath fans GIRUY gestures today considering most Clyde fans, myself included, wished your club well when you were in the playoffs and staring into the abyss in the recent past. But hey, I guess that’s the way it goes. Games get you like that. 

Awe the best.