Ayr vs Alloa

Delighted Alloa stayed up, I have to be honest and admit my pre-match hypothetical position of  wanting Alloa to win left the building once the match started ( obviously not easy to over-ride 50 years of habit).

Apologies for blocking in the busload of fans looking to exit the bowling club car park, staying up obviously led to you all being in a jovial mood, hopefully hangover remedies are  being tested this morning.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Highlights don't look good for our back five. Jeezo there was some shoddy play going on there, and alloa seemed to dominate the early stages.

On the plus side, mccowan looked brilliant again. He could be a massive impact sub against ICT - bang on form.

And shankland took his goal very well, another great sign.

Happy for alloa, definitely don't think they deserved to go down.

Shankland did look sharp which I wasn't really expecting and McCowan was good although a couple of times he panicked a bit in getting a shot off. Defence was a bit wobbly, a few times Rose was caught out of position and Muirhead seems to have a bit of a problem playing five yard passes, which is maybe why he prefers to hoof it so often. Not quite sold on him yet.

Thought the Alloa fans were a credit yesterday, made alot of noise for most of the game. Obviously a little quiet in the last 5 minutes which is understandable as we had you pegged back at that point. It was a pretty even game, you could see how much it meant to Goodwin on the touchline, and Alloa didn't look like a team down and out at the end of a tough season. It could have been a pretty high scoring game on another day with decent chances at both end. Parry is clearly playing at a level too low for him, you can tell he's a class player. If he isn't signed up for next season I'd hope McCall will put an offer in, failing that I'd have Doohan back in a heartbeat. 

There is a decent squad there and having Arbroath up next season can only help Alloa's chances of staying up next term. My assumption at present is that QotS probably won't survive the playoffs, so there is very much the possibility of a third part time team coming up as well. 

From an Ayr perspective, yesterday is everything I expect it to be. It was good to see the players not down tools for self preservation. Risky strategy but professional non the less. Game time for guys like Shankland and Forrest is invaluable just now whilst they return to full strength. Thought they both looked pretty much 100% which is a good omen for Tuesday. Though Harvie had a really decent game, made some cracking runs and was a general menace on our attacks. Seems to have a good understanding with Cadden and I'd start them together on that flank against Inverness.  Muirhead in general was decent and I think given time with a solid defence he'll come onto a game. He seems to blow a little hot and cold at time with the basics as mentioned about like 5 yard passes being interesting to say the least....

Thought the Alloa fans were a credit yesterday, made alot of noise for most of the game. Obviously a little quiet in the last 5 minutes which is understandable as we had you pegged back at that point. It was a pretty even game, you could see how much it meant to Goodwin on the touchline, and Alloa didn't look like a team down and out at the end of a tough season. It could have been a pretty high scoring game on another day with decent chances at both end. Parry is clearly playing at a level too low for him, you can tell he's a class player. If he isn't signed up for next season I'd hope McCall will put an offer in, failing that I'd have Doohan back in a heartbeat. 
There is a decent squad there and having Arbroath up next season can only help Alloa's chances of staying up next term. My assumption at present is that QotS probably won't survive the playoffs, so there is very much the possibility of a third part time team coming up as well. 
From an Ayr perspective, yesterday is everything I expect it to be. It was good to see the players not down tools for self preservation. Risky strategy but professional non the less. Game time for guys like Shankland and Forrest is invaluable just now whilst they return to full strength. Thought they both looked pretty much 100% which is a good omen for Tuesday. Though Harvie had a really decent game, made some cracking runs and was a general menace on our attacks. Seems to have a good understanding with Cadden and I'd start them together on that flank against Inverness.  Muirhead in general was decent and I think given time with a solid defence he'll come onto a game. He seems to blow a little hot and cold at time with the basics as mentioned about like 5 yard passes being interesting to say the least....

The only reason Parry is with us is playing part time suits him better. He's had another outstanding season and saved us a few points with his performances