Ayr vs Alloa

17 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Just as well Alloa didn’t take that attitude 12 months ago.  Let them have it, I say.  

That is the attitude they took 12 months ago. If they’d put out a half-arsed team on the last day of the season we wouldn’t have won the league.

Another short term vs long term dilemma in letting Alloa take some points. Short term an improved play off position and an extra 70k. Long term it helps our chances of staying in the league next season and even more prize money. I guess most people only look at the next game so will be wanting to take the three points. Personally I would just play the youngsters and fringe players 

Team for Saturday
Doohan
Smith Rose Muirhead Ecrepont

Forrest Kerr Doc Miller
McCown Hilton
As much as I would love Alloa to stay up home advantage in the 2nd game and an extra £75knis not to be sniffed at, that team give a a few boys a rest particularly Moff, Crawford, Murdoch and Harvie and gives a few fringe players some game time, I really hope Alloa stay up even if you guys get playoffs I don't see any team to fear for yous.

Another short term vs long term dilemma in letting Alloa take some points. Short term an improved play off position and an extra 70k. Long term it helps our chances of staying in the league next season and even more prize money. I guess most people only look at the next game so will be wanting to take the three points. Personally I would just play the youngsters and fringe players 
So you'd be happy with the weakest team we could put out on Saturday, effectively throwing a game of professional football?

There's an easy balance to be struck but let's not be silly about this.

43 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So you'd be happy with the weakest team we could put out on Saturday, effectively throwing a game of professional football?

There's an easy balance to be struck but let's not be silly about this.

Have you looked at the play off schedule? How’s a team with a small squad plus running on fumes from a heavy fixture list supposed to get through that run of games. I would be resting as many first team players that have played recently and save them for the play offs. Just so happens this approach may help Alloa which I think would also benefit us again next season 

Have you looked at the play off schedule? How’s a team with a small squad plus running on fumes from a heavy fixture list supposed to get through that run of games. I would be resting as many first team players that have played recently and save them for the play offs. Just so happens this approach may help Alloa which I think would also benefit us again next season 
Well thank f**k alloa never treated the game with such disrespect on the last day of last season.

Fortunately we won't either.

The playoff schedule is neither here nor there. Momentum is worth far more than a week's rest. If we get it going, we'll see where it takes us.

We WILL be trying to win on Saturday, any suggestions otherwise are just nonsense.

The bottom line is that Alloa are quite capable of looking after themselves and even should they lose to us it's still a huge ask for a terrible Falkirk side to take 3 points from Ross County, even though they've got nothing to play for.

From a personal perspective I also hope Alloa stay up, however I still want us to beat them on Saturday although I'll need to content myself with Jeff Stelling keeping me updated over in Salou...........

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Well thank f**k alloa never treated the game with such disrespect on the last day of last season.

Fortunately we won't either.

The playoff schedule is neither here nor there. Momentum is worth far more than a week's rest. If we get it going, we'll see where it takes us.

IIRC Alloa were still playing for something last season so hardly a noble act. Rest and squad size are more important than momentum for these particular play offs. Not sure the team finishing 3rd or 4th has ever been successful and by the fourth game missing players takes its toll. We need to look after ourselves and not worry about other teams who’ve shitfested their way through a piss poor season 

Out of interest could McCall get punished by the league if we played the Under 21s? I remember Ian Holloway at Blackpool playing a “weakened” team against Man Utd in the Premier league a few years back and was fined for it.

Different footballing authorities but could that still be the case?

Ayr can and should do whatever suits us best. The idea that we should somehow care about other sides is bizarre given it’s their own fault (like us last season) that after 35 games it all comes down to 1 game.

As for the game itself, I believe Hilton is back at Hurlford so won’t be involved. Other than McCowan and Ecrepont the most likely would be Hewitt, Thorburn and McKenzie given they played in the friendly last month against BSC Glasgow.

4 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:
18 hours ago, itzdrk said:
OOH AAH ALLOA!
Very tempted by the away end here. 

You told me you were going dressed a wasp.

Now I am sober I think a mere jester hat and painted face will do the trick. 

5 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Ayr can and should do whatever suits us best. The idea that we should somehow care about other sides is bizarre given it’s their own fault (like us last season) that after 35 games it all comes down to 1 game.

As for the game itself, I believe Hilton is back at Hurlford so won’t be involved. Other than McCowan and Ecrepont the most likely would be Hewitt, Thorburn and McKenzie given they played in the friendly last month against BSC Glasgow.

I can't see us just writing off the £75k given our financial situation.