Cowdenbeath vs The Proper Champions

1. Correct. You got there eventually [emoji1303]
2. As much as opposition fans would revel to climax at that prospect, no thanks. I’m sure you’ll understand why I politely decline the promotion advice of a Cowdenbeath fan [emoji4]
3. I’ll bet you are! It’ll be near impossible to go back to watching whatever you call that which you are accustomed to after your footballing experience yesterday

Cowden have had 2 promotions to the Championship in the last 10 year never mind League 1

It’s a shame that Clyde posters just can’t take a defeat like every other club in this league. Yes they would have been disappointed at the game, but the result made no difference in the end. They should be more concerned about the performance of some of their players. DGW had a meltdown half way through the second half, screaming at one after a bad pass, then spent the rest of the game shaking his head.

1. Correct. You got there eventually [emoji1303]
2. As much as opposition fans would revel to climax at that prospect, no thanks. I’m sure you’ll understand why I politely decline the promotion advice of a Cowdenbeath fan [emoji4]
3. I’ll bet you are! It’ll be near impossible to go back to watching whatever you call that which you are accustomed to after your footballing experience yesterday
Have Cowden not been promoted 3 or 4 times since Clyde last went up a league?

It’s a shame that Clyde posters just can’t take a defeat like every other club in this league. Yes they would have been disappointed at the game, but the result made no difference in the end. They should be more concerned about the performance of some of their players. DGW had a meltdown half way through the second half, screaming at one after a bad pass, then spent the rest of the game shaking his head.

Don’t blame him, we were awful yesterday, simply can’t play on that tiny park!

Onwards to playoffs then!

Surely not? Aren't all Clyde players angels who perform professionally at all times?

We were crap yesterday and got exactly what we deserved - 0 points. It makes it a but easier to take that Peterhead won but much improvement needed for the playoffs. 

Re the abuse Cox has received from Clyde fans over the years, I've honestly never heard him getting any abuse or jibes over his personal situation at Broadwood or Galabank. Yesterday was the first where you could say he was targeted but he was winding fans up so that's what started it rather than any history of abuse.

The comments re suicide etc. are a low blow especially when we lost one of our own through mental health issues recently...

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cowden have had 2 promotions to the Championship in the last 10 year never mind League 1

I’m that time the Bully Wee have been cemented in the basement league.

Suppose it makes it understandable how over excited they got yesterday and then their inability to accept failure. Probably the biggest game the younger half of their support has ever been to.

I’m that time the Bully Wee have been cemented in the basement league.
Suppose it makes it understandable how over excited they got yesterday and then their inability to accept failure. Probably the biggest game the younger half of their support has ever been to.
correct and have retained a reasonably good fanbase the club had 10 years paying back our debts unlike most of Scottish football who simply went into admin and wrote it off , a mistake in my book , we are getting back and can still have a chance of promotion, the turn out yesterday showed that the fans are right behind the club . The future looks a lot brighter and the club is progressing nicely [emoji106]

of course when we lose we don't like it [emoji23]

I prefer to see our players celebrate with supporters but would have no issue if they gave a GIRUY to opposition fans if, as Cox claims, there's a bit of history there. I genuinely have no recollection of him being subject to personal abuse though. Not suggesting he's made it up but I've never seen or heard anything of that nature towards him. 

As for the game it was a typical Clyde performance in front of a decent crowd. Didn't turn up whatsoever. The handball incident was genuinely the most blatant penalty I have seen and it's baffling how the linesman missed it. Peterhead already winning at the time mitigated the seethe somewhat but it was absolutely ridiculous. I missed our goal but when I came back into the stand and asked who scored I got 3 different answers so can only assume it was a scramble in the box. 

Fear for the play offs as Rankin is clearly a massive loss - this place will be some laugh if we don't go up at all. 

Result aside it was a great day out yesterday and there's nothing better than being part of a decent support. If only we could travel with those numbers more often. Muzza will be delighted to know that I spent a total of 4 hours in some of Cowdenbeath's hostelries yesterday for the authentic away day experience.

5 minutes ago, sydney said:

Saw a video of that. I think it was when the team bus was arriving. 

Yeah it was. The smoke was belching up the high st. Police van just drove right by it all, not interested at all.

Speaking to a Cowden player (not Cox) at the poty doo, the players wanted to beat Clyde due to the personal abuse Cox has endured from the Clyde fans over the past few seasons. May explain the actions of cox and the team towards the Clyde fans.
Given some of the disgraceful comments about cox on here I can understand their feelings.
Cox plays on the edge and many teams fans dislike his aggression.  Only Clyde fans however have stooped to personal abuse about him on this forum.
Before this match "controversy" I had no idea who Cox was.

By this time next week, I'll have have no idea who he is again.

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

I prefer to see our players celebrate with supporters but would have no issue if they gave a GIRUY to opposition fans if, as Cox claims, there's a bit of history there. I genuinely have no recollection of him being subject to personal abuse though. Not suggesting he's made it up but I've never seen or heard anything of that nature towards him. 

As for the game it was a typical Clyde performance in front of a decent crowd. Didn't turn up whatsoever. The handball incident was genuinely the most blatant penalty I have seen and it's baffling how the linesman missed it. Peterhead already winning at the time mitigated the seethe somewhat but it was absolutely ridiculous. I missed our goal but when I came back into the stand and asked who scored I got 3 different answers so can only assume it was a scramble in the box. 

Fear for the play offs as Rankin is clearly a massive loss - this place will be some laugh if we don't go up at all. 

Result aside it was a great day out yesterday and there's nothing better than being part of a decent support. If only we could travel with those numbers more often. Muzza will be delighted to know that I spent a total of 4 hours in some of Cowdenbeath's hostelries yesterday for the authentic away day experience.

For your goal, the ball went to Pyper and he totally fluffed the clearance, knocking it to the side straight to McNiff on the right and he simply drilled it into the other side of the goals. Sloppy one to give away.