Cowdenbeath vs The Proper Champions

I think Annan will win the play offs. Don't think they are anything special, but I think they will get the luck when they need it. Edinburgh City look like they have run out of steam and Clyde look like they are starting to implode. Seem to think they are far better than they actually are. Can't really comment on Stenny though.
oh well may as well pack it in for the play offs the fife Oracle has declared we are imploding [emoji16]

Just now, the_bully_wee said:

One on-the-field loss in twenty-five games and we are starting to implode? An odd take on things. Injuries to two key players could hamper us, but we have done anything but implode.

I said starting to implode. A few of your team getting ratty with each other. 

1 minute ago, PELE said:

And a few of yours were fighting with each other.  Have to say that I like your style Pele, but I still would love to know why the team that has been playing at a higher level, the one you cannot comment on, will not put up a fight against lower league opposition, leading to Annan winning the playoffs.  That sounds as logical as your players fighting each other at the end of the game.

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

I can understand that it may appear that way, but they've been the same with one another all season - demanding the best from one another and not allowing individual or collective standards to drop off without words being had. That's a big part of what has made us so imperious these last six months.

3 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

You can't comment on Stenny, but Annan will win the playoffs?  I would be keen to hear what has led you to that conclusion.

We were not at the races at all today and took what we deserved from the game.  Nothing.  I do feel though that the ref lost control of the game.  And why was Cox fighting with other Cowdenbeath players?  

And slag us all you like, but you must have loved the colour of our money?

Well, I haven't seen Stenny this season. Only my opinion anyway and I didn't slag off Clyde.

And a few of yours were fighting with each other.  Have to say that I like your style Pele, but I still would love to know why the team that has been playing at a higher level, the one you cannot comment on, will not put up a fight against lower league opposition, leading to Annan winning the playoffs.  That sounds as logical as your players fighting each other at the end of the game.

I can't say much about Stenny, as it's a few seasons since I have seen them. However, plenty of teams in their position come down. I just get the feeling that Annan will sneak up this time.

I can't say much about Stenny, as it's a few seasons since I have seen them. However, plenty of teams in their position come down. I just get the feeling that Annan will sneak up this time.
you like to comment on our players arguing with each other but don't want to comment on your own players ?

It is true to say that Central Park is not the best - a bit like watching football in a concentration camp through those wires.  But it has some redeeming qualities - decent stewards, not bad food, and the toilet facilities are a lot better than many.

I think Annan will win the play offs. Don't think they are anything special, but I think they will get the luck when they need it. Edinburgh City look like they have run out of steam and Clyde look like they are starting to implode. Seem to think they are far better than they actually are. Can't really comment on Stenny though.

Got a feeling Annan will beat Stenhousemuir and Edinburgh City will beat Clyde.

3 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
6 minutes ago, PELE said:

you like to comment on our players arguing with each other but don't want to comment on your own players ?

Why was Cox fighting with his team mates?

I actually think Cox is a decent player to be honest. His ‘playing on the edge’ is very much part of his game. Take that away and I think he’d be much less of an influence. He must be terrible to play against and he certainly winds up the away support. 

I did think today that he was lucky to finish the game without a red. Was raging at the guy but, in the cold light of a few drinks, it made not a jot of difference and at least gave us something to shout about. 

He doesn’t like us very much though ! Lol

2 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
5 minutes ago, PELE said:

Our season is finished. What happened in the league is irrelevant now. It's down to how you handle the pressure of the play-offs. All the play-off teams start equal. You don't get a goal start because you nearly won the league or Annan struggled against you. I think some of your players need to get that clear in their heads.

1 minute ago, PELE said:

Our season is finished. What happened in the league is irrelevant now. It's down to how you handle the pressure of the play-offs. All the play-off teams start equal. You don't get a goal start because you nearly won the league or Annan struggled against you. I think some of your players need to get that clear in their heads.

What makes you think that our players don't have that clear in their heads?

You only need to see what the Stirling Albion fan said about Cox a few days ago to see that he's not the arsehole as portrayed by some precious Clyde fans. He's a pantomime villain and he's clearly got the number of a few players. I hated him playing against us incidentally.

What makes you think that our players don't have that clear in their heads?

We will see over the next few weeks.

3 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

You only need to see what the Stirling Albion fan said about Cox a few days ago to see that he's not the arsehole as portrayed by some precious Clyde fans. He's a pantomime villain and he's clearly got the number of a few players. I hated him playing against us incidentally.

I think Cox is brilliant and a nightmare to play against.

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

I’m concerned about the playoffs but not for the reason you suggest Pele. I don’t think our players have a mentality problem in terms of thinking they should win because they finished second, etc...I think the mental strength they’ve shown since the points blow and being so far behind only to win 8 and draw 1 from 9 tells us that. What worries me is the loss of the influence of Rankin (who has been immense) and the potential loss now of Cuddihy (our POTY) who went off today with a hamstring injury. Add to that, the fact that both our captain (broken collar bone) and Goodwillie (broken arm) haven’t quite got back to where they were  makes me bloody nervous.