Ayr vs Alloa

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

How did McCowan play today

Was okay, had his moments of good but overall would say he got a bit bypassed at times with no chance of winning long balls off Alloa defence. Also got moved about from upfront to right mid and then back upfront plus he never had as much time and space in the middle of park as he got last week to do things.

Just now, rb123! said:

Could do with Ferguson back however i doubt that's allowed, unless you can put a begging message into the SPFL since we only have three fit defenders at most.

I was wondering about this as well. Can we not recall all our loan players at any time? I'd take McGuffie & Ferguson. Higgins can get in the sea though!

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Was that big Lauchlan behind the dugouts today?

Aye, dunno who the big lad with the red shorts was though.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Was that big Lauchlan behind the dugouts today?

Yeah his usual curse striked again, presume he's here for the play offs, has some of his californian pals over with him aswell i see.

Edited by rb123!

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I was wondering about this as well. Can we not recall all our loan players at any time? I'd take McGuffie & Ferguson. Higgins can get in the sea though!

Aye, dunno who the big lad with the red shorts was though.

The big lump wae the red shorts is his son or nephew. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I mean Fergusons season is over now at Dumbarton but can't see him being allowed to be part of the squad for the play-offs but you never know, now not looking like the best option to loan him!

Announced yesterday that Higgins contact won't be renewed.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I mean Fergusons season is over now at Dumbarton but can't see him being allowed to be part of the squad for the play-offs but you never know, now not looking like the best option to loan him!

Announced yesterday that Higgins contact won't be renewed.

Yeah, with hindsight we could have used him.  It's really annoying if we can't recall him.

Correct decision wrt Higgins.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ferguson can’t play. Some rule to do with registration of players.

If Smith is injured then I’d imagine Doc or Murdoch will play there. Preferably Docherty.

Neither option is particularly attractive :(

Is Geggan definitely broken?

I'd rather play Rose there if we had another centre back available. 

Alloa probably had the better chances first half, and when they scored we seemed to up the intensity a bit, and for the 2nd half too, without creating that many chances.

Quite irked we never got 3rd, the extra money would have been handy.

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Quite irked we never got 3rd, the extra money would have been handy.

Don't  worry, Mike Mulraney gave Lachlan a brown envelope. So we're no worse off. :thumsup2

A great day. We probably deserved to be ahead at half time, but the updates at the other grounds were telling us that a draw would probably be enough.  The goal swings at Falkirk were something else, but ultimately we knew that as long as we looked after ourselves that was all that mattered.

It got nervy in the second half as we retreated further back, especially as sitting on a lead cost us in the last couple of game. Third time lucky i guess: Ayr pushed but didn't create an awful lot, thankfully.

Overall we deserved the draw and the survival that has come with it, a brilliant effort from Jim and the players.

Highlights don't look good for our back five. Jeezo there was some shoddy play going on there, and alloa seemed to dominate the early stages.

On the plus side, mccowan looked brilliant again. He could be a massive impact sub against ICT - bang on form.

And shankland took his goal very well, another great sign.

Happy for alloa, definitely don't think they deserved to go down.

33 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Highlights don't look good for our back five. Jeezo there was some shoddy play going on there, and alloa seemed to dominate the early stages.

Yep - don't defend like that in the play-offs.

Disappointed in the lack of "1982  - West Germany v Austria" stuff in the 2nd half.