The Caledonian Thistles -vs- The Dunfermline Athletics

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That was the season opener for 09/10 if Im not mistaken. 

We got ragdolled but young Coxy popped up at the end. We were utter shite until November, then we just clicked one day, can't remember who against, and that was us until about the summer of 2015.

2 hours ago, Pulp said:

I think it was Ayr away when we pumped them 5-1 when we started to click. Was also the game where Adam Rooney decided he likes to score goals

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

More like Butcher decided to have Rooney starting most games.

He was on the bench for a fair amount of the games up until Christmas I believe.

I'm sure there was a home game where Butcher punted his usual 4-4-2 and went to a 4-2-3-1 with the Rooney, Hayes and Foran attacking trio with Sanchez (and sometimes Odhiambo) in behind.  We went a lot more attacking and a lot of the time our formation was closer to a 4-2-4.  Golabek and Duncan started to pick up form as well as I recall which certainly helped matters.

Edited by Highland Capital

I'm sure there was a home game where Butcher punted his usual 4-4-2 and went to a 4-2-3-1 with the Rooney, Hayes and Foran attacking trio with Sanchez (and sometimes Odhiambo) in behind.  We went a lot more attacking and a lot of the time our formation was closer to a 4-2-4.  Golabek and Duncan started to pick up form as well as I recall which certainly helped matters.

We also used to start Robert Eagle ahead of Hayes at the start of the season. The decision to change that would also have been a factor.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That was the season opener for 09/10 if Im not mistaken. 

We got ragdolled but young Coxy popped up at the end. We were utter shite until November, then we just clicked one day, can't remember who against, and that was us until about the summer of 2015.

Aye you barely deserved a point that day let alone three. 

My first ever game as a Dunfermline fan was against Inverness, 1999, sure we won 4-0

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye you barely deserved a point that day let alone three. 

My first ever game as a Dunfermline fan was against Inverness, 1999, sure we won 4-0

It was.  Our first game in the 1st Division.  3-0 down after half an hour I think.  Young Andrew Allan got sent off too.  It was a horrible performance.  Mind you, Dunfermline had just come down from the SPL.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

It was.  Our first game in the 1st Division.  3-0 down after half an hour I think.  Young Andrew Allan got sent off too.  It was a horrible performance.  Mind you, Dunfermline had just come down from the SPL.

Aye we'd just come down and would end up going up at the end of the season, with a budget we absolutely couldn't afford. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Aye we'd just come down and would end up going up at the end of the season, with a budget we absolutely couldn't afford. 

A top-flight Dutch manager being persuaded to join a Scottish 1st division team? Nothing to see here...

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

We also used to start Robert Eagle ahead of Hayes at the start of the season. The decision to change that would also have been a factor.

I remember Eagle.  A very good crosser of the ball but nothing else.  Couldn't pass and for a winger was as slow as a week in the joint.  

Just Googled him and he apparently recently avoided jail time for a sexual case.  He's now at Leiston in the Southern League Premier Division Central (7th level of the pyramid).

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I remember Eagle.  A very good crosser of the ball but nothing else.  Couldn't pass and for a winger was as slow as a week in the joint.  

Just Googled him and he apparently recently avoided jail time for a sexual case.  He's now at Leiston in the Southern League Premier Division Central (7th level of the pyramid).

I was going to sign him for Macclesfield on FM 2008 but his haircut made me think he was a creeper.

Glad my instincts were correct.

Remember Daniel Stratford?  He wasn't very good.  Not very good at all in fact, though fairly handsome.

I always like him for some reason but yeah not very good at all.

He quit football not long afterwards for coaching which he apparently is very good at.

Looking back at that team we had some phenomenal players but also some absolute rotters. I mean Dejbi Zadi ffs.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I always like him for some reason but yeah not very good at all.

He quit football not long afterwards for coaching which he apparently is very good at.

Looking back at that team we had some phenomenal players but also some absolute rotters. I mean Dejbi Zadi ffs.

Djebi Zadi was probably your best player that day, seemed a nightmare to  against. 

Dunfermline v Inverness Caley Thistle

20 Cammy Gill (GK)

28 James Craigen

14 Danny Devine

5 Mark Durnan

6 Lee Ashcroft [emoji767]

4 Lewis Martin

7 Kallum Higginbotham

22 Stuart Morrison

10 Louis Longridge

35 Ryan Blair

12 Bruce Anderson

9 Andy Ryan

15 Myles Hippolyte

18 Faissal El Bakhtaoui

24 Paul Allan

26 Matthew Todd

27 Lewis McCann

30 Craig Burt (GK)

Interesting...

Looks like 3-5-2, tho weird to see morrison who's naturally a Center back playing in midfield ahead of Todd

Big game for cammy as well

Hilarious goal to concede. 

Gill rolls it out to Morrison who has a horrendous backpass that amount to chipping it at Gills face, Austin then has the fairly simple task of tapping it in. 

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lost nine drawn one.
f**k off

Oh bore off, if Crawford was to win this one what it change your mind? Its the absolute epitome of a  worthless end of season fixture where we're giving some fringe players a chance, who have royally fucked up. 

3 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

What formation are we even playing?
That team selection is a piss take. If you want to look at other players then play them in natural positions

From the players missing who could we even play? We've got attackers on the bench but we're struggling for defenders and center mids. 

Gives Crawford a chance to look at a couple of young players in a competitive setting, if you're not going to play them in a meaningless game when you can you see them?