Greenock Morton vs Dundee United

A nothing game for both teams following yesterday's events, but we should still be going out to try and win to keep momentum.

Having said that, I would still like it if we rotated the side a bit, to keep things fresh and make sure we don't lose our most important just before two massive games. The team I would line up is:

Nicky Clark Osman Sow

Aidan Nesbitt Sam Stanton Ian Harkes Logan Chalmers

Callum Booth Mark Reynolds Rachid Bouhenna Charlie Seaman

Benjamin Siegrist

A nothing game as you say, but it could be the last time we see Tidser and a few others in a Morton shirt. So the game itself could be a significant end of an era type game.

One player who deserves a great send off is Kiltie. What a signing he has been in the end up for Morton, great player! 

We would like to stay in 5th place if we can. So lets hope the players stay focused after the intense last few weeks.    

The most pointless game of next week. Can we just agree a 0-0 now and not bother, allowing us all to go to Falkirk for a laugh? 

Wee boost to Falkirk's coffers, save them from extinction and all that. Actually, on second thoughts... 

We would be going into this, with a chance of a top 4 finish, if we hadn't gifted Alloa 9 points.  

However, the one positive, is that those points we gave Alloa, mean that Falkirk look like landing in the seaside leagues next season.  

23 minutes ago, NewarkTon said:

We would be going into this, with a chance of a top 4 finish, if we hadn't gifted Alloa 9 points.  

However, the one positive, is that those points we gave Alloa, mean that Falkirk look like landing in the seaside leagues next season.  

Don’t be so arrogant - we “gave”  Alloa nothing; in the two games at Cappielow at least they fully deserved their wins and from what I remember reading at the time we deserved little from their win at home. 

Still, as you say, the bonus is that those results look like helping Falkirk on their way out of the division and giving McKinnon an idea of what karma feels like.

This Morton team would’ve crashed and burned in the playoffs anyway, so if results go the right way next week it’ll all be well worthwhile.

38 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Nothing game.  Wouldn’t be against united leaving Reynolds, Butcher and Safranko out completely- our 3 most important players.

We need a balance between avoiding injuries/suspensions and keeping players sharp.  

Safranko seems like the sort of player who thrives on game time, I’d like to see him getting at least 45 minutes.  Also a win will help morale.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We need a balance between avoiding injuries/suspensions and keeping players sharp.  

Safranko seems like the sort of player who thrives on game time, I’d like to see him getting at least 45 minutes.  Also a win will help morale.

A repeat of yesterday would be fine.

Win the game in the first half, try things and keep it safe in the second.

Makes for a shite last 45, but more important things at stake.

Strike the balance. 

Perhaps start Pav and Clark this time, with Sow off the bench at half time.

Pawlett another for 60 mins or so as was left out completely yesterday. Mcmullan a rest please.. he will be vital in the matches that matter imo.

Than again, I’m no sport scientist, so all for all I ken, this could be shite.

Hopefully someone at Tannadice kens how to get it right.

18 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Don’t be so arrogant - we “gave”  Alloa nothing; in the two games at Cappielow at least they fully deserved their wins and from what I remember reading at the time we deserved little from their win at home. 

Still, as you say, the bonus is that those results look like helping Falkirk on their way out of the division and giving McKinnon an idea of what karma feels like.

This Morton team would’ve crashed and burned in the playoffs anyway, so if results go the right way next week it’ll all be well worthwhile.

I get what you're saying but if crossing the ball into your own box for your own player to kick the ball into your own net isn't a gift, then what is?

We certainly gifted them a few goals, even if we didn't deserve much out of the games. 

2 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I get what you're saying but if crossing the ball into your own box for your own player to kick the ball into your own net isn't a gift, then what is?

We certainly gifted them a few goals, even if we didn't deserve much out of the games. 

Aye, fair point! 

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

No idea how this’ll go, and as long as I get to worship Greg Kiltie for one last time I don’t particularly care.

What a tart you are with your affections, and he is not even a holding midfielder.