Ayr vs Alloa

30 minutes ago, Waspie said:

We were already in the play-offs before those two games against Ayr and Raith. I actually felt it was a questionable policy from Goodwin to put so much into the two games. It paid off beautifully in the end as the momentum built up over the two games - and the mental blow we gave Raith on the last day - saw us surge past them in the play-off semi. We looked tired in the final though and a few key men were carrying injuries after 4 big games in the previous few weeks. I think we were helped by Steve Aitken being such a shitbag and trying to defend a lead for 175 minutes. Had Dumbarton actually gone for us I think they could have delivered a knock out blow. They didn't and Jim Goodwin can justifiably say he got it bang on. With Ayr potentially having 6 games though I certainly wouldn't play the strongest team here. 

That doesn't mean they won't win anyway. We already lost to an ICT side in a fairly similar situation. Also recall Hartley playing loads of kids in our last league game before the play-offs a few years back and one of them, a 15 year old, scoring the winner to deny Arbroath a play-off place :lol:

Anyway, have to say I worry we have blown it by throwing away leads in our last two games. I always felt we could lose the last three and that Somerset was the least likely place for a win. The danger of 10th is real. But this Alloa side will give it a good shot and we'll see where we end up. 

Still worth making an effort in that particular scenario to avoid playing a team from the league above 

Do we even employ someone the now? I thought the guy doing it was a volunteer
There is one guy employed, think the pitch is needing rolled. Ball appears to bobble alot. You would hope someone would know though as the pitch doesn't look as good as it normally does.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just for the record here, we owe absolutely nothing to Alloa. Aye they held Raith to a draw on the last day however beat us the week before.

That being said I do hope they stay up so there’s at least two PT teams in the league next season. 

It's been said two weeks ago by Mark Kerr that the lads like Alloa specifically for last years run-in. I don't expect Ayr to give it their all and risk injury days before the playoffs. I think a young team is more dangerous in that regard because they'll want to show they can play and have a part in the promotion bid. A weathered side managing injuries sounds much more appealing to me.

My gut feeling is anticlimax.

We'll have a tight game ending in a draw. Falkirk will lose anyway and Partick will put a couple nails in the coffin of Queen of the South and next week we'll all be wondering what the fuss was all about.

It's been said two weeks ago by Mark Kerr that the lads like Alloa specifically for last years run-in. I don't expect Ayr to give it their all and risk injury days before the playoffs. I think a young team is more dangerous in that regard because they'll want to show they can play and have a part in the promotion bid. A weathered side managing injuries sounds much more appealing to me.
We'll have a tight game ending in a draw. Falkirk will lose anyway and Partick will put a couple nails in the coffin of Queen of the South and next week we'll all be wondering what the fuss was all about.
I'd be absolutely fucking delighted with that scenario, there would be no sense of anticlimax from me.

Just for the record here, we owe absolutely nothing to Alloa. Aye they held Raith to a draw on the last day however beat us the week before.
That being said I do hope they stay up so there’s at least two PT teams in the league next season. 

Absolutely this. Alloa did what was best for them. Granted it worked out well for us, but they didn’t do us any ‘favours’. As much as we like to joke, sporting integrity and all that...

50 minutes ago, Dink said:
56 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd be absolutely fucking delighted with that scenario, there would be no sense of anticlimax from me.

If I'm writing the script for Saturday it's going to be this:

or this:

Anything else is anti-climax.

The problem for both Ayr and Caley is the set up for the playoffs at the top of the championship is less than fair and favours the premier side totally.Six big matches to get promoted is a tough ask and will certainly have the managers thinking for this week.Agree with the thinking that Ayr owe us nothing and its down to us to look after ourselves but you will no longer be my big team if you beat us.

I can literally taste the desperation pouring out from Queens fans in this thread.
"Fans"? One QoS 'fan'. And a troll into the bargain.

If we do our job this game should be irrelevant anyway. We need to win. If we fail to do it we get what we deserve.

Jack Aitchison got took off injured in a Celtic youth game tonight and looks like he'll be out for Saturday, been a real threat for us since he's had a run of games! Don't understand teams sending youngsters out on loan to get first team experience but constantly still using them in youth/reserve games during the week? 

6 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Jack Aitchison got took off injured in a Celtic youth game tonight and looks like he'll be out for Saturday, been a real threat for us since he's had a run of games! Don't understand teams sending youngsters out on loan to get first team experience but constantly still using them in youth/reserve games during the week? 

Glasgow Cup final?

McCall says he'll rest a number of players for Saturday, planning to give Shankland 60 minutes, Bell and Moore out for the season and Jamie Adams and Andy Geggans seasons all but finished, that's a disaster losing Geggan for the season.

On 29/04/2019 at 23:00, Kobe2010 said:

The problem for both Ayr and Caley is the set up for the playoffs at the top of the championship is less than fair and favours the premier side totally.Six big matches to get promoted is a tough ask and will certainly have the managers thinking for this week.Agree with the thinking that Ayr owe us nothing and its down to us to look after ourselves but you will no longer be my big team if you beat us.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Alloa could be more than capable of getting a result on their own without any help from us.  If our result or Inverness CT result ends up relegating certain teams, its not our fault. It will be their own fault for being so poor over the whole season.

Ayr owe us absolutely nothing for last season. On the other hand I'm still holding a grudge against Ayr for playing the youngsters against Ross County at the end of season 2002-03 (we had to better Ross County's result, both on the same points but our goal difference was terrible).

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Aye will win IMO. We will get trounced by RC

I'm actually doing League 1 team badges for all my animations just now because it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it goes the other way.

I don't know what will be funnier,  if you stay up and there is a good start to the next season all the Falkirk guys boycotting season tickets jumping back on the #ourclub bandwagon or the chaos you'll bring to League 1.