Cowdenbeath vs The Proper Champions

8 hours ago, elgin proud said:

good luck clyde from Elgin

Don't dislike peterhead but its the closest (1.5 hours away) to a derby we have !

Nearest "derby" rivals yet you don't "dislike" them? 

I'm a Clyde fan, get me outta this league!!!

49 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Nearest "derby" rivals yet you don't "dislike" them? 

I'm a Clyde fan, get me outta this league!!!

Almost as if Elgin played in a different league set up not so long ago and left their real rivals behind there? Creating a kiddy on rivalry is definitely the sign of big teams though. 

12 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

And they'll all be chucked out before the presentation so that the stock cars can start. 

They don't have time to wait on a helicopter coming. 

I remember when we won the league at Cowden, it was between us and Berwick and the chopper was hovering halfway between the two towns and it was still at least a half hour after the game finished before the trophy arrived and then of course the presentation, singing & dancing etc. 5:15 is very tight. You can bet the cars/trailers and all it's entourage will be blocking the wee car park too. 

Of course, it could also be read as a warning to stock car owners that if Clyde get beat the infamous Gypsy Army might trash their motors.

10 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Almost as if Elgin played in a different league set up not so long ago and left their real rivals behind there? Creating a kiddy on rivalry is definitely the sign of big teams though. 

You must be longing for the day when Burntisland Shipyard finally make it up the pyramid.

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You must be longing for the day when Burntisland Shipyard finally make it up the pyramid.

Despite making absolutely no sense I’m sure that sounded funny in your head. 

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Despite making absolutely no sense I’m sure that sounded funny in your head. 

You're hard work, man. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I remember when we won the league at Cowden, it was between us and Berwick and the chopper was hovering halfway between the two towns and it was still at least a half hour after the game finished before the trophy arrived and then of course the presentation, singing & dancing etc. 5:15 is very tight. You can bet the cars/trailers and all it's entourage will be blocking the wee car park too. 

Of course, it could also be read as a warning to stock car owners that if Clyde get beat the infamous Gypsy Army might trash their motors.

We may as well- isn't that the point of the evening sport? 

I agree, their timescale is about as secure as a Thistle whatsapp chat- they (Cowden) have made a fairly decent effort at pre-management but it's virtually impossible to predict what will happen. Their focus however on us winning the league or not, is misplaced- i believe win, lose or draw, and with or without a trophy at 5.30pm, our players and fans will be united in a show of strength and and appreciation for the season at FT which might be a lot fucking harder to shift than first thought. Even if Peterhead storm into an unassailable lead declaring the winner very early, quite honestly i don't think we'll give a f**k by full-time. On the other hand- a late goal could change everything, and you don't give a quick applause then bugger off away for a team who's taken your season to that stage. We'll be in there for the players, like they have been out there for us. Absolutely ZERO chance of a quiet shuffle out. None at all. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

1 minute ago, Officer Barbrady said:

You're hard work, man. 

I agree, their timescale is about as secure as a Thistle whatsapp chat- they (Cowden) have made a fairly decent effort at pre-management but it's virtually impossible to predict what will happen. Their focus however on us winning the league or not, is misplaced- i believe win, lose or draw, and with or without a trophy at 5.30pm, our players and fans will be united in a show of strength and and appreciation for the season at FT which might be a lot fucking harder to shift than first thought. Even if Peterhead storm into an unassailable lead declaring the winner very early, quite honestly i don't think we'll give a f**k by full-time. We'll be in there for the players, like they have been out there for us. Absolutely ZERO chance of a quiet shuffle out. None at all. 

Looks like a recipe for play offs being played behind closed doors!

I agree, their timescale is about as secure as a Thistle whatsapp chat- they (Cowden) have made a fairly decent effort at pre-management but it's virtually impossible to predict what will happen. Their focus however on us winning the league or not, is misplaced- i believe win, lose or draw, and with or without a trophy at 5.30pm, our players and fans will be united in a show of strength and and appreciation for the season at FT which might be a lot fucking harder to shift than first thought. Even if Peterhead storm into an unassailable lead declaring the winner very early, quite honestly i don't think we'll give a f**k by full-time. On the other hand- a late goal could change everything, and you don't give a quick applause then bugger off away for a team who's taken your season to that stage. We'll be in there for the players, like they have been out there for us. Absolutely ZERO chance of a quiet shuffle out. None at all. 
outstanding post sir [emoji122][emoji122]

5 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

You're hard work, man. 

Would t expect a quiet shuffle out as Clyde have had a great season and their fans deserve to applaud the team.

however, there have been some knobs with Clyde travelling support this season so hope it doesn’t become an excuse for loutish behaviour.

Why would they be having a love in if they don't win the league? They would have at least two play off games to go. What so daft about expecting fans to leave within 45 minutes of the game finishing when it isn't the last game?

1 minute ago, HenryHill said:

Why would they be having a love in if they don't win the league? They would have at least two play off games to go. What so daft about expecting fans to leave within 45 minutes of the game finishing when it isn't the last game?

I don’t think the will be there for 45 mins unless they win the league

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Would t expect a quiet shuffle out as Clyde have had a great season and their fans deserve to applaud the team.

however, there have been some knobs with Clyde travelling support this season so hope it doesn’t become an excuse for loutish behaviour.

If that is the case, then any "louts" wouldnt require an excuse. Nothing to be worried about.