What happens now at Berwick Rangers?

On 06/05/2019 at 11:07, PELE said:

Definitely. Berwick need to take a big support up to Cove. The Cove fans don't seem to make much noise. Berwick need to return to Shielfield in a reasonable position.

Good shout

Berwick used to have a real noisy bunch in the days when we had a good rivalry. Need to get that gang back together for the trip to Cove.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Good shout

Berwick used to have a real noisy bunch in the days when we had a good rivalry. Need to get that gang back together for the trip to Cove.

#Berwick raiding party. #Berwick invasion.

Cowden and Mo fans know what it feels like to be in Berwick's situation and I can only guess that it must feel terrible. You have got to believe that your team is capable of rising to the occasion and with backing from the fans it can be done. Remember that Peterhead only lost 1 game in their last 15 and that was against Berwick. You have done it before and you can do it again. Good luck.

I've been unequivocally resolute in my support for the squad and the new managerial appointments, but I can't fault anyone for getting down about our prospects going forward. If anything, someone's blind optimism has contributed to our hurt this season.

Still, attendances have been encouraging compared to how pish the football has been, for which I can only applaud everyone attached to the club.

Having suffered Cowden's play-off last season, I was hoping to get to Berwick's return leg to offer a bit of mutual support, along with a few other 'neutrals' who certainly won't be wanting Cove promoted. Sadly, I won't make it but having visited Berwick a couple of months ago with Cowdenbeath, I wish the more hospitable club every success for the two matches and will certainly be following from afar with interest hoping to make a return to the border town again next season. All the best in your bid for survival!

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Just wouldn’t be the same without Berwick. It certainly isn’t going to be easy and if Berwick can keep eleven players on the park there’s no reason why they can’t prevail. 

Good luck anyway, I’ll be there tomorrow ( if I can get parked!)

Good man. Wear your Cowden (away) colours (so you don't blend in with the home team's blue) with pride, wind up the locals (without the risk of getting your head kicked in, naturally!) and get right behind Berwick on behalf of all who attended that return game at Central Park a year ago, and weren't seething by the end. Encourage every away challenge, vocally support every pass, try and play your part so you make it as uncomfortable for The Charmless Men as possible and get under their skins. They don't like it. Let them know it won't be a walkover (hopefully), and if we see scenes like we did at the end of the Cowden match last season, then hopefully we can spend a summer laughing at another Cove meltdown. Still not heard a positive word said about that club (other from their own minimal 'support'), so C'MON BERWICK!

46 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Good man. Wear your Cowden (away) colours (so you don't blend in with the home team's blue) with pride, wind up the locals (without the risk of getting your head kicked in, naturally!) and get right behind Berwick on behalf of all who attended that return game at Central Park a year ago, and weren't seething by the end. Encourage every away challenge, vocally support every pass, try and play your part so you make it as uncomfortable for The Charmless Men as possible and get under their skins. They don't like it. Let them know it won't be a walkover (hopefully), and if we see scenes like we did at the end of the Cowden match last season, then hopefully we can spend a summer laughing at another Cove meltdown. Still not heard a positive word said about that club (other from their own minimal 'support'), so C'MON BERWICK!

Not a good idea to walk about in Aberdeen with a blue top on! After what’s happened in football this week anything is possible. Strangely enough, Cove fans don’t make much noise at games. The Berwick boys could well drown them out.

Really looking forward to this now.

I have seen enough of Berwick this season to suggest that if they can play to their full potential and contain Cove’s euphoria things should work out fine .
The vast majority of SPFL 2 want you to remain a league side so good luck and do not give in .
Much obliged Mr Hoorsur, we're feeling the love from Fife, as I hope are all the Black & Gold. [emoji106]

Megginson misses the second leg with injury, Berwick surprise everyone and win four nil after a few Cove red cards. Berwick win on penalties. Cove claim the SFA are against them.

Megginson misses the second leg with injury, Berwick surprise everyone and win four nil after a few Cove red cards. Berwick win on penalties. Cove claim the SFA are against them.
If you are the son of Pele,and you wouldn't be the first to claim so, perhaps you would like a job up top for us next Saturday!? Your optimism alone shines through and gives me more confidence than the current mediocrity on display.

Good shout. It’s only half time after all.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Good shout. It’s only half time after all.

Yep. It's only half time and Cove are one team that can implode. They are used to things always going their way. So, you never know. Berwick need to spend the whole week on shooting practice.

Edited by PELE

Yep. It's only half time and Cove are one team that can implode. They are used to things always going their way. So, you never know. Berwick need to spend the whole week on shooting practice.

I’d stress a need to Learn how to pass it to each other in the hope that they can actually create an opportunity to have a shot first.