Ayr vs Alloa

This should be a pretty interesting game what with Alloa needing a result to avoid the play offs. McCall said we’ll be resting players for this one so I wouldn’t be shocked to see Alloa win this. Plus I’d find it pretty funny if either Thistle or Queens went down.

Much as I like trips to Thistle and the club generally, for the greater good of Ayr Utd it would be good to see them down in Division One . One fewer bigger Club than us.

No idea how this will go, but todays team was experimental and did okay plus I hear Shankland might get 45 mins on Saturday so would be surprised if we field that much of a weakened side.  That said, when push comes to shove Alloa always seem to do enough...

Should be cracking final round of games, only one dead rubber.

1 hour ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

No idea how this will go, but todays team was experimental and did okay plus I hear Shankland might get 45 mins on Saturday so would be surprised if we field that much of a weakened side.  That said, when push comes to shove Alloa always seem to do enough...

Probably be the subs bench from today playing and the guys returning from injury getting some game time.
Would like to see Hare-Reid getting a crack between the sticks but at the same time Doohan breaking the clean sheet record. 

So definitely resting players for this, although probably not the two who need a rest the most, Smith & Harvie.

As much as I'd like to see Alloa in the league next season, for that PT cushion, I want that 75k in prize money more, but fear not Alloa, if it's the playoffs for you don't fret. It'll only be Raith.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So definitely resting players for this, although probably not the two who need a rest the most, Smith & Harvie.

As much as I'd like to see Alloa in the league next season, for that PT cushion, I want that 75k in prize money more, but fear not Alloa, if it's the playoffs for you don't fret. It'll only be Raith.

Arguably a far worse Raith than last year.
Surely Ecrepont is worth a run out, that would give Harvie a rest atleast. 

If he's serious about resting players then it's a perfect chance to give ecrepont a game, don't think he will tho.

Arguably a far worse Raith than last year.
Surely Ecrepont is worth a run out, that would give Harvie a rest atleast. 
Ecrepont & Geggan as full backs would be ideal,with McCowan & Hilton upfront.

The Raith defence seems even worse than last year, although Shankland 2.0 (Nisbet) is having a belter. Would still make Alloa favourites over them though.

32 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Nope we beat them like true professionals and finish third. To hell with doing favours to anyone.

Just as well Alloa didn’t take that attitude 12 months ago.  Let them have it, I say.  

Brilliant stuff.

Can I surely sum up the entire Ayr support...

We want alloa to stay up, and it would be a cracking wee party at full time.

But if we actually downed tools or put out a severely weakened team then we'd be rightly horrified.

A few players rested, a few keen youngsters to get a chance, but complete focus and determination on winning the game.